It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #1
(female)

Van-gogh HB User
Question curious on a itchy tick bite,.... 5-6 weeks later

i have a TICK BITE on my side that i found one morning waking up, i immediatly pulled the tick off but dont remember if the head was discarded too, all i had left after pulling it was a bleeding red spot like a scratched mosquito bite. ever since that morning it has not healed and i guess it hasnt helped i have peeled off the scab a couple of times and i have been itching it here n there. well some one also told me a parasite can be contracted from ticks also other diseases i know of. this is not my first tick bite i have had plenty before but i have never had one that got this bad and hasnt healed before. usually we jus pull them off n thats it no mark or nothing. also when i smashed the little bugger white creamy stuff came out of him, no blood and he was big. it was a deer tick too. there is no bulls-eye mark jus a red spot that looks like it has been itched alot and has a skin scab over it. a skin scab (as i call them) are scabs that arent red n dried blood looking they are skin color n lighter then the surrounding healthy skin. please any criticism or advice and such would be helpful, much thx

Old 07-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
Re: curious on a itchy tick bite,.... 5-6 weeks later

Dear vangogh,

Are you having any lyme symptoms? You don't always get a bullseye rash. I don't ever remember even getting bitten by a tick but here I am. I strongly urge you to get a blood test done and make sure it is sent to Igenex. Too bad you didn't save the tick, they test them too. Keep us posted. Ticker will recommend you see a lyme literate medical doctor so you might let us know where you live and she will tell you the closest one. There are numerous co-infections you should be concerned with also not just lyme.
BDFM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #3
(female)

Van-gogh HB User
Arrow Re: curious on a itchy tick bite,.... 5-6 weeks later

[FONT=Comic Sans MS] i live in Raeford NC and i'm going to see a doctor soon so i'm going to ask about it and see what the doctor says[/FONT]

Old 07-15-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: curious on a itchy tick bite,.... 5-6 weeks later

Hi Van-gogh, I responded to your post on the other board. I am glad you posted here

How did you remove the tick? Improper removal increases the risk of infection. There is an excellent Lyme doctor in Huntersville, NC. His name is Dr. Joseph Jemsek. I highly recommend that you make an appointment to see him. If the tick was infected, the earlier you get the proper treatment the better.

Keep us posted on how you are doing okay?

Closed Thread