It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2006, 03:43 PM   #1

ashmarie4444 HB User
persistant neck pain??...2 weeks straight w/ no break...

Yet another question...

I've been having bad pains in my neck, feels very muscly in that when i bend my head back or move my neck certain ways it hurts in the same places and has an overall ache all the time. It's mostly in my actual neck above my shoulders, but during bad times has crept into my shoulders and around the sides of the neck making my jaw muscles and throat muscles (if there is such a thing) feel really tense.

The thing that's weird to me, is although it has gone up and down slightly in intensity, it's just been persistant and annoying for a little over two weeks now. Everything else I've had with lyme has followed the herxing pattern where I'll have the symptoms for a few days, then gone, then back a few days later, etc. Also, I've had lyme for abt 4 months and never had anything like this, every other symptom has just kinda of repeated itself, so I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's lyme or something else (possibley stress, no idea). Just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

Thanks y'all...hope everyone's hangin in there...

Ashley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User
Re: persistant neck pain??...2 weeks straight w/ no break...

yeah i have bad neck pains, so bad sometimes it creaks, cracks and pops, fells like it's intesnes pressure on my head and neck. hurst really bad. and it will go on and on without end sometimes. especially during herxes. my muscles in my neck, chin, face get so sore and out of whack that i now where a mouth guard at night to reaglign my jaw b/c it starts hurting so much. probably all of it for me is a combo of herx and stress. don't know if this helps ya out, but what your'e describing definitely could be lyme related. hope your neck comes out of this pattern soon.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Ashley:

I have this also, infact I was thinking about posting to ask if anyone gets this. It is the tightness in the throat that I find the most bothersome. I find that It all increases as the day goes on. I wake up in the morning feeling pretty good in the neck, throat, jaw area and by the end of the day it is really a pain. There are times when I feel like I won't be able to swallow, but I always can. The sensation though is very alarming.

This has been a constant for me probably for the last month or so.

Frango

Old 01-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Yeah me too.
I have had it bad for many years. So bad that I had cervical surgery hoping it would help (2 times) now I realize it is lyme related. Surgery was grasping at straws. It didn't help. Hang in there Ashley. Its a rough road we travel. But we will get to the other end.
Prayers....Marsha

Old 01-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi ashley
My memoreys are all of my painfull bad neck, it has vaeriations in pain and if im lucky i may get 2 days with none but that usually a month.
It goes back as far as 1992, i was signed to physio at teh hospital, and exrays.
Im sure its what keeps me awake on teh nights i could be asleep as my neck hurts , my head is never in a good position.
If i could trade anything it would be the painfull neck.

When its bad i have to hold on to something sitting up straight as teh slightest movement is agony..

I found some relief when i had a jaw gaurd made as Romans has.

Its the most miserable thing, i feel for you so much.
i hope you get some relief for it soon.
Jules x
If i remember anything else i will post again.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

wow surgery marsha? and 2 none the less?? !!!! and all to try to solve a lyme problem...dang those doctors who don't know whta's going on. sorry you had to go through all that.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 01-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #7

ashmarie4444 HB User

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for everyone's feedback. Sounds like it probably is the lyme. I agree Frango, the throat part is really bothersome...I had that for the first time last week and it was pretty scary. Kind of felt like my throat was closing up. I have TMJ and my jaw muscles got really tight, etc., so I ended up figuring it was all probably related, but just a weird uneasy feeling. Good to know all of this.

As some of you might've seen on my other post from a little while ago, I'm supposed to be monitoring myself to decide when I'm symptom free, and so I think part of me didn't want this to be lyme related, but in the back of my mind I was pretty sure it was. Just weird how I've never had it until 2 weeks ago. The unpredictability and multitude of symptoms of this disease are really overwhelming. Thanks for all guys...

Old 01-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Shanna
The first didn't fuse and I had to have the second to try to get the bones to fuse.
In a hard miserable collar from chin to chest 24hrs 8 wks (2 times) And It WAS LYME

Old 01-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Oh no way Marsha, blast this blinking world and its ignorance.

You can be the flagship, to aid others that its not the way to go.
Not much in comparison, but could save so much grief for some.

Bless you xx

Old 01-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

how horrible marsha. i can't veenv begin to imagine being in that collar. what a road that must have been for you. glad you got through it though and at leasat you know that somewhere down the road you're on now it'll fiannly get better at last. hopefully that'll be soon!

Old 01-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #11

ashmarie4444 HB User

One thing I wanted to add...and I am sure mine is not nearly severe as the majoirty of you guys, but I have found some relief with Tiger Balm. I know it sounds simple, but the Tiger Balm seems to be a lot stronger than Bengay or anything like that, and although I don't think it really does anything long-term of course, when I put it on and then wrap a heating pad around my neck...for at least 15/20 mins it feels like its getting down into my muscles and is tingly, etc. I also have this thing called a bed buddy...it's so much better than a heating pad. You guys have probably heard of it, but you put it in the microwave each time you want to use it and it gives off a really warm, moist heat. I use it each night to help me sleep. I know I'm a rookie to all of this, so sorry if these things are all really dumb...just wanted to try to pass on anything that might give even a tiny bit of relief!! I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts...

Old 01-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #12

ashmarie4444 HB User

wow Marsha, those posts came while I was typing that last one. I am so sorry!! It's so frustrating how little pple know about lyme!! I can't imagine...

Old 01-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi ashmarie
Ive written about tiger balm before, its about the only thing that helps if rubbed in enough.
I use a hair drier to get maximum heat, and then a cold cloth.

I have been told, to leave hot on or cold on is not good, ( but i do love the hot)

The hot opens all muscle fibers and the fluids and bloods flow through them, so washing out the toxins.

The cold shuts and tightens the muscle so squeezing out the remaining fluid, so giving less muscle ache after the treatment. has finished.

So i never end on a cold and i do alternate as much as my weak will power will let me.

This could be 1 of many ideals, hope this helps
Jules x

Old 01-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #14

ashmarie4444 HB User

Thanks Jules, that's good to know! I read one of your other posts where you were talking about certain suplements that could help your organs process the toxins better when herxing. any specifics on what they are? I might be interested in giving it a try when the next one comes. My neck and back have been getting progressively worse and I feel like it's on it's way...

Thanks again for the notes on the hot and cold!

Ash

Closed Thread