It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2006, 12:35 PM   #1

BB HB User
2nd Opinion LLMD Visit

Hello Members,

I went to another LLMD for a 2nd opinion this past Thursday, the doc had requested that I stop all ABX to give my body a break. They advised an herbal remedy of Cats Claw, Rhodiola and other herbs to boost my battered immune system. Even though I`ve been on immune boosters for most of my tick borne duration, I`ve heard of, but never tried Cats Claw, has anyone experianced any success with this?

Kind of leary stoppping my ABX because I`ve been on them for so long now they`ve become my security blanket, but I guess I have no choice. With major problems persisting I guess it`s time for a change, I`ve started this regimen this weekend.

The doc also suggested I have a biopsy done for the lesions on my gland, they gave me the form to have the lab PCR the biopsy. The problem is fining a appropriate doctor to do so. If all recall my other LLMD had referred me to an ENT who inturn referred me to an oral surgen. I googled this oral surgen the other day and he turned out to be a dentist...YIKES! I`m going to call the 2nd opinion LLMD back and ask if they know of a MD that can help.

The 2nd opinion doc also brought up an interesting issue, I`ve read some articles about it before in the past. The doc stated their researching the possibilities of BB mutating itself into a viral form to avoid ABX. I find this interesting and a possibility, a person I know is HIV positive. We have spoke many times about symptoms that he and I share, the scary part is that many of our symptoms are exactly the same. Who knows, maybe the Feds do. So much more research needs to be done.

If and when I ever get some help I`ll let the board know how this pans out.
To everyone on this board, God Bless and be well. BB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User
Re: 2nd Opinion LLMD Visit

Hi BB:

I found your post very interesting. Especially the stuff about viruses. One of the things that my husband came across on the web when googling stuff about my symptoms is something called human stealth virus. Look it up yourselves...

Frango

Last edited by Smyle; 01-23-2006 at 06:59 AM.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: 2nd Opinion LLMD Visit

Hi BB, I am taking cat's claw. It does work, but it's one of those things where we can't say who will respond on it and who won't. It works for me, but then others say they got no results at all and still others say they couldn't even tolerate a drop of it because of the strong herx. You will have to try it for yourself and see how you do.

It has to be TOA-free cat's claw. As far as I know, at this time there are only two brands that are TOA-free and they are Saventaro and Samento. If you buy regular cat's claw, it will not work. There is an excellent article called "nutraceutical breakthrough's in lyme disease-TOA Free cat's claw" which is very informative. I hope you can find it and read it for yourself.

I do believe that Bb can protect itself against abx when it's in certain forms, but I also believe that if you can build up your immune system, your own body can beat them. I think building up the immune system is as important, if not more important, than directly fighting the lyme. I try to give my body every advantage possible by detoxifying and by eating very healthfully. It really has made a big difference in my quality of life.

Closed Thread