It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Pins and needles numb hand and numb feet

As some of you know from my other postings, I have problems with pins and needles numbness started out face and arm years ago. For the last few months been having periods where hands and feet go semi numb.

I went to the hairdresser yesterday first time since I had 2nd picc over 8 wks ago. Drove myself several miles up the road. On the way home, both hands went semi numb (not quite all the way numb) while I was driving. Today, thought I would eat breakfast with my sister first time in over 8 wks. Drove myself about 3 miles. Feet get this same feeling, in resturant hands do it and feet have stopped, several minutes later hands and feet both ok.

Decided when I left I needed to come home wasn't sure if I should try to make it to Wal Mart. Half way home, hand go numb again.

I was on flagyl 4 day pulse which ended Wed. I am really having to concentrate while I do this, lot of brain fog.

Is this common? Is this part of herx? I have found if I use my hands or feet for 5-10 min this happens. (face is numb too) I'm on my drug holiday off IV meds since Tues. I am going to detox in bath after I finsh this. Any thoughs?

Prayers to all, as I know we all have our problems. ...........Marsha

Old 01-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User
Re: Pins and needles numb hand and numb feet

I only have a little thought :")

Pins and needles can be from a severe B6 deficiency. I know in one of my blood test this showed up and that is very unusual. Dr. J started me on B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) and it helps with my pins and needles.

Don't know if that is your problem, but its all I know.

I'm glad you were able to go out, so sorry that you had to worry about this.

Jeanne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

HI PS

I have noticed that if i use a limb, i will have cramps that evening and it can be severe.

My hand pins and kneedles often come if i have used elbow alot.

feet come if i use ankles alot.

I get leg pins as soon as i kneel down or sit awkward.

And arm limbs if i rest an arm awkward over a surface i get it.

so it seems pressure and usage is a big impact.

I have even had cramps getting cash out my purse, followed by pins..
also Stiring cooking ( what cooking hehe)

im not on meds and so its possible pins and kneedles may be part of lyme, so not caused by anything in particular, just those little slymie lymies being a pain as usuall.

Worried you had a problem coming home though, i know when im tierd i have big fog.
I saw a man in an over coat and a flat cap on a bicycle in the middlle lane of the motor way last month.
Its just not logical and the worse thing is i may of swerved if it was a flash view.
Foggy foggy, pea soup i call it.

Much love Julesxxx

Last edited by battling on; 01-06-2006 at 02:24 PM.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Just back from taking my Aunt to her X's Family Viewing. They were divorced but they still loved each other. They were oil and water, they were usually at each other. But after the divorce they became better friends and neither remarried. They were committed in the hearts. That was a major stressor. Feet went pins and needles a few times, had to sit down.

Jeanne, I checked Folgard (B12,B6,FolicAcid) I had not taken in last several weeks. Thought I was probably getting enough with all my other supplements. Pulled folgard on net and read that it can cause pins and needles. So I guess I won't take anymore of that. I go back Mon and will ask them what to try.

Jules, I have noticed that after use, whatever area I was using is the one to go pins and needles. But sometimes it happens when theres been no use. So Who Knows. The inside of my head frequently feels like someone has a can of aresol spray expanding foam with the straw stuck in my ear going into my head. I guess inside all that is the Pea Fog Soup. I have got to get to the store to get some peppermint tea. I will let you know when I get it.

Angels watching over you both, Marsha

Old 01-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Marsha,

I can mark the day that these symptoms hit as my husband was in the hospital with hip replacement. It was 3 years ago last month. I had symtoms three years with no meds and symptoms have lessened with meds but are still problematic.

Lyme loves the nervous system. Hope yours lessens with time... cj

Closed Thread