It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User
Nightmares, etc.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has had experiences with vivid nightmares and if it has anything to do with herxes.

I woke up drenched in sweat, though it wasn't particularly hot in the room. I'd been having some difficulty sleeping to begin with and then woke up from either the nightmare or sweating.

I'd been told that if this and certain other symptoms seem to happen at approximately three week intervals (which is exactly what it's been doing) that it is highly likely to do with the Babesiosis. I've also been feeling sort of spacey and strange lately, and usually for me that occurs around herx-time.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User
Re: Nightmares, etc.

Tinuviel ,

You can look through past threads on this. I know for sure you can find more info that way. I can tell you from my personal experience that I would have these awful nightmares. I would dream of scorpions, spiders. They were sooooo vivid. I would run out of the room and wouldn't go back to bed without DH searching the bad for them.

Then I went through a period of time and all I dreamed of was my Grandmom. She was a stroke victim that I took care of for several years. We were closer then any two ever were. I would wake up sobbing for her and feeling so totally lost without her.

As I am healing I am now dreaming of other things and rarely have a nightmare. There was periods of time that my sleep was so disrupted that I would not dream at all. This is one of the big signs that I am on the right track and healing well because now I am reaching that level of sleep that I only reached while I was having nightmares.

One thing I have found is to do Yoga before bed and totally relaxing. This has helped my sleep patterns also.

Hope your nightmares fade out for you!!
~P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 06:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

as for one that doesn't dream much, period, i've definitely had some very bad dreams, several nights in a row, vivid and too real. more sordid than nightmare but NO BUENO. with my history, they are too close to home and are nightmarish from that standpoint.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:08 AM   #4
(female)

hurt and angry HB User

It was right around the time when I really started getting sick, not knowing that I had Lyme, that I had the most heartwrenching nightmares about my youngest, Jonathon. I love to read John Saul mystery books which are normally about children. I had the same nightmare over and over for weeks!!! I would wake up sobbing so hard that I swear my heart hurt. I blamed this all on the book that I had read but now that I look back, it was probably the lyme.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. It occured to me that I seem to recall having read something once about malaria causing nightsweats and nightmares. Since Babesiosis is akin to malaria, I wonder if that is the culprit.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
(male)

dorkdad HB User

cjFTWORTH,
I was just reading this thread when my wife walked by and suggested I respond to you about her situation. There was a period of time when Melatonin gave her nightmares. She is taking 4 - 5 mg before bed now with Zhi Bai Di Huanb Wan teapills (Plum Flower Brand of chinese herb combination) and has no nightmares, but quality sleep is still an issue. Dr J found that she was severely vitamin B-6 deficient and has her taking liquid B-6 (P-5-P) in increasing dosages until she can remember dreams.

My added commentary is that I think there are some things affecting her brainwaves that are interfering with sleep. I'll let Jeanne discuss that at the right time. We visited our local LLMD naturopath this week who says she thinks that people who have had serious trauma in their life, to the point where there is scar tissue in their brain, are particularly agitated by Samento. This actually jives with Dr J telling us he rarely finds anyone who frequency matches for Samento---maybe it's because so many of his patients have been thru so much trauma. My wife and our son have a hard time with Samento but our daughter and I do not. The theory fits there as well.

DD

Old 08-14-2005, 06:07 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

yes dorkdad... i don't take any such products but do have a new herbal sleep product that is a mixture... got it mainly for husband. if i DO take it, i will make note if it affects dreams.. or heart for that matter. i read the other day that valerin root messed with another poster's heart rate... but generally i don't take sleep aids.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Michael & Jeanne,

I found it interesting about the brain trauma theory. I took the samento for 10 days and didn't really have a problem except I think (not sure) that it was either killing or just making me excrete the little buggers out of me. I kept feeling as though I had a UTI but I really don't think I did, just some kind of irritation. I stopped for a few days and it got better. I also developed a messed up stomach but think that was from the change in probiotics, my husband couldn't find the normal ones. Again not sure. It has calmed down in the last few days so I am going to gradually add the products I was taking to figure out which one is the culprit.

When you said Jeanne and your son had problems I figured it wasn't just the menopause because God didn't choose to give that to you guys.
I was just curious as to whether you meant physical or mental trauma. It seems like the only things that have ever affected my health were brought on by mental anguish. My father was killed fighting a fire when I was 15, my mother died of a stroke when I was 24. Our oldest daughter has put us through the mill. She is the one expecting and will soon see what parenthood is all about. And then when my youngest daughter's engagement broke up 2 years ago that was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. I can't seem to recover after the last mess and believe me it was a mess. Police and all. My whole attitude has changed about what I have control over but the damage had already been done.

I can't remember any real physical trauma in my life but then again the samento is not making me anxious just the feeling of UTIs. Of course I was only up to 3 drops 2x a day but I did that in less than a week. I am just intrigued as to how much thought Dr. J seems to have put into all the aspects of this disease. I think I told you my homeopathic has ordered some kind of lyme meds for me that I didn't know about. Wouldn't it be something if it was from Dr. J? I don't know that he sells outside his practice though. I'm starting to ramble so I will close and hope it was a good "sleepin" weekend.

Maureen

Closed Thread