It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Another question

Is there anyone who has been tested at IgeneX who has not tested positive for Lymes? If not, Is IgeneX running false positives?

Old 03-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User
Re: Another question

hi pellegrine, i tested neg for igg and indeterminate igm, best wishes
brid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hello again Peregrine,

Yes, many people do test negative with IgeneX. This happens because one's body is not making the antibodies which IgeneX uses to test for Lyme and it's co-infections.

Remember, a "reputable" LLMD uses a test result as an "aid", not as a diagnosis as the symptoms are truly more important than the test results.

I knew I had Lyme before being tested by IgeneX just by my symptoms. I was first diagnosed with CFS but after researching that, I knew it was a "symptom" and I wanted to know the "cause". Took me 5 years, but I finally met the right doctor who took 16 vials of blood from me, sent 8 of them to IgeneX and the other 8 to Labcorp at the same time.

Guess what? Labcorp's results turned out all Negative, and I tested positive for Lyme and Ehrlichiosis (negative for Babesiosis), through IgeneX. Interesting, huh? Same blood at the same time. I think I told you my story of when I questioned why that happened and the answer I was given.

Hope that helps,
Denise

Old 03-13-2006, 04:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear peregrine,

I tested negative with only one band showing thru both Labcorp and Quest. Band # 23 or 25, can't remember which right now. Of course that was a negative.

Thru I genex I tested positive and indeterminate for a number of bands but not enough of the right ones for CDC standards to be considered a positive. The interesting thing is they didn't show positive for the band the other two did. Dr. Crist gave me a detailed explanation on how to read the bands and why more of them should be included in the diagnosis for a positive result. He is absolutlely sure I have Lyme. If you go back to my past threads I printed his reasons per band. It was just within the last couple of weeks. The CDC just hasn't caught up with what the Lyme doctors have discovered.

Maureen

Old 03-13-2006, 05:00 AM   #5
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Hi Maureen,

Hmmm, I will get a copy of my test result this week to see what bands you are referring to. I tested positive for the two main tests IGM and IGG and my doc was satisfied with these as positively indicating Lymes. But you are saying within these tests there are these bands? I'm now wondering which co-infections I should test for, Babeosis for sure but not certain I need to test for the others. Would the treatment be any different one co-infection to another?

P.

Closed Thread