It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 08:38 PM   #16
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
Re: Night Sweats...do you get'em?

Trust1- InGeneX does a separate test just for Babs. Each co-infection has its own test.

Old 04-27-2005, 05:52 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

I have/had Babesia - Still don't know if I licked it yet. I only took one month worth of Mepron - tried to take a second and my bowels screamed NO! so I did not proceed. I have had the chills a couple times this week when going to bed and that has be a bit scared. No nightsweats yet...had them once or twice every week before babesia treatment.

I tested negative for Babesia with the Whole Blood Serum test but the FISH test through IgeneX was very Positive...this is the one where they stain your blood...I think the deal is when they use the stain it is better at detecting multiple strains.

Hope you get some answers soon AngelaA - Babesia is a nightmare. I had extreme dizziness and a lot of spontaneous bruising on my legs with this...

-NCgirl88

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 07:49 AM   #18
(male)

trust1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estep
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha - Babesia self limiting... Yes, I have read that also. Maybe if you can live through it. I could not have survived much longer myself. I was undiagnosed with babs for two years and it got worse by the day. I thought I would die before they figured out what was wrong with me. It took many months to get that disease under control and I hope others are not as naive to believe babs is self limiting. I have never heard of anyone beating it without treatment.

could you share your symptoms you had during those two years? I dont get night sweats everynight, just had'em for 3 or 4 nights in a row goes away for a while comes back

Old 04-28-2005, 01:45 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

trust1, Babesiosis can have many symptoms and affect people differently. Some symptoms include heart palpitations, chills, night sweats, severe headaches, muscle pain, and anemia. Some people have fevers, some do not.

When I had night sweats from Babesiosis, I did not get them every night.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:53 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

AngelaA I am very sorry about what happened to your cat That is so sad.

Levaquin is very expensive. Do be careful if you take it. Some people do have problems with severe tendon pain. If it happens, stop the med and call your doctor right away. Other people have been helped by it.

Were you tested for all the co-infections?

Old 04-28-2005, 01:56 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Estep, welcome to the board!

I agree, Babesiosis can be very severe. I hope you have recovered from it.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #22
Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User

Ticker I haven't been tested for all the coinfections yet. Just Lyme. I think Babs will be next because it is so obvious with the major night sweats and nightly fevers. I have just about ruined my mattress from all the perspiration! I want to ask my dr about testing for relapsing fever and STARI. I didn't think I could possibly have STARI thinking it was confined to Texas, but now I have read where the Lone Star tick leaves throughout the Southeast which is where I got the tick bite I know about. That was a deertick, but then I was out in the woods so much and constantly saw ticks that I could have been bitten many times over that I don't know about. Then there is the cat bite from the kitten with 100 ticks taking place in another part of the country so I think I should be tested for all the coinfections. Yeah I really miss my kitty that died. It was a horrible death; it was very hard to deal with. Besides the infection dissolving the bones in her knee it also made a hole in her leg. I about fainted when I saw it. The vet discovered it after taking the cast off her leg that another vet had put on thinking she had a broken leg from the dog laying on her.

Anyway I begged the drs office to revoke the Levaquin prescription and give me a generic so today when I went to the pharmacy I found that he had called in Flagyl (or the generic for it which I can't spell.) Big difference in price!

Old 05-01-2005, 10:50 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticker
trust1, Babesiosis can have many symptoms and affect people differently. Some symptoms include heart palpitations, chills, night sweats, severe headaches, muscle pain, and anemia. Some people have fevers, some do not.

When I had night sweats from Babesiosis, I did not get them every night.
Hi Ticker,

Just to clarify things, the heart palpitations can come from the lyme too? I have never had the night sweats and my babs test was negative, of course it was with labcorp and hope it was right. Anyway even when I have had the palpitations they are almost unnoticecable. In fact they were worse until the IV but all but went away and hardly ever see them. In fact before the IV it wasn't much either. That is about the only thing that didn't come back with a vengeance after the IV was stopped.
betterdaysforme

Closed Thread