It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 07:57 AM   #1

gmcnj HB User
cat's claw herx?

Has anyone herxed on cat's claw? I started it two days ago, and I'm feeling pretty lousy. Increased ringing in ears, increased neuropathy, joint pain, and sooooooo tired. I somehow forgot to ask the LLMD what to expect, so I'm not sure if this is typical.

I'm doing the tincture. Two drops twice a day to start, and then increase to four twice a day the second week. It seems like such a tiny amount to cause a reaction!

I also started bio-identical hormones at the same time, but I don't think that should cause any reactions (should it?)

gmcnj

Old 07-31-2005, 08:29 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User
Re: cat's claw herx?

gmcnj ,

Yes this could definitely causing a herx. Are you taking Samento? I know some people actually ut a drop in water and then only drink some of the water and then build up to one drop a day. Always better to start of small and work up.

I truly believe anything you put into your body can make you herx. I have had herxing from raw galic, oregano oil, you name it I am sensitive to it.

If you are wanting to start out with the 2 drops twice a day I would stay at that level till your herxing subsides and then increase. I would not increase while you are feeling bad. My LLMD recommends when you are herxing to back off and let your body rest and then continue when you are feeling better.

See if this helps your body out!
~P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear gmcnj,

I received my liquid samento in the mail and was so anxious to start but had a UTI. I really don't like to mix meds. I did start the detox capsules they sent me and the lyme-aid capsules some doctor formulated who had lyme on Tuesday (each one 2 3x/day). I figured they couldn't hurt although each has some cat's claw in them.

I was almost finished with my UTI meds and started with 1 drop of samento on Wednesday, 2 on Thursday and 3 yesterday. Just once a day. Today I actually took 3 drops in the morning and will do 3 more before bed now that I'm finished with the UTI meds. I drink it with about 3/4 cup of water.

The only thing I have noticed is increased numbness and stiffness in my hands and arms up to my elbows. I can stand that. So far so good. I had been on the saventaro and colloidal silver for a couple of months before starting the liquid but hadn't taken anything for at least a week before starting. I kind of wanted to empty my system of everything and then got that darned UTI. And after stopping everything my butt was dragging.

Maybe because I took a form of cat's claw before it won't be so hard on my system? I hope I didn't just jinx myself! The thing that had gotten to me was the lyme-aid. I had an ever so slight headache but it also made me want to sleep. There are a few things in it that are supposed to be calming. I guess that's good because for as little sleep as I get at night I can't sleep in the daytime either. Maybe this will help.

The detox pills are finally working but I didn't have any great rush of stuff coming out of me which I kind of expected and knew needed to happen. But it does seem to be different than usual. I am sure after all I have done since October my gut is trash and clogged. Again, I think it is the combo of stuff not just a harsh laxative. As long as it keeps eating away at it that's all I care about. Takemylife said that is what his enzymes and green capsules do too.

The detox is called 10 day detox but I am going to take it at 1/2 dose, 1 3x a day, until I can get rid of the lyme because I don't want to create build-up again as the bacteria dies. I sure hope this works.

I am sure I will sooner or later reach a plateau with how much samento I can take but hope it will be at least the 12 drops 2x a day that Amber takes. Now that I am going to twice a day I probably will only increase 1 drop every 3 -5 days. Keep me posted on your progress and I'll do the same.
BDFM

Old 08-01-2005, 05:03 AM   #4

gmcnj HB User

ggb, thanks for the tips. I didn't take the samento last night and am going to try a lower dose when I stop herxing. I am very busy at work right now (and have a new boss starting today on top of everything else!) so I can't afford this major herx.

I'll call and check in with my LLMD, too, re: dosage. My former LLMD was from the "hit it hard with all you've got" school, but I know my new naturopath is more of a "listen to your body" type guy.

BDFM, I am also having greatly increased hand and arm pain as a result of the samento. Feet and ankles, too, which up until now has been the only part of my body that had remained unaffected!

Are you still tolerating your three drops today?

I like the sound of your detox program. I'm trying not to introduce anything without talking with my LLMD, as he tests everything before I take it to see whether I might have an allergic reaction. But I'm going to mention it to him.

I still can't believe such tiny drops could make me feel almost as bad as rocephin!!!

gmcnj

Old 08-01-2005, 06:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear gmcnj,

I am tolerating the 3 drops a day. In fact since I am done with the UTI meds I got up yesterday and took my detox, lyme-aid and a few hours later took my 3 drops.

Other than the hand and arm business I had some hot/cold sensations in my legs. Mostly left. That is where all of this started 4 1/2 years ago but after steroids it is more prevalent in my right leg. I sometimes wonder if some of that isn't mental though because I am so afraid of falling. So maybe it is good it is hitting the left side. The feeling is as though I can't tell if it is really hot or so cold it feels hot. This starts about 15 minutes after I take the samento but tapers down after an hour or so. It doesn't hurt or anything just feels weird so it won't make me cut back on the drops.

