It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
(female)

lymesgal HB User
Anyone know of a LLMD near Plymouth or Boston, MA?

Hello everyone!
Does anyone know of a LLMD near Plymouth or Boston, MA? I have searched and searched and I can't find anyone.
Thanks

Last edited by lymesgal; 07-04-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Old 11-20-2005, 05:50 AM   #2
Inactive

deejavu HB User
Re: Anyone know of a LLMD near Plymouth or Boston, MA?

Hi Lymesgal,

Sorry to hear that you are sick. Most people have to travel a long way to see a reputable LLMD. I have read that Dr. Chandra Swami in Hermitage, PA is an excellent LLMD. Is that really far from you?

I live in New York and there are only 3 LLMD's in the entire state of NY where the Lyme Disease Rate is one of the highest.

Feel better,
Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Thanks for the info, Denise, I appreciate it! I figured I would have to travel further than MA. PA is kind of far for me. I have the names of Dr. Horowitz and a Dr. Steven Bock. I read Dr. Bock's website and it sounds great. Have you went to either of these doctors or heard anything about them? Again, thanks!

Last edited by lymesgal; 11-20-2005 at 08:06 PM.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #4
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi again Lymesgal,

I have heard very good things about Dr. Horowitz from other members, never heard anything about Dr. Bock, maybe he is new?

No, I didn't go to any of these doctors, I went to a doctor here on Long Island who knew a little (not a LLMD) here on Long Island who put me on Doxy for almost a year but it wasn't enough as I am coinfected with Lyme and Ehrlichiosis. So I relapsed because he didn't give me a second antibiotic.

Then because of my financial situation, I couldn't afford to see a LLMD (I wanted to see Dr. Burrascano who is on Long Island), but he wasn't taking a new patients at that time and I realized I couldn't afford him anyway.

Long story short: Someone on this Site mentioned a book written by Dr. David Jernigan, his family became infected with Lyme and he cured them so I bought his book and started following his protocols and thanks to my lucky stars, it is working and I feel so much better!!

So I am considered the "Alternative" Patient.

Hope you get an appointment soon,
Denise

Old 11-22-2005, 02:25 PM   #5
(female)

mesmall HB User

Hi Lymesgal,
Although I'm very new here(I just posted yesterday my story),I'm going to see Dr. Samuel Donta.I will see him Dec,2.I booked with him in July! I pray that he is indeed a LLMD as I've been told by some.He is in Falmouth and Boston.I will let you know as soon as I see him if he is a LLMD and will give you a full report.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hello, Mesmall! Thanks for the info., and I hope that he can help you! Good Luck! I would love to hear how your appt. goes and if it goes well I will probably book an appt., too! I've not heard of anyone else around here, so lets cross our fingers! I have an appt. on Dec. 20th with a Dr. Alonso in Fall River, she supposedly treats for lymes disease but is an Infectuous Disease doctor. You never know til you go see them, I've not had good luck so far. Let me know how everything goes, I wish you well!

Old 04-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #7
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hi Mesmall! Just wondering how you were doing since you've seen Dr. Donta? I hope you are doing better. Thank you so much for giving me Dr. Donta's name, I finally got into see him about two weeks ago. I've been waiting since November, he's very busy. He told me I had chronic lymes disease and had not been treated with enough antibiotics. He put me on Biaxin and hydroxychlor--did he put you on the same thing? I was so so relieved to hear a doctor finally say he was going to help me with my Lymes--instead of acting like I was crazy or something! Thanks again, Mesmall, and best of luck to you.
Lymesgal

Old 04-03-2006, 03:55 AM   #8
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejavu

I live in New York and there are only 3 LLMD's in the entire state of NY where the Lyme Disease Rate is one of the highest. Denise
Hi Denise,

I asked the American Lyme Disease Foundation for a referral for an LLMD in New York city. They sent me 9 names! Are you familar with their service and how reliable they are?

Prema

Old 04-03-2006, 05:01 AM   #9
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Morning Prema,

I'm not awake yet

Anyway, yes, I am familiar with that association as I found them when I was searching for doctors and they mailed me a large envelope full of information and one of the pages had a list of doctors.

So I made an app't with one of the them (Dr. Cunha Burke) who claimed to be a Lyme Doctor and it was one of the worse experiences I ever had.

Dr. Burke told me that anyone with Lyme and it's coinfections are cured after 2 weeks of Doxy! Duh!

This was after I had relapsed from 8 months of taking Doxy. He said to me that I was cured and I could hardly walk at that time.

