It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
(male)

cubbiejr HB User
Angry What are the side effects of the Lymerex shot?

I have such ringing and fullness in my ears that I can't drive or work. My jaw and knees hurt at times. My cheeks, stomache and neck get hot alot.
I have had the shot for Lymerex done, but only 2 shots by the time the doctor was ready to give me the third shot they discontinued the shot. I had a blood test done and it came back negative.

Old 08-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: What are the side effects of the Lymerex shot?

Hi cubbiejr, welcome to the board.

From what I understand, there were many problems with the Lyme vaccine. I believe it was effective against one strain only when there are many strains of Lyme. If someone had Lyme, did not know it and got the shot they could become very ill. After the vaccine had been out, it was discovered that approximately 1/3 of the population has a gene that predisposes them to getting chronic, severe arthritis. A class-action lawsuit has been filed against the maufacturer

Which test did you have done? No Lyme test is completely reliable, and results can vary by lab. From what I understand the ELISA or titer is the least reliable and the one most doctors run first. Is this the test you had done?

When Lyme disease is a possibility, the most important thing you can do is see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected. It is important to be tested.

If you tell me where you live, I will give you the name of the closest knowledgeable doctor to you that I know of.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 11:04 PM   #3
(male)

cubbiejr HB User

Thanks for the info probably didnt get tested properly all I know is he said numbers seem to be stable except for the vaccine shot. Well I live in Middlesex County, New Jersey thanks ahead of time for your help finding a doctor

Old 08-09-2005, 05:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi cubbiejr. There are three excellent Lyme doctors in NJ that I know of: Dr. Emilia Eiras in Jackson; Dr. Andrea Gaito in Basking Ridge; and Dr. Charlene DeMarco in Egg Harbor. I hope you can get an appointment with one soon.

Keep us posted on your progress okay?

Old 08-09-2005, 06:11 AM   #5
(male)

cubbiejr HB User

Thanks for the information what kind of lyme test should I be asking for or do they know?

Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi cubbiejr. If you see a Lyme doctor, they will know which tests to run--likely at least the Western Blot and PCR for Lyme and tests for all co-infections.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #7
(male)

cubbiejr HB User

Thanks for the information on the doctors. I have an appointment with Dr. Eiras at the end of the month. I hope she can help me.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #8

TICKED-OFF HB User

You will need to have DNA testing to see if you are the 1/3 population with the HLDR-4 Gene. The blood tests will always come back positive since you had the vaccine.

Remember, the Lyme vaccine was not an alive vaccine which means you cannot get Lyme from it. You can however get Autoimmune disease and severe Arthritis and whatever else has not been found out yet.

Best of luck. Ticker recommeded some good doc's.

Last edited by TICKED-OFF; 08-13-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Old 08-13-2005, 03:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cubbiejr, I am glad you will be seeing Dr. Eiras. Please let us know how it goes okay?

Old 08-17-2005, 03:09 AM   #10

TICKED-OFF HB User

cubbiejr

Please let us know what your doctor says.

Old 08-17-2005, 03:37 PM   #11
(male)

cubbiejr HB User

Will post thr results when I go

Closed Thread