It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User
for cjftworth...just thinking of you.

hi cj.

i'm not sure if you even check the boards at all since you're on your break away. but just in case i just wanted to say i think of you often and hope you are fairing well. miss your posts and support but am glad you are taking steps to heal and take back your life. you're in my prayers and hope to hear good things from you when you come back eventually. take care.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Inactive

deejavu HB User
Re: for cjftworth...just thinking of you.

Hi Shanna,

Thanks for starting this post. I also think of Cj and perhaps she is feeling good in Mexico or wherever she may be.

Prayers to you CJ!!

Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

You are thought of often with warm wishes.

Jeanne

Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Add my prayers. Miss you too. Marsha

Old 01-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi Cj
we got your seat comfy and warm with an afgan, just steps away from the jacuzzi all ready for when you come back.
x julesx

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=360619[/url]

its every ones bits of vision and we go there to party.

Last edited by battling on; 01-27-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:07 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Romans,

I am so glad you started this post. I think of cj often and have wanted to write but didn't want to put pressure on her. I am sure she visits here often and hope she realizes she is missed. I am sure the break will do her good and hopefully give her time to decide which direction to go in. I know this was something that was beginning to worry her. Knowing cj she is researching and will come to a decision soon.

Cj, We miss you and all your prayers and hope all is well. Wanting nothing but peace for you and total healing. See you soon. Enjoy the threads and well wishes but hold off coming back until you feel it is time.

Maureen

Old 02-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Dear Shanna and all,

Your post and replies are heartwarming. I did not see this earlier or I would have replied sooner. I really have 'detoxed' from thinking so much about lyme.

Denise asked in post I replied to yesterday? that I start a thread but I think this will be it...

I would like to have great news but I don't, another reason for not touching base sooner, I'm sure.

I've been to a new family doc, gotten a refill for topamax, offered to other very low dose anti-depressants but declined after leaving office and researching. Did purchase CALMS by Hylands, a homeopathic pill for nerves, stress.

Have been fighting anxiety/depression like never before. I know it my knower that it is physiologically rooted. Went ahead and took a cortisol x4 saliva test yesterday in hopes that it will shed light on whatever it is that is going on. Constant pressure on chest, heart, jittery, anxious, crying, total inability to sleep in day, strange sleep at night... don't even want to finish list.

Spiritually desperate so drawing closer to the Lord. Always a silver lining. Communicating well with husband. Still leaving next week for Mexico in hopes that the change will be good. Thinking it will be a short trip unless the change does remarkable things for mind/body. I know it will be great on a spiritual level.

Still on Jernigan's products. Re-ordering 2 month supply today as I've run out of everything but neuro-antitox. Will order Borrelogen, Microbojen, and both Cardio and CNS of the neuro-antitox.

Question: if a days' dosage of neuro-antitox has 600mg of silphium (which is ingredient in silphitrin), is there a need to purchase silphitrin? Denise or Jeanne, do yall know if 600mgs is anywhere close to a full dosage of silphitrin?

Still undecided about pale spike. I did use it last month.

I am not up on everyone's condition and for that I apologize. I do send love and healing to all. I did catch that Jeanne has an appt. tomorrow and wish you the very best. That Patrice is trying Jernigan stuff, again wish you the best. Denise, sounds like house deal went through - praise God! Shanna, more time with boyfrend, very cool, blessings on your time together. AND that sleeperwoken completed her fast - tough, but you did it! hats off. Marsha, battling on and Maureen, hope you are healing well and if nothing else, fighting a good fight.
I've caught glimpse and pieces as I've researched a few times but know I've missed the majority of what is going on in your lives. Still think of Jon often and send him prayers when he comes to mind. Obviously having a hard time closing, so by all... Love, Carol

Last edited by cjFTWORTH; 02-08-2006 at 10:56 AM.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #8
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Cj,

My heart goes out to you as I know you have been having problems with anxiety/depression for a while. I always had problems with anxiety, even before I became infected with Lyme. Since I could remember, I had panic attacks which are not fun. I have many fears, I know I am agoraphobic besides suffering from other phobias, fear of heights and driving.

Many years ago I had testing done on my brain (I don't remember the type of test) and the testing went on for days as an outpatient in a hospital in NJ. Results were that my serotonin "leaks" out of a certain part of my brain, doctor said this was inherited as it runs in my family.

I have tried many antidepressants in my life for the panic disorder, most of them did nothing for me. The only one that has helped me and is still helping me is Paxil. Everyone reacts differently to different medications, what works for one person may not work for another. I have heard horror stories about people who took Paxil, but then again, what worked for them, did not work for me.

Chemical imbalances are no fun, that's for sure. Trying different medications is also a real pain and very frustrating. I know, I tried most of them.

You may want to read about a very dangerous medication called MAOI(Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor). I was on one called Nardil, but the problem was I didn't have the right doctor to monitor me as this is a dangerous medication but it does work. But only consider it as a "last resort" as it is very dangerous. I really do "not" recommend it and I was glad when I when off of it as it changed my entire personality.

