It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2005, 01:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
Questions, Questions, & more Questions

Hey guys,

This is directed at anybody who wants to add their 2 cents. When I got a thread form takemylife the other day I couldn't believe he has been doing the cat's claw and enzymes stuff just since January. I'm sure to him it feels like much longer but to me although he still has issues it is amazing how much better he is in that amount of time. I decided to go back and look at his posts and saw many names I had never seen before in the Uncaria tomentosa, cats claw, una de gato thread. Where did these people go? Are they better? I was connected to the site back then but the computer doofus that I am, I only knew how to check threads if the site informed me that I had an answer to questions. I've come a long way!

Two of the contributors were DTemple and beachbaby. Sound familiar to anybody? I never heard of them.
Hope they are healed but would love to know. I wonder if the moderator could let them know they have posts like they did me via e-mail so we could find out how they are? Would be interesting. I would write to them.

As you all know I am on saventaro at a much higher dose than the package says because that is the way my homeopathic prescribed it. I took the normal dose for 5 days and then upped it to 2 3x a day instead of dropping to 1 a day as the package says. To say that my butt is dragging is an understatement. Yesterday I decided to take 2 2x a day and it is slightly better today. In the above mentioned thread takemylife said that there were times he had to go off the samento completely for a few days just to get back some strength. I think that was my problem. Was it the meds or too much die-off not being able to get out? Who knows.

Sleeper, you stated that in November you had been on samento for 8 months and antibiotics too. What a long road you have had! I didn't expect this to cure me right away but was blown away at the length of your treatment. Of course we all know how much better you are doing since you went on the cholestyramine. Was this the magic bullet? Were you killing so much bacteria that was not completely leaving your body and that this was able to finally do the trick? Again who knows? I know gerribear is going on it. Will she have the same results? I hope so! We need a magic bullet!

I have read that the people who have tried the samento feel it is superior to the saventaro. Is that because of the dosage and what my doctor has me doing is going to equal the liquid? Again, who knows. I do know I feel like crap and according to everybody here that is good.

beachbaby was also taking enzymes like takemylife and way back in January mentioned that according to Dr. Jernigan beta sitasterol is even better than cholestyramine in breaking up fatty deposits that may help harbor the lyme organism. Do you remember seeing this sleeper? I think sometimes we read things and instead of asking what somebody means we just forget it so we don't look like idiots. If the cholestyramine and sitasterol are that good does that mean the antibiotic or the cat's claw no matter what the form can do its job better in conjunction with it? That would be nice. There were also recommendations to aid in reducing the reactions to die-off from samento. Gosh, I wish I had seen this site before. Sylphium products from Dr. Jernigan is also discussed. I'm an idiot, I do have to look this up!

Then I ended up on a site about rocephin which I had been given for 9 weeks. I always felt that I was on the right track because even though it was minor problems that were being solved at least it was doing something. After having to come off of it the doxy did nothing!!! Good or bad I am reacting to the saventaro. There were discussions about intracellular and a lot of things I have to admit I haven't got a clue what is being discussed. I don't pretend to be medically knowledgeable but certainly know a lot more now than I ever thought I wanted to know. Personally, I wish I didn't have lyme and was still ignorant. But knowlege does help and this is the place to garner it. I am a pretty good craft painter though and maybe some of the medical whizzes can't do that! We all have our own gifts!

lamotta at one point talked about samento and saventaro being from or like the quinolone family (?) and would work as well as doxy. I know there are many agreements and disagreements on this. This to me is great news no matter what your opinion. Don't forget different things work for different people. The question is does it kill the lyme bacteria or just put it to sleep? Dorkdad wrote the other day that the cat's claw products don't kill it. Is that right? Did I read this wrong? Am I spinning my wheels? I know lyme can reemerge from stress and although I am soooooooo much better in that department I can't say that I will never stress out again. If I am just putting this to bed then I don't want to deal with it waking up ever again. Nor do I want to worry for the rest of my life about this happening. I'm sure the rest of you feel the same way. I would probably totally lose it if I felt I was over this and it came back after being "cured". Just lock me up!

I am now supplementing the saventaro with CO Q 10 at lunch and fish oil with omega 3 and omega 6 at breakfast and dinner. The enzymes and green capsules too. My biggest problem is sleep because I am sure that contributes to the mobility, stiff hands, neck, eye and too many to mention problems. I just know if I could string a few weeks worth of sleep together I would be a whole new person. If I lay down in the day I don't sleep and I feel worse and sorer when I get up. It's not worth it. What's a person to do? Occassionally sleepytime tea helps and I just started taking a glass of milk at night and that helps some too. Sleep is one of the things the rocephin cured. I guess when this is gone I can sleep to my heart's content.

I'm sure I will think of more when I sign off but this is a good start. I have to say I feel somewhat more inspired by the cat's claw now and impressed that people were discussing it way back when. The colloidal silver too. I can't wait to see my homeopathic next Tuesday and run some of this by him. By no means do I say this is the answer for everybody and I may eventually end up on antibiotics again. I know some of you will respond like takemylife, lamotta, and sleeper and maybe even our beloved ticker. I welcome your input and maybe this will have others researching past threads to answer some questions. Have a great weekend.

betterdaysforme

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User
Re: Questions, Questions, & more Questions

Betterdays:

I want to respond to your question about the cholestyrene, but we're going thru a serious family emergency situation here and I have to focus on that (and on not getting so stressed that I relapse after all my hard work!)

I WILL be back to you!

Gerri

Old 05-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
Re: Questions, Questions, & more Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerribear
Betterdays:

I want to respond to your question about the cholestyrene, but we're going thru a serious family emergency situation here and I have to focus on that (and on not getting so stressed that I relapse after all my hard work!)

I WILL be back to you!

Gerri
Hey gerribear,

I hope that it isn't too bad a situation. The last thing you need is stress after all you've been thru. Hang in there.
betterdaysforme

Closed Thread