It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User
Thumbs up remember Times article on IGeneX labs...here's an update!

Hi all....I recieved an update today from LYMEINFO concerning the recent attack on the IGeneX labs so called "unreliable" western blots and other lab testing. Here's the copy of the letter. I was so happy to see that IGeneX was proved right, that they like we all knew are indeed accurate and reliable! I hope some of us can write to the Times to motivate them to print a retraction or an additional article correcting the harm they did to the labs. I am going to try to write on to the Times editor today if I'm feeling up to it after going in to have my Hickman line taken out later this afternoon. Either way I am sure going to try to pass on the news to any and all who will listen...shame on the Times for attacking the only place that has been able to finally put an end to many of our lengthy searches for what has made us sooooo ill.

Go IGenex!

A Letter from IGeneX Labs CEO, Nick Harris (CA)

I am pleased to announce that IGeneX, Inc. recently passed two inspections
on September 7 and 8, 2005, for its biannual recertification from the State of
California. A federal inspector also arrived simultaneously, indicating she
was present due to the NY Times article August 23 which had made
allegations against IGeneX laboratories. The inspection was intense, with a
focus on the Western Blots which had been cited in the NY Times article.

The lab has been fully recertified, and the inspectors clearly saw the
allegations were without merit.

Despite a volume of letters to the Times after the article by patients, groups,
and doctors in support of IGeneX, nothing was printed by the Times.

IGenex thanks all the Lyme community for your support. Perhaps the Times
will relent and print another piece on this issue.

Sincerely,
Nick Harris
CEO, IGeneX Labs
Palo Alto, California
[LymeInfoNote]:
Referenced above is the August 23rd 2005 NY Times article "Unproved Lyme
Disease Tests Prompt Warnings".
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
Inactive

deejavu HB User
Re: remember Times article on IGeneX labs...here's an update!

Hi Shanna,

Thanks so much for the update! That's wonderful news as I always knew IgeneX was on the up and up.

When the Times article first came out, I contacted them and let them know how I felt about their inaccurate article. They even wrote me back.

Now I am going to contact them again as they really make me angry.

I wish Bill O'Reilly (who hates the NY Times) would do a segment on this. He loves to bash the Times, LOL!!

Denise

Old 11-16-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

Thanks so much for the wonderful update!!!

Of course we all knew that Igenex is a top-notch lab and maintains the highest standards of accuracy. I think this is our cue to start writing to the Times editors and pressure them to print another (accurate) piece on this.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Hi All

Thanks for printing that update Shanna. That is good news about Igenex.

Denise I like your idea about Bill O'Reilly. I wish someone would do a story about lyme. 2nd fastest growing disease, etc. Wonder if John Stossel of 20/20 would be interested???

Kim

Old 11-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Kim,

I have written to Bill O'Reilly before but on a different issue. I am going to mail him another letter regarding Lyme since he grew up on Long Island as well as myself.

If anyone should be interested in Lyme, it should be O'Reilly because he knows Long Island and the high rate of ticks.

Hmmmmm, going to type that letter as fast as I can!! Yeah!!

Denise

Old 11-17-2005, 07:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Denise,

I know they do listen to what you have to say at Fox. I was so angry the other day to wake up to read in the Dallas Morning News that a Dallas policeman (age 28) had been shot and killed by an illegal immigrant. I know this is a subject that is near and dear to both Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly so I tried to send them an e-mail but kept being taken to a page to be a premium member. I don't have $49.95 to join right now but they did have a box that you could send tips and it will be considered anonymous. I wrote out an account of what happened to Brian Jackson (newly married by the way-just 2 months) and told them to forward it to Bill or Sean. That very night they did a 5 minute piece on it and until they did they kept telling people to stay tuned the story was coming up. Wow! The poor cop from Dallas could only say that their hands are tied even if the criminal has a past history and immigration issues are left up to the Immigration Services. Dallas laws only allow them to do stuff about what's going on right then and there (it was a domestic disturbance) they can't do anything about immigration. The man had 2 previous run-ins with cops and they knew he was illegal and passed the info on to immigration services and they did nothing. Well all of a sudden ABC local news jumped in the next night because this is getting some airtime on Fox and of course the immigration people are pointing fingers like they didn't do anything wrong. It has riled up the police so much that they are going to maybe update procedures. I am so excited that I had a part in this although it is too late for Brian Jackson and his family.

Maureen

Old 11-17-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Maureen,

That's really great! Wow! Yes, I know it costs almost $50.00 to join Bill's website and I never joined. I have written him a "typed" letter once before and never received a response (it wasn't about Lyme).

Yes, I know illegal immigration is a hot topic with O'Reilly and Hannity. What a sad story about this young police officer getting shot. That breaks my heart.

Thanks to you, I now know about the other box that opens up, I am going to do what you did.

I really think Bill should do a segment on Lyme and the NY Times.

Will let you know what happens,
Denise

Old 11-18-2005, 03:47 AM   #8
Veteran

ciconner HB User

I just had another test that was negative, but my new LLMD is having me come in and having the test done by Igenex.

Closed Thread