It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User
Wondering, does anyone know what causes muscle twitches?

Just wondering what is the root cause for the muscle twitches? They can be often and all over the body.

Is this a nero problem or is it something to do with the Lyme living in the muscles?

Thanks for any feedback. Have a great day all.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Wondering, does anyone know what causes muscle twitches?

Ekim
This question came up yesterday while at Jemsek. I was having pins and needles feet and hands and the fingers on the lt hand were twitching. She said that it was neuro lyme. She also said that ever patient she saw last week had that problem . Everyone of them. She said that if you put you hand in med hot water it will shake when you take it out . and my did. Strange. She thinks she can get 50 to 75% control back. That will be fine with me. Sometime my twitching can be leg, arm eyelid, toes, & fingers

She did day the next month would be very difficult as we start hitting lyme, babesia, bartonella, & Mycoplasma. I continue my drug holiday this week while they check out my liver functions. and pump fluid in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2006, 04:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

I believe in time you can have more healing then this. If I look back to about 3-years ago, I had muscle twitches so bad it was more like muscle jerks.

My leg near my gron would have them so strong it would turn the chair I was sitting in.

I would say I am about 95% free and each few months they seem to go away a bit more.

Slow long healing times are needed for Lyme I am understanding as I go through the treatments.

I also go to Jemsek...

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

i dont know but if you look at yours does it stop?

Old 01-12-2006, 05:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

No. I even call people over to see my twitches. I feel like people don't believe that I am sick. I look for anything to show my family at times; see look at that!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

No, mine do not stop either. Prayers....Marsha

Old 01-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

I didn't start getting them until I started antibiotics. I am hoping they are a good sign, but I don't know.

Frango

Old 01-12-2006, 08:49 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

trying to show someone! Elk i so agree the fustration with this is awfull.
I spend 20 hours a day on my own so its so hard to sort, just realised im going to tape the buggers.

I managed to get family to see my thumb dancing a jig on christmas day as we were all together.

A few days a go i looked at my arm before it stopped! and surprised at the power of it, my whole bicep was wobbling around and im not a light person.

I feel my eyebrow twitch when im talking to peopel but even i cant see it in the mirror.

its as if it knows?
talk about alien resurection..
jules x

Old 01-12-2006, 11:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Hi everybody,

I have to say that the majority of my twitching happens at night. It can be one leg or the other but never both at the same time. It's like the lyme doesn't want me to sleep because then I would gain energy to fight it. It doesn't twitch continuously like restless leg but I get like a shock every 30 - 60 seconds and it makes me move my leg a little, not really jerking but just have to move it. I have just about come to the conclusion it happens at night because I am nice and warm under the covers and it is reacting like when you take a hot bath. I started to keep track of this a couple of weeks ago when we were watching TV and my hands were freezing so I wrapped them in a heating pad I had on the couch and my thumb started to twitch and this never happened before. At night when it gets bad I come upstairs to sleep so I don't wake Ronnie and climbing the stairs or cooling down stops it. If I can fall asleep before I get warm again then I don't notice it otherwise it can go on for hours. I have been taking extra magnesium for this and it does seem to help and I now take one at bedtime too and if the twitching starts it doen't last long. I wonder if the lyme depletes your normal magnesium? Hope this helps.

Maureen

Last edited by Betterdaysforme; 01-12-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

The Eyebrow twitch..

Does anyone know if this is a common sign in any other diseases.
i know ts flagged as Lyme, that was one of my main contributers to teh decision.

any ideas?

jules

Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
(female)

RedeemedChild HB User

Eyebrows twitching (among other muscles)
insomnia....OML I musta had this for years.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:02 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

I have an est 18 symptons that I monitor on a work sheet, but the eyebrow inparticular meaned more in someway when i was searching.

I had an eye brow twitch for days, i havent linked it to anything else, i read on the net that it is a promenent sign for Lyme.??

Jules x

Old 01-13-2006, 02:15 AM   #13
Inactive

deejavu HB User

This is strange because I have had no twitches during my 10 years of Lyme. Guess I am lucky. Instead of twiches I have the non-productive cough which annoys others. Once in a blue moon this cough makes my dentures come out, LOL!

I wonder if the twitching is caused by one of the coinfections? I am coinfected with Ehrlichiosis.

Does Babesiosis cause twitches? Just curious.

Denise

Old 01-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Twitches are a symptom of nerve involvement in lyme. Sometime when you are having pins and needles in your hand put your hand in hot water. When you take it out it will start twitching. The LLMD told me this. It did..... I am like you, I have had eye lid twitches, leg twitches, finger, and all over jerking or shakes.

The cough (I would always get after I ate) and it just didn't want to quit. A little clear your throat kind of cough that went on and on. I had to keep my cup close and sip trying to stop it. It stopped about 6 months ago when I had a serious bout with I think Babesia. High fever for days, shakes, sweats, flu, cough that lasted for wk and left my vocal chords damaged.

Just read that deficency in magnesium can cause twitches. I have been taking that for over a month.

Prayers. Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 01-13-2006 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added note on magnesium

Closed Thread