With my brain-fogged mind, I started asking him questions about Lyme that I had already researched. He didn't know anything! So being me, I gave him and his partner an education about lyme disease and I was never even billed!

I can't say this for sure, but I think that association works with the CDC which you know is soooooo outdated.

Just because this doctor didn't know squat about Lyme, doesn't mean the other doctors are not lyme literate.

Let me know what happens.

Are you feeling okay? How is your treatment going?

Denise

Old 04-03-2006, 06:07 AM   #10
(female)

mesmall HB User

Hi Lymesgal,
I'm so glad to hear that you got in with Dr. Donta.It took me 4 months to get an appointment to see him too! I put myself on doxycycline through the vet until I could see him!Funny,they treat a dog for months,but my Dr. wouldn't give me antibiotics for more than 3 weeks! Now,my sons dermetologist just put him on doxy twice a day for the rest of his teen years for acne!!GO FIGURE!
Dr. Donta also put me on the Biaxin/hydroxychloroquine combo as you.He explained to me that in order to kill the lyme,you need to bust open the cell wall with the hydroxychl;oroquine,then the Biaxin kills it.He also told me to get off all supplements.The lyme likes an acidic environment and I was feeding it lots of vitamin C which is NOT good.I know alot of people on this board take lots of it,but I stopped.He also told me that the only compound lyme can't make is B complex,and I was feeding it that too!!Many people take B complex because their deficient,but thats because the buggs are stealing it.When I started taking the combo meds,I had pain under my rib cage towards the middle.It felt like a kidney stone.Alot of my aches and pains came back too.I got discouraged when the nerve under my right eye started throbbing again constantly.After 3 months,it stopped,so I gotta beleive I'm making progress.I'm going to see him Saturday for my 4 month evaluation.I'll tell you what he says. Let me know how your progress is.Don't be afraid if all kinds of weird symptoms start happening.It happened to me and I had many moments of doubt,but I really think I'm getting better!!! We're so lucky to have found this Dr. I wanted to cry when he told me I have Lyme and I will get better!! After chasing symptoms for 2 years and being diagnose with fibro and other uncurable diseases!!! Keep in touch!!

Old 04-03-2006, 06:13 AM   #11
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Denise,

Dr. Burke wasn't on the list. The one name I wondered about is Dr.Thomas Argyros. His title is Director Lyme Disease Center in NYC. Ever heard of him? I fear that the bunch of them probably only do antibiotics.

I am still on my alternative treatment. Haven't noticed anything yet but I'm sure it takes more than just a few weeks, especially since I've had this for 13 years! I was inspired by you saying you could now exercise without any problem. I used to be very athletic and have very much missed not being able to exercise.

Are you in NYC? If so, enjoy this beeeeutiful day!

Prema

Old 04-03-2006, 07:01 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Prema:

I tried to use the names given to me by the LDF. It was a waste of time. None of them were lyme literate. They had probably attended a seminar or something and that is how their names ended up on the list. This was my experience in my area. Maybe it is different in NYC.

Frango

Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 AM   #13
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by frango
Hi Prema:

I tried to use the names given to me by the LDF. It was a waste of time. None of them were lyme literate. They had probably attended a seminar or something and that is how their names ended up on the list. This was my experience in my area. Maybe it is different in NYC.

Frango
Thanks Frango,

That was my take as well, which is why I haven't called any of them, but just thought I'd check it out here.

Prema

Old 04-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #14
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Prema,

No, I never heard of Dr. Argyros, but that doesn't mean anything. No, I don't live in the city. I am out on eastern Long Island near the water. I am simply a nature girl!

Yes, it does take longer than a couple of weeks to start feeling a difference. I think I felt a difference from Dr. Jernigan's Borrelogen within 1 month. It's very powerful stuff!

I love exercising! If I don't do my routine to a tape, then I clean like crazy and get lots of exercise that way. I prefer the tapes but my house needs to be cleaned too and I have an upstairs, downstairs, so lots of climbing up and down.

I was so happy when I was able to add the weights to my routine and it didn't bother me. I always take a detox bath after my exercise and I feel like I am in heaven!

You will get there, it took me 10 years to get where I am, so just keep thinking positive thoughts!!

Denise

Old 04-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Hi Prema

I know there is a LLMD in Basking Ridge, NJ if that is close to you. The LLMD I see is in Jackson, NJ which is much further south.

Hope you had a good weekend

Kim

Closed Thread