Anyway I didn't have a problem from the 3 drops so I took another 3 before bedtime and same reaction so I guess for a few days I will stick with 3 and then try 4. I will probably up the drops every 3 - 5 days. I'm sure I will know when to stop. Amber is taking 12 drops 2x a day. It took her 3 -4 months to do this so I don't want to overdue it. As I said maybe because I was on the cat's claw capsules for a while it will not bother me so much until a few more drops are added.

I don't know how you are working and fighting this too. I guess if I allowed myself to be in a wheelchair I could too but I just can't do that. I think it would defeat me. I will just keep stumbling around until the legs get stronger. Jag is a real inspiration to me. Brain fog is not a huge problem just the mobility, stiff hands, and equilibrium. I can't believe I said "just".

Keep plugging away you will get there. By the way when I looked up Nutramedix I searched a lot of sites before I found the herbalist gal I bought my nutramedix from. She has the detox capsules, Dr. Donna S's lyme-aid capsules (she had lyme herself) and more herbs than I ever knew existed. It was also the cheapest place for the Nutramedix samento. I wish I could tell you ow to find it but I'm not allowed.

I'll keep you posted on how it is going. I still believe the detox caps and the detox baths are key. I do want to ask my homeopathic about the ammonia the keets may be giving off and may be causing the equilibrium problem though. Amber said what she takes for that seems to be helping. My doctor has a real narrow hallway to get back to his rooms and I am all but holding on to either side to maneuver back there. This may be the reason. He is convinced there is just one part of the puzzle we are missing. I'll help him all I can.
BDFM

PS Do you think you will like your new boss? I hope he/she will be understanding of what you are going through. Don't overdue it.

Last edited by Betterdaysforme; 08-01-2005 at 06:04 AM.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:17 AM   #6
(female)

raleigh86 HB User

Betterdaysforme:

Why did you switch from samento to saventaro? I find that supplements can cause side effects or herx. I am more sensitive to everything since I have lyme. I tend to try suggestions,and there are so many out there, I wonder if too many supplements is a bad thing. I started Cat's Claw capsules and Wobenzym. I didn't start at the same time, but once I was taking everything, along with the vitamin program I have been on for years, I noticed more fuzziness and ear ringing in the morning. It is just so hard to know what is causing what. I recently started Trace Minerals.

Has anyone tried Sam-E?

Is there a short list of supplement protocol that should be taken?

Raleigh86

Old 08-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Raleigh86 ,

I have been taking SAM-e for a couple of years now. I have just recently increased my dosage to 400 mg a day.

This has helped with mood, sleep, joints and liver.

True believer of SAM-e!

~P

Old 08-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
Veteran

ciconner HB User

I took cats claw capsules a few months ago (apparently not even the right type) and started having sore knee joints the day after I started (that was the first time I even had that symptom). I'm not taking anything right now and seem to be doing ok.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:38 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Raleigh,

Sorry it took so long to answer. I read your post earlier but had to go and cook dinner.

I switched from saventaro to liquid samento. Until sleeper wrote in the other day that she switches these two around depending on what's on sale I thought I was the only one to take the saventaro. My homeopathic is familiar with the saventaro which is why he recommended it. Nutramedix per my request sent him a test kit and it appeared during his testing that it would work also. He really didn't see any reason to change but left it up to me. Amber has had such great results with the liquid samento that I decided to make the switch. It is supposed to be 15 times more potent than the capsules. Because of this you need to start with a very small dose and work your way up. Amber started with just 1/2 a drop and is now up to 12 drops 2x a day. I am now at 3 drops 2x a day but will probably add a drop once a week.

I notice that my arm and hand are much more stiff and tingly, my legs burn somewhat for about an hour after I take it but it is tolerable. I also sometimes have a very slight dull headache. Maybe this is my way of herxing. Don't know for sure. I found the best price when I searched Nutramedix and found an herbalist who also sells it. She also sends a 10 day detox capsule and some lyme-aid which is a capsule formulated by a doctor who had lyme herself. They are free. I like free.

The Nutramedix liquid samento is supposed to be the best because it is TOA free which is very important. But I can't say for sure if this is true. It costs about $37 a month but the first month or two is cheaper because you are starting at such a low dose. Good luck if you try it and let me know how it works. I am hoping that maybe in 2 months or so I will start to see some improvement.
BDFM

Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #10
(female)

raleigh86 HB User
TO: Betterdaysforme & gottagetbetter...

Betterdaysforme:

Thanks for your info. I saw the website for Lyme-aid. Let me know how it works for you.

gottagetbetter:

I haven't heard anyone mention SAM-E on the boards. I have seen it in stores, not knowing what it was for. My daughter-in-law's homeopathic vet recommended it for their dog. I read the label while visiting them, and saw it was good for liver. I will have to try it.

I've been reading Dr. Jerigan's book. At first I was excited about it, but just scanning it again, I feel his treatment too overwhelming and hard to do at home.

Raleigh86

Closed Thread