It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
Inactive

deejavu HB User
Prayers needed for House

Hi all,

I know this is a strange thread, but I am asking for prayers because the last step in my remortgaging (refinancing) is finally here.

Now it's in the hands of my sister-in-law's (brothers) attorney because of the Deed Transfer (to get my baby brother's name off the Deed). This attorney has all the paperwork and if he says "okay, yes, my brother can sign the papers", then I am done!

I am sitting on the edge of my chair waiting to hear from this attorney. He only got the papers yesterday and he called my Mom (wished he would have called me instead), and said he has to investigate. I don't know exactly what he has to investigate, guess he wants to make sure that my brother is not responsible for the mortgage payments.

Anyway, if this doesn't go through, it will break my heart and I am so scared that then I may have to sell my house.

I just don't understand why this has to be complicated, my brother's name comes off the Deed of my house, and I take over and refinance in my name only.

Anyway, I am trying to stay optimistic and in a good mood. Can't believe this is the final step and if this goes well, I am done!

Please pray that this will turn out okay.

Denise

Old 01-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Prayers needed for House

I prayed and will continue to pray that you will get this loan in your name. Prayers are going up from all us lymies. Heres a [hug] for my friend. Prayers..Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

Does anything that has to do with lawyers ever be quick and easy? You and I may not think it needs to be complicated, but complicated are lawyers middle name! And of course to be fair, they have so much paperwork that they need to document everythig with....

It is so hard to be positive in the middle of crisis - how well we know that one. You have been on my heart this last week (actually had a dream about you) as I've been waiting to hear about your house. Didn't want to bug you and figured you would let us know when you knew.

Praying for good news and perfect timing. It's that darn hurry up and wait thing again...

Jeanne

Old 01-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi DJ
I must of not been here when you started this with your house.
so not sure about the basics.

Some times solicitors have to do history searchs.
Your brother may have borrowed a second loan with out notice to you.
Or bonds.

all sorts of things are so easy to do now adays.

My friend split with common law husband.
when she went to teh bank she found £48000 extra owing on her mortagage.
it destroyed her for a long time.

So i wouldnt think its anything that you should be worried for.
I will be sending you strength for the days ahead.
Keep us updated
Jules xxxx((( hugs))))

Old 01-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Denise,

I know everything will be okay. You have worked too hard for it not to be. Besides, like Marsha said everybody on here has been praying for you. I know you and your brother and sister in law have a better relationship now so the old garbage won't come into play. Your new "life" will be reborn with the coming of spring. I can feel it. Health and happiness. Just think of all of us planting a flower in your yard. Mine will be daffodils.

Maureen

Old 01-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Oh Denise - good luck with this. I'll send up a few prayers for you.

Try not to obsess or worry or play "What if ..." (easier for me to say than for you to do!) I'm sure it will work out and you'll be just fine.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:40 AM   #7
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Yes, I am "not" playing the game "what if" for that does no good.

I didn't expect my sister-in-law's attorney to get involved, I thought this would be more simple as it's only a Deed Transfer to get my brother's name off the deed of my house so I can refinance in my name only.

But that is my sister-in-law, won't let my brother sign any papers until her good friend (the attorney) checks it all out. I already checked everything out with the Better Business Bureau, I did all the homework before I went ahead with this.

I don't want to sound paranoid but I still don't trust my sister-in-law, don't ask me why, but I don't. I should have more faith, right?

Jules, I'll try to explain to you my situation:

I have a nice house on Long Island in New York (Long Island is a beautiful place surrounded by beaches and trees, not like New York City).

I love my house, I bought it 10 years ago at a great price and it went way up in value. Anyway, my house came with a Cottage behind my house that I used to rent out (that's how I survived financially) and I didn't have to worry about money.

Well, over 1 year ago I got a Bad Tenant who caused me lots of grief. He threatened me with a knife and I had to keep going to the courts. The police were over my house and it was a nightmare!

This bad person reported my Cottage as an Illegal Apartment (yes it is) because my town has all these rules about renting out apartments. So I need to refinance my house (get money) to make my Cottage Legal. Then I can rent it out again and I won't have to worry about money and paying my bills.

I have worked very hard to do this, and it's at the last stage now where my baby brother has to sign some papers that say he is off the Deed of my house (he helped me buy my house because my credit wasn't good enough 10 years ago). He didn't give me any money, just signed his name. Well now I need his name off of that paper.

Once he signs this paper, then I can get the money to make my Cottage into a legal apartment. If his wife's attorney tells my brother "not" to sign, then I am in trouble. It's not my brother I am worried about, it's his wife. She is a strange kind of person.

Anyway, time will tell, hopefully very soon and I pray that I will have "good news!"

Instead of worrying, I am raking more leaves, ironing clothes, doing more cleaning, instead of laying in bed where my mind can wander.

Here's to positive thinking!
Denise

Old 01-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

I am praying for you. Don't let the word "investigate" scare you...just think the lawyer was saying "do my homework" -

I am will be thinking of you and sending prayers...

Try not to worry...

NCgirl88

Old 01-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

Waiting with you on pins and needles :")

Being positive doesn't mean not trusting yourself about your sister-in-law.

Jeanne

Old 01-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #10
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi all,

Well, I left another message for this attorney (he's my sister-in-law's attorney, not mine).

Anyway, I still have not heard back from him and just had a long talk with my Mom. My Mom said that I should contact another attorney because this is so simple to do a Deed Transfer and this guy is doing nothing but holding me back.

My Mom told me that my sister-in-law still really has NOT forgiven me for the things I said to her and that my sister-in-law never liked me from the very beginning. I have tried to be friends with her but she would make remarks to me even before my brother married her.

I have a gut feeling that my sister-in-law is causing the problems now which I anticipated from the beginning. My Mom remembers me saying that but didn't want to believe it.

Well, my gut instincts are turning out to be correct. If my sister-in-law could do anything to make me miserable, this is her perfect opportunity and my gut feeling tells me she is doing just that. Well, if that is the case, and I said "if", she will not win.

I will call my attorney and ask him to recommend another attorney about this so I can go to closing.

I find it very sad that my brother is so blind to his wife but love is blind, right? At least I'm not.

Sorry for rambling, but I feel a bit angry and just wish this was over already.

Maureen,

Before the winter came, I did plant 50 Daffodil Bulbs, I will let you know when they bloom

Detective Denise here

Old 01-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

hello Detective Denise.
Well cant soem people just be rotten cows "hey".
Listen dont you worry it will all work out fine.

Money has a terrible way of bringing out teh menie in people.
But push to shove im sure your brother will sort it out.

Does your brother live far.

why are you and your brother not sat in a lawyers office doing this.
Get the middle moo out the way.

There is no finances connected.
its twaddle.

I know in UK you can only gift a certain amount of money or property.

IF two names go to one someone has to check back and make sure your not being gifted anything.

i mean it would be such a terrible thing if the tax amn where to miss out (NOT)

But as you said its probably the UDDER person being involved.

May i ask ?
so you have to pay your local government a fee to license a buisness to rent property or a fee to change papers of the appartment and make fire exits all legal etc?

is it exspensive?

Sherlock over and out.
X

Old 01-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Jules,

I have to say that I have come to depend on you for my laugh of the day. Moo & Udder person. Too funny. By the way Ronnie gave you an A+ on your poem.

Maureen

Old 01-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #13
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi all,

I wish I could smile or laugh right now but I can not. Jules, I know I will appreciate your words later on when I calm myself down.

Today I have talked to 2 different lawyers, both of them said the same thing. They don't understand why my younger brother won't sign the Deed Transfer. One of the lawyers asked me if my brother wanted money, I said no.

My brother never put a penny into my house. He just cosigned 10 years ago because I needed a cosigner and my brother and I was always best of friends.

Well, my brother is NOT signing the Deed Transfer at the moment because he wants his wife's attorney to check everything out.

I asked these other 2 attorneys about Deed Transfers and they told me it was the most simple thing to do. It is a simple piece of paper in which my brother has no more rights to my house. My brother said he wanted to get off the Deed, but yet he is taking his time about all of this.

Bottom Line: The Mortgage Company is now going to cancel me within 24 hours because this has gone on too long and they can only keep a file active for so long (it's been about 2 months now).

This was the last step before closing and my brother is messing it up.

Deep in my heart I know it's not my brother, but his Wife. My wonderful dear sister-in-law who has been jealous of me since the day we met. My friends told me that my sister-in-law has been jealous of my relationship with my brother. I do not understand this. My brother married her, I am his sister, what is there to be jealous of?

Jules, no, in the U.S. there are no government fee's, taxes, etc. My house is privately owned by me (except my brother is on the paperwork). I have paid my mortgage on time for 10 years, not 1 late payment.

I had given up buying food, medications, heating oil, to make my payments on time. No one has helped me with my mortgage payments for these 10 years.

I can not believe what is going on. I am waiting for another Attorney that I am friends with to see if something else can be done.

I can't stop crying... I have worked so hard for this and all because my brother is not signing (he said he will but not under pressure), the mortgage company will cancel on me.

My Mom is trying to talk to my brother again (she spoke with him once today and he got defensive and said to my Mom "Now you are pressuring me?"

I feel so helpless right now...... I can't force my brother to do anything.

I hope an Angel is looking over me right now and praying for me that somehow my Mom will be able to get through to my brother and make him realize that I have 24 hours before they cancel on me.....

Teary-eyed Denise

Old 01-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Oh denise
I want to come over and cuddle you , your poor soul.
It has become quiet drastic, something you could realy be doing with out.

Im so cross, that soemthing like this has happened, have you asked a lawyer if you can force him to release his signature.

if he was a co signee, it was for you to be stable to make payments now you dont need him its finished.

If he had stopped contact and disapeared to another country then what happens. What would they do then.?

I know this is not much help for 24 hour dead line.

Im sending you so much comfort now your all wrapped up in cotton wool. so you cry away hun.

The only thing i can say for your brother is theres nothing better than a mother made to sit on scales... to make you wish you never did it in the first place

loads of love and thoughts
Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 01-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #15
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Jules,

How sweet and compassionate you are! I am done with my crying at the moment and I have been praying.......

Silly me even prayed with my doggie, I asked my dog if dogs do pray, am I a dope or what? My dog didn't answer me except to give me a kiss.

I left 2 messages on my brother's voice mail, the 2nd message I was crying and asking him why he is not signing this simple paper as this is the very last step, I went on to say that I need to do this to pay my other bills, my medications, etc., etc., etc.

Well, my Mum called him and his first words were "Mum, you are ruining my life!" "Denise is ruining my life!"....... Hello????? How are we ruining his life? By asking him to sign a piece of paper? I don't get it.

Then he told my Mum that his attorney is coming over to his Million Dollar Condo (apartment) tonight and he is "finally" signing the paper.

I don't believe it until I see it. I do not want to get my hopes up high until I really know he is signing the paper.

Tomorrow I will know.

Maybe the Angel that I prayed to answered my prayers.......

Well, I need a hot cup of Tea and have to eat something as I have not eaten in a couple of days. This is not good for my Lyme......

Okay, pulling myself back together again like Humpty Dumpy and all the good men (what happen to the women?)

Hope I have good news tomorrow...... Hope I can sleep tonight.....

Signing off for now,
Denise

Closed Thread