It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
Inactive

deejavu HB User
Question Weight Gain or Weight Loss?

Hi all,

As everyone probably knows from my posts, I put on weight since I got sick 10 years ago (no, I'm not saying how much)

Anyway, I have (or had) Lyme with Ehrlichiosis and I noticed that some members who are co-infected with Babesiosis lose weight.

Is this true? Does anyone who has Babs keep losing weight or didn't gain lots of weight like me?

Just curious,
Denise

Old 03-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User
Re: Weight Gain or Weight Loss?

Hi DJ
its a bit hard to say so not sure if it answers your question.

With a neg result i dont know what i actually have.

but before this last bite, smalliest size 12, wieghed 10 1/2 stone.

I went to 16 1/2 stone over time and size 22.

some increase from stupid phyic meds.

Since on antibiotics lost 9 llb and havent tried yet, had to put on the last of my list till well.

im thinking if teh bodys healing maybe its seeking its own comfort zone?
if that makes sense.

I did read that lyme lives in the fat cells so they encourage it ? somehow?

jules xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Jules,

That makes sense. I don't think you have Babesiosis as I know your symptoms, but that's just my opinion.

Yes, drugs can mess around with a person's body (and mind). If you didn't have Lyme, you wouldn't have been responding to the Doxy, I think you would have felt nothing. So??