As far as your question, Silphitrin is a very concentrated formula, mostly to remove ammonia and nitrogen toxins. I haven't taken the neuro-antitox formula yet, I ordered the CNS formula and hope it arrives today. Yes, I know these formulas contain Silphium laciniatum but I think the Silphitrin acts in a different way.

Jeanne could probably be of more help as far as the Silphitrin. Even though I am taking it, I am also taking it combined with the Pale Spike Lobelia so I don't know which product is working, but I know it is working as my mind is so much clearer (ammonia is really being removed).

Are you still exercising? I know that helps not only with depression, but with the brain activities too. Also relieves stress. When I get really bad, I do yoga, meant to do yoga everyday but I have been bad, have to go back to it as it is very calming.

I am also trying to get in touch with Jon and if and when I do connect with Jon and Nancy, I will let you know.

Right now you need to concentrate on yourself and work on this anxiety and depression.

Please remember that I am always here for you no matter what. I think going to Mexico may be good for you. If not, come to my house! But you will have to clean the upstairs!

Hugs to you my friend,
Denise

Old 02-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

cj,

silphtrin is stronger by itself.

Mainly I just wanted to add one thing. Dr. Amen (head of the Amen clinic - brain clinic) says that when you can't get to what is wrong, look to the brain.

when the frontol lobes are underactive, it creates all sorts of anxiety, and the symptoms you were talking about. For me, getting Lyme under control did not change the damage the Lyme did.

So a SPECT scan showed the damage. Thanks for wishing me well for tomorrow. We leave today, will spend the night on the Air Base, and my appt. is tomorrow. I will be posted eventually about all I have learned about the brain. Dr. Amen's books were totally uplifting to me. His statement "you cannot be you, unless your brain is working correctly" really hit home.

Anyway, it is just a thought.

Wishing you the best in Mexico.

Jeanne

Old 02-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

oh no wrong thread with an answer how do i delete, it says edit ??
and i cant get rid of this input so will put to good use.

HIYA EVERYONE
HUGS EVERYONE ((()))

Jules x

Last edited by battling on; 02-08-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

CJ:

I hope that by the time you check back in here you'll be feeling better somehow.....you know we're with you in Spirit!

I had a visit with my GP today (the one who belongs to that group of "you had Lyme, you were treated with i.v., you're cured") so I don't discuss Lyme with him AT ALL. I am doing so well though, he asked what's been happening to me - my gait is improved, my speech and thought process is remarkably better and though he didn't know me BL (before Lyme) I'd have to say it's the closest I've been to what I was all those years ago than at any time.!

I told him that as he wanted to be "brought up to date on what I've been doing since last visit months ago" I told him that I completed 6 months of weekly BiCillin shots over a month ago and except for my fall last November (when I tore my rotator cuff and have been going to Physical therapy since December to avoid surgery!) that nothing else is different. I'm even thinking of going back to driving! Zowie!

This may not last but I tell you, I'm encouraged!

He asked in his scientific manner, if I was saying that the BiCillin cured the symptoms of Lyme that I "thought" I'd been having (and as I don't discuss Lyme with him..LOL) , I merely stated that he asked to be brought up to date on what's been happening since I saw him..which was what I did and was not stating a conclusion or diagnosis of my own.

hehehehe the old combative me is slipping back.....he doesn't know my brain when it's working even if it is only a small percentage of what it was.....ROFL ahhhhh Revenge is sweet.....

Keep up your spirits - God will provide, I truly believe......and you have a lot of people here praying for good things for you!!!

Gerri

Last edited by outinthe_woods; 02-08-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:43 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Thanks for the support all.

Denise, I am still exercising. Quit the kickboxing last week as we are spending much time getting ready for move. But we take long, BRISK walks (husband is 6'3) 45 minutes, sometimes an hour.

Don't know why, but my gut SCREAMS andrenals, pituary gland as the root of my problems. I know what manic depression feels like (I'm a rapid cycler), I know what depression from emotional stuff feels like, and the strange thing about this is the timing of the day. I'm at my best around 9 oclock at night.

Anyway...

Jeanne, thanks for the input. I do know most of my neurotransmitter levels are significantly off and addressing that will help for sure. I'm going to take a reprieve in Mexico, hope the break does me good, and then return and address all this.

Gerribear, so good to hear from you. Thanks for your encouragment. And way to stand your ground, girl! And so good to hear that you are doing so well. Stronger for sure. That's the good thing about taking a break from boards - improvements are noticeable!

Jeanne, that goes for you too, you sound like you are doing much better. Hope appt. went well today.

I ended up ordering my Jernigan products yesterday and should have them Monday. Take care all... cj

Old 02-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

be well in mexico cj, may it be jujst what you need to help you in your healing and in your journey.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 02-10-2006, 07:25 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

gerri...just wanted to say "way to go!!" was so happy to see your post and hear that you felt like the old you was starting to shine through....that's so very encouraging to hear! i'm sure it gives you such joy to feel that and see it in your ife. gives us all hpe that we'll be in your shoes some day. thanks for reenergizing us with your highlights!!

shanna

Old 02-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

Gerri,

So good to hear from you and that a bit of spitfire is back!

CJ - Know that I will be thinking of you as you move forward.

Jeanne

Closed Thread