It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 06:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User
any experience with MSM... detoxing I think...

I took on MSM pill (pharmaceutical grade) on Saturday and had the worst headache all Sunday so I didn't take a pill that day... pain all down back side of head and neck... felt like poison.

Took a pill on Monday and pain was just on edge all day but I was also very diligent in pushing water...

I read up on MSM some and sure enough, found that it has great detoxification effects... some sites advised actually upping the dose initially to push through this phase... man, I'm not sure about that.

I think I'm to take two, twice daily.... I got them from Crist along with two other neurostransmitters and decided to start them one at a time since i've been so drug sensitive... MSM is for pain and I just cut/pasted: Reduces inflammation and aids in nutrient transport acroxx the blood brain barrier.

so maybe this is why i got it with the neurotransmitters... or more likely, crist explained that he was offering msm for pain and i forget that part...

anyway, just wondering who has taken it and if they've had strong detox from it... i've read on sites that it is used for metal detoxing...

Old 09-20-2005, 07:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: any experience with MSM... detoxing I think...

cjFTWorth:

I'm sorry to hear about the headaches. They can be rough. I've feeling crappy and haven't been keeping up with the posts so I don't remember why you're taking MSM or even what it is ... sorry. Just wanted to say Hi and good luck.

Hang in there.

P.S. I'm also taking nuerotransmitters. I've been on them for a few months and I get test results back soon to see if they are making any difference at all. I'll let you know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 10:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

cj...don't mean to be silly but what is MSM?? hope you feel a little better soon...detoxing is sometimes as rough as a herx. take care.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 09-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

no silly questions...
i can't tell you without cheating so here goes...

MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane) is the bi-product of the formation of DMSO, a substance that was used for many years in topical formulas because it so easily passes through the skin. MSM is a natural occurring Sulfur component found in the body. The levels of MSM have been shown to decline as we age. MSM has had a long history as a healing agent.

MSM is used around the world for relief from arthritis, muscle pain, joint pain and inflammation. MSM is a nutritional mineral that can also help to normalize the immune system. MSM has anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties, and can block pain response in nerve fibers. MSM also can reduce scar tissue by altering the cross linking process in collagen to allow tissue repair and healing to take place.

In the first 2 weeks of taking MSM, some people may experience negative detoxification symptoms . During that period toxins are flushed from the system. Detoxification symptoms may include diarrhea, skin rash and or possible headache along with fatigue. In general, the more intense the symptoms the more toxins there are in the body and the more MSM is needed for detoxification. To reduce toxic symptoms start with a lower dose.

probably more than you wanted to know...

Old 09-20-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans12:12
cj...don't mean to be silly but what is MSM?? hope you feel a little better soon...detoxing is sometimes as rough as a herx. take care.

shanna
Dear Shanna,
I am so glad you said that. I know you are an exceptional case for herxes but at first the baths wiped me out so now they aren't so hot and enjoyable. I don't have to crawl out of the tub. I figured being able to function afterwards is as important as how hot the water is. I am taking a detox capsule and was doing 2 3x a day for the first 10 days and it is very gentle but I cut it down now to once a day because I was losing weight. Maybe the build-up is pretty much gone and I need to be getting the nutrional value from my meals not just getting it out of me with die-off. Thanks for putting into words what I felt.
Maureen

Closed Thread