It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
coconut oil for increasing temp

I have been using coconut oil, one tablespoon twice a day, to bring my body temp up and it is very helpful. As an added bonus, my skin is softer too. If your body temp is low and you want to try to bring it up, I can tell you coconut oil has worked well for me. There is a lot of information about the benefits of coconut oil if you want to look it up, it is very good for hypothyroid and also excellent for weight loss. Although I am very thin and I take it with no weight loss effects, I see that people who are trying to lose weight are getting good results with the coconut oil. I am just thrilled that it brings my temp up.

Last edited by sleeperwoken; 12-25-2005 at 05:58 PM.

Old 12-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User
Re: coconut oil for increasing temp

Hi Sleeperwoken,
Could you explain a little more how you measure the increase in your body temperature? For myself, I take the core body temperature at rest in the morning then again at rest at night. It is the increase that I measure as per guidance in Dr. Jernigan's book. I then log this over a period of time. Also any particular special type of coconut oil? Thanks.

Wackowoman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I take my temp in the morning before I get up. I have been doing that for about two years now. I also take my temp throughout the day and chart it. It gets very wacky in the middle of the day, but I think that the first morning temp is the most significant since it's not influenced by food or activity or anything. Since taking the coconut oil, my temperature readings have gone up. This morning, my core temp reading was 98.6. I was thrilled!

I buy the cocunut oil in the health food store, I think it says "extra virgin, natural, organic coconut oil." I think if you buy it in a reputable store, you will get a good quality. It is a bit deceiving because it looks like lard, it's not in liquid form. It looks like it would clog your arteries, but it breaks down at 76 degrees, so it doesn't stay that way. I put it in my hot rice cereal in the morning, cook with it, and even just eat it off the spoon.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

WOW, I have been working for months to get my body temp. up. I only reach 98 after a hot bath or the sauna. How did you happen to start taking this? a nutritionist put me on grapeseed oil (just recently) and I wonder if it might have the same effect.

I am very interested in this... thanks for your response.

Jeanne

Closed Thread