It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User
Happy Thread :-) but long please try to read me..

HEEEELLLLLOOOO every body

would like to share my happy time as you all so good to share my sad.

I have as you know been in a terrible placxe recently, The mental wall between me and life was unmovable and i slept all day, and ventured to achieve nothing.

Of course i blamed this on my Lyme.

When i stared the thread "very depressed"!
I was actually close to the big S!!!!

I stood back form my situation and relaised my hysteria was unbearable at night, the dissasociation of every thing i knew around me ment i lost my child and my llife each night. Every thing I loved was not real. The panic for where they were or did they exist was nothing but torment.

I thought Lyme was killing me off, mentally.

Then i thought, its always after I take my Depakote so i stopped. for 1 night and i was like the cat that got the cream, my body went into pure relaxation an dpleasure mode and i slept like a baby. With the comfort of knowing i was real.

I am as allergic to the depakote as i am to Lithium, Martazapine and any other drug i have tried.

My phyciatrist is in shock and i think again its ignoranc to assume there cant be a human with adverse systems to tabs.

I think what i am trying to pass on is , i am so worried for you all now.
I know Lyme is debilitating , painfull and mind altering, but how many may be getting it from the anti depressants and blaming the Lyme.

I advised my phyciatrist that i had ate a cough sweet that gave me the same physical symptoms as these anti'Ds.
She replied
" thats your obsession with your physical side as there is nothing in cough sweets that is in Depakote"

Well as i always say, " i know my body and i know im right and to me that was a challenge"

I studied and researched for hours and i have found that titanium oxide is in.
Anti'Ds, cough sweet, and to my suprise the one thing im realy allergic to is " allergy tablets"

Titanium Oxide is (E171) and is a seperater found in tabs, sauces, sweets and so many products.

What nailed this research for me is, out of all the E numbers this one has residue left in the Lymph System.

there for is it possible that with my Lymph system already backllogged (E171) is to me, like pooring petrol on a fire.

I couldnt wait to come on and get your guys thoughts on this.
If any one out there is up on teh E numbers please share your knowledge.

AND the happy thread ends with.

I have been off Depakote for 2 days and to day I have been helping the builder!!! ( bit stiff now, but such fun )
I have washed up , whisteled running up and down stairs with out even thinking about it..

I have back a bit of me, have tears while writting this, as i know you will all relate so!! much.

I do need depression support so i am down to a childs tablet called Epilium.
Hoping i can process it ok. still has teh E171 but im rekoning at a lower dose.

My body is just saying IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Love to you all and if you have read this thread you are an angel.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
to you all..

Last edited by battling on; 01-06-2006 at 09:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Happy Thread :-) but long please try to read me..

Jules
So glad you shared. I cry with you but now I share your joy in knowing. Power is in knowing so you can handle the problem.

I don't take anti depressants or any other pain med as I ,too, am allergic. Drs don't always know and alot of the time don't even listen. We know our bodies and we know when things are not right. Sometimes we just have to do their homework ourselves.. Just wish they would listen......

God bless you. I do believe we all have an angel watching over us. We may not see them, but are there when we need them. I also believe that all us lymies have our angels working overtime. Prayer... ......Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 01-06-2006 at 09:19 AM.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Jules,

Im very happy that you are feeling a bit better--what a relief that must be for you. Isnt it scary how certain medicines can effect us like that? Doctors always say otherwise--but like you said--we know our bodies, not the doctors.
Have a great day!

Sherrie

Old 01-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Jules,

I am so glad you have overcome this hurdle. I am presuming that your cough sweet is a cough drop? You might want to check and see if anything your are taking has aspartame in it too. Anything that might be sugar free or diet. This can cause MS type symptoms and should not be on the market. Isn't it funny how little a lot of the doctors we trust with our lives know? I met a doctor in an emergency room one time who told me he never says "never". He said there isn't a substance out there that somebody won't have a reaction to. I wish he was practicing in my area as a GP.

Maureen

Old 01-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
(female)

TeeDee HB User
Thumbs up Re: Happy Thread :-) but long please try to read me..

Hooray, Jules!

What a wonderful way to start the day, reading a positive post like yours! You've added a smile to my day and I thank you.

Blessings to all of you, my friends. Today I'm going to clean out my freezer and try to achieve something every day from now on that I've put off. I love the idea of beginning the day with a positive post and I hope this thread goes on and on.

Prayers and smiles to all,

Tronni

Last edited by TeeDee; 01-06-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

Jules,

Yipee!!! What a relief!!!!! I am so glad for you!!!

I too am one of those who reacts to so many drugs. It is why I choose to not use abx and go the natural route.

What did you help the builders with? So glad you are feeling better, not so down.

We do have to learn to trust ourselves. Who else lives so intimately with us?

So, when your blood work comes back are you going to put a sign on your phyciatrist car too? (tee hee)

Jeanne

Old 01-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Jules

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I am so proud of you to do that research and come up with the info on your own. Even your Dr did not realize the connection. I bet she was telling her associates about this. You must feel great not only physically but mentally too. Proves these old lyme brains are still working!! You go girl!

Have a great day!

Kim

Old 01-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Dear Jules,

I am so happy for you! I found out that I am also allergic to most medications when I was in a hospital to try to stop drinking. It was the first hospital I was ever in and at that time (24 years ago), they didn't have the type of rehabs that they have now.

It was a lock in hospital and the psychiatrists tried giving me every type of pill they could think of. Well, I was allergic to every one of them and the doctors could not understand it. They started telling me it was all in my mind that I was allergic. But it was not.

These pills (I forget their names) made me paranoid, feeling weird, like I was not there, spaced out, and all sorts of strange feelings.

After I left that hospital I felt like the old me again except for going back to drinking. Yes, I was in a total of 8 or 9 places before I decided to get sober.

To this day I refuse to take any medication except for Paxil for my panic disorder (not lyme related since I had it since I was 5 years old). But even to take that took a lot of convincing by several doctors because I was so scared. Of course I took the Doxyclycline as that didn't affect my mind.

Anyway, I don't trust most doctors and I think you should put a sign on your doctor's car too!

Hugs to you,
Denise

Old 01-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi All
I am actually pleased! to say i am building up to one of my toxic attacks, im putting of sleeping the 2 hours as i know the discusting way i feel when i wake, but all part of the course of getting that junk out.

So many replies, i dont know where to start :-)

the E171 i have read packets and it is in nearly every tablet in my med box, the difference is when i take ibrufen its not for a month, but could well cause my toxic attacks.
It could also be only when mixed with a different substances in a tablet that is only in these certain tabs that i am given.

Although its used in toothpaste and the last place i would have thought my bad days may start is with my toothpaste but hey as you say " never say never"

The thing that got me annoyed was the dismissal and belittling comment of my phyciatrist who said "there is nothing the same in the 2 products" i was unsure to trust pdocs before now i dont even want to acknowledge them.

Aspartame I clocked that one about 3 weeks ago and try hard to keep it out of my diet but a menu of takeaway cooked, smelling and lovely and delivered hot to my door, its a sin but one that makes life so easy

building wise i knocked out a drainage sheet above adoor with bolster and mallet ( loved it) i have a concrete house so loads of fun.
its been discovered that a leak inside the cavity has made my house subside but no one knows where its from and the sleepless nights have been alot.. where as if well i would of sorted it ages ago.
So today I did a like laura Croft on an expedition for gold.

Praying I wake up as enthusiastic tomorrow, and not siezed
As just booked to go seaside with mum to play slot machines while the going is good.

Im now blowing the gold dust from my expedition across the world to land on you all, and give you some lovin.

jules xxx

Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Jules, This is amazing. You are so wise to have trusted your instincts. I will be on a bus trip tomorrow but when I return, I will research the substance you are referring to, curiosity has me! Just wild that it is in the different meds and a cough drop, go figure...

I saw ME when you described yoursefl researching the internet for the cough drop connection... we CAN obsess a bit, huh, but it's not always a bad thing.

Just so relieved for you, I can imagine your joy! hugs to you! cj

Closed Thread