It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
(female)

RedeemedChild HB User
Low body temp

So, is there a connection w/Lyme and low body temp?
I have always had that as does one of my two daughters.
My normal is 96.8

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User
Re: Low body temp

Hi redemmed child:

I like your font and the nice blue color! Low body temp is associated with Lyme. I don't know if it is in Burrascano's list of symtpoms but I also have this problem and have seen it listed as a symptom on many other lyme websites.

Someone else was asking about low body temp on the general health questions board of this website and one of the responders said that low body temp is below 94 and that it means nothing. I do not think this person was a health care professional and probably should not be making black and white statements like that.

All I know is that I have been monitoring my temp for years now for help when I was trying to get pregnant with my kids and for help more recently with irregular periods and my temp did not start showing up as this low (95.6 on some occasions for me) until I started to feel unwell in August. As an aside, many times when my temp is at its lowest I feel warm to the touch.

Frango

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Its the lyme, it loves our bodies a little colder that it should be. Below normal body temp goes with lyme. I'm pretty sure in my lyme riddled brain that the LLMD told me this.
Prayers.......Marsha

Old 01-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

I have the low temp also. Always ice cold hands and feet. Just started taking temp morn & eve. Seems to run 96.3 - 97.7 so far. Dr J's book says optimal temp is 98.6 which is uncomfortable for the bacteria. I was thinking of looking into a sauna but don't know where I'd put it. If I can get alittle better and can get back into my old gym, they have a sauna. It's new so I'm assuming it's the infared type.

That's my goal right now...Just get better enough to be able to walk into the gym, deal with the locker room (can't handle alot of people moving around. Makes my bad balance even worse) and use the sauna. Baby steps.......

Need a cup of tea to warm up

Kim

Old 01-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi RedeemedChild. Yes, low body temp can be a symptom of Lyme. The bacteria prefer the lower temp. Low body temp can also be a symptom of hypothyroidism. Some people who have Lyme disease also have a thyroid disorder. You should have a thyroid panel done to see what your levels are. Ask that Free T3, Free T4 (besides T3, T4) and thyroid antibody testing also be done. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view.

The Following User Says Thank You to ticker For This Useful Post:
kcpfs (07-30-2011)
Old 01-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

Maybe more info than you need... but thought I'd let you know some of Dr. Jernigan's thoughts on body temperature.

Low body temp. creates a happy home for viruses and chronic infections. there is a decrease in the productno of all hormones, neurotransmitters and other body chemicals. The coldness slows down the electrical oscillatory rate so the body fluids becomes thicker, syrupy so it is difficult for the body to push the fluids thru the body. They lymph fluids tend to stagnate - that is why the infrared sauna can be so helpful to keep that lymph going so the body can detox.

He has several chapters on this, so I just wanted to paraphrase a few things.

Jeanne

Old 01-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

RedeemedChild:

I also have low body temperature. I feel as if I'm burning up with fever and the thermometer only reads 99!

Old 01-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Jeanne

Do you use the sauna and is it helping with the low body temp? I'm so cold all the time I would think this would be good for me. Any idea how much they cost?

Kim

Old 01-14-2006, 07:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi lymegirl. I got a sauna in November and I love it so much, I highly recommend it. My body temperature was so low all the time, but it's much better now. Unfortunately, the sauna is not a quick fix to increasing body temp. It brings your temp up while you're in there, but if you have a problem then it won't keep your temp up for very long after you get out. More than anything, it's good for detoxifying your body, which ultimately will make you healthier so that your body will start to work properly and then your temp should come up.

Old 01-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

Kim,

Infrared Saunas range in price. You can get a one person up to a 4 person. We bought a Sauna Max - there is a lot of info on line about this. Someone on this board bought a sauna max on Ebay and got a good price - can't remember who, maybe they will see this and post.

Prices can range from $1000 on up if you are buying new. (shipping is expensive)

Jeanne

Old 01-16-2006, 12:45 AM   #11
(female)

RedeemedChild HB User

Those of you who do have a low body temp
also seem to be cold? I am a weirdo...

I have warm blood that cannot stay warm....

I have little to no tolerance for heat....give me cold!

Last edited by RedeemedChild; 01-16-2006 at 12:46 AM.

Closed Thread