It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
Skin is burning!

Does anyone know what will relieve the burning skin feeling. The last two days I have had awfull burning, though I feel cold. Does anyone else have this symptom? Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks

Old 07-15-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
(female)

dallasmommy HB User
Re: Skin is burning!

Is it just on your exposed skin(ie legs and arms)? If so it could be a side-effect of the minocycline which causes extreme sensitivity to the sun. I got burned just driving in my car and walking to the mailbox. It has been my experience that even the highest spf sunscreen is useless. Hope this horrible symptom subsides!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Dallasmommy, it is pretty much a constant burning sensation in my arms, back, shoulders and legs. I have had it ever since I have been ill, 2 years. During abx it has gotten worse. When I get in the sun it actually feels better. It is kinda like I feel so cold that I burn, sounds silly. Right now it is 75 in my house and I am freezing under the surface yet burning on the surface. I have spoke to people with fibro who feel the same.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Neuropathy.

You best bet is to focus on daily detox baths.

Last edited by itsmylife; 07-15-2005 at 02:18 PM.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemylife
Neuropathy.

You best bet is to focus on daily detox baths.
Is this common with lyme?

Old 07-15-2005, 02:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Yes, is is common with chronic lyme infection.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear bothrops,

I know exactly what you are talking about. I tried to write a thread one time and figured everybody would think I was nuts. I honestly couldn't tell if my legs mainly were so cold they were burning or if they actually were hot. And my hands were freezing. Ticker even suggested I see somebody about circulation but I am sure it was the lyme. Maybe even that "thick" blood they talk about from the lyme.

This has pretty much subsided for me after months of abx and natural treatments such as cats claw. I really hadn't even thought about it for a while so I guess that is one thing I can cross off the list.

In Texas it is near 100 every day and our upstairs is pretty warm but when I have the twitching in my legs I like to sleep up there so I don't keep my husband awake. We have turned the temp in the house down and to me it is too cold downstairs and half the time I sit and watch tv with a throw over me. We even turned it back up last week just 2 degrees and then it felt too hot. You might try this and see if you have the same reaction. Like the rest of us I am sure you are running a low temp which is normal for lyme.

I agree with takemylife, I think the detox baths help a lot. I can just about tell when I need one. Like Romans I am wiped afterward but feel a little better the next day. Sometimes I am afraid to do them without my husband home for fear that I won't get out. I was just taking epsom salt/peroxide bath and having a lot of twitching and takemylife said to add baking soda too. I did this yesterday and it was so much more relaxing I thought I would fall asleep in the tub. Much better. Wasn't sure how much of it to put in so I added 1/2 cup to the normal mix. I did have a hard time getting out because I was so relaxed but that's okay. I know I need them. He said this would get better with time.

Hope you feel better when they do the picc-line. Keep us posted.

BDFM

Old 07-15-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
(female)

dallasmommy HB User

Yep, I think everyone here has some form of neuropathy.

Old 07-16-2005, 04:41 PM   #9

gmcnj HB User

Bothrops,

I developed the skin 'burning' sensation about a year into antibiotic treatment. When it got really bad I mentioned it to the nurse practitioner at my LLMDs office. She said that they see a lot of extreme skin burning and tingling with Ketek, which I was on at the time. I'm off Ketek right now, and it is less intense, though still present.

Anyway, according to this NP, it is associated w/ herxing, and some abx will aggravate it worse than others. Are you on Ketek or something in the same family?

gmcnj

Old 07-23-2005, 06:34 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

Man I went through this for a long time. My skin felt burnt, couldn't touch anything, including hot water. Symptoms have gone away about 6-months ago.

Closed Thread