It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User
New Sauna smell?

We had our infrared sauna delivered today.... the guys were morons who put it togther and started it up when there was some statics packing stuff on the heating bars.... so it kinda smelt like burning plastic... well I called the place and they told me how to clean it.... its all clean, but there is a smell in the sauna.

I know dry heat can have a smell, even more so when its new wood and materials....

How long does that new (stinky) sauna smell last?

Old 01-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: New Sauna smell?

Oh man, I can't believe they did that!!! Maybe you could try taking some essential oils in with you. I bring my little bottles of oils in the sauna and just rub my temples or my neck while I'm hanging out in there. Did you get a two person sauna? You know where I'm going with that....

Anyway, do you like essential oils? I think some good ones as far as making things smell better are lavender, geranium and jasmine (not all at once, just one). You can put them on a little cloth in the sauna just for the smell or you can add a carrier oil like almond oil and then rub it on your neck or even your scalp. You just need a little bit.

Last edited by sleeperwoken; 01-18-2006 at 04:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2006, 06:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Fotomom

New stinky sauna smell is usually not to bad.

Ring the supplier tell them you want a new heating elemant fitted.
They should of offered it in the first place why should you have to clean your purchased heater.

1. you have an awfull smell, which you dont know could be fumes..??
2. you didnt pay for a dirty smelly spoilt heating elemant
3. you dont know what damage long term the stuff on it could do.
4. its not what you paid for.

CHEECKY SODS!!

I know its hard and its another hick up, its fustrating and exhausting.
But hun.
Its not what you paid for and its disrespectfull for them to expect you to accept it like it.

If you feel strong enough tell them so. xx

sleep on it and see how you feel tomorrow.

Jules x Sorry i get so cross with things like this

Last edited by battling on; 01-18-2006 at 06:04 AM.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

Thanks!!!

We ran it for 2 hours last night and then used it.... the smell is pretty much gone and now it smells like heated wood.

I never thought about an oil to bring in with me? Great idea!

Jules.... I know what you mean. I am a business owner my self and would never expect any client to take an album that is not correct. We talked with the seller of the sauna and decieded in the end to leave it be. I do plan to call the company to double check and make sure its no problem with what I did.

We got a killer deal (same price as online) and we also had a credit from our ozon system that killed out softtub motor.... I guess some times you get what you pay for!

Old 01-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

fotomom

I would be curious to know if you see any difference in your core body temp and when you see results. I am so cold all the time I know I would like a sauna, but where to put it? The health club I am on medical leave with has one but can't use until I unfreeze my membership. It's expensive so can't do unless I'm going to use all the facilities. That's my goal right now just get better enough to go to the gym. One step at a time......

Enjoy the sauna
Kim

Old 01-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

Ours is 36 inches by 36 inches 74 inches tall.... its int he corner of our bedroom... we both can fit in it, but we touch... its a one person sauna

Old 01-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

HIya

Does this do an essential part of cleansing, does it give alot more relief.
I could look into getting one it would be lovely, but i would have to trade my future workshop ideal.

Plus cost of running.
i need to do my sums.

Have to monitor the benefits, so many people seem to be getting saunas, are they cheaper in USA?

Jules xx

Old 01-18-2006, 07:07 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

You can find them on E BAy (saunagen is the brand we bought) for around $1500 to $3000

I can't imagine it being to pricy to run, we have a hot tub that runs too and it only costs us about $10 more each month to run. The booklet says about $5 a month to run the sauna

Old 01-19-2006, 04:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I got a two person sauna from LuxSauna. It was $1600 and that included shipping.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:49 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hey this is ever so good.
They have tiny ones here for £400

One add writes

This infrared sauna costs less to operate because it uses very little energy - about the same amount used by a hair dryer or toaster oven. And it takes only 5 to 10 minutes to preheat, not the 30 to 60 minutes required by traditional saunas

If this is right then im defo going to have a go.

Dont think id come back out thou some got cd players.
OOh dream, warmth and LL Cool J.

Thanks for letting me know, as my mum would love this also.
Jules x

Old 01-19-2006, 10:16 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User

lymegirl ,

I have been using mine for about 6 months. My temp is definitley rising. I very rarely get the deep chills anymore. I think is one of the best investments I have ever made!!

~P :O)

Old 01-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

I love your idea of using the essential oils in the sauna! I have some, but never thought of this. Will try this - thanks for the thought!

Jeanne

Old 01-19-2006, 12:44 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi all
Frankinsence is suppossed to be a good one.

Its ment to help you release passed memories that you dont want around.

Jules xx

Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #14
(female)

arcticablue HB User

For those of you who have saunas, have you noticed a big difference in the way that you feel? How do you clean the sauna? How many times a day can you sit in it and what is the maximum amount of time that is considered safe? My husband is going to buy me a sauna with the tax money which we should have in less than two weeks. I can't wait! It sounds as if they have oodles of health benefits!

Jamie

Closed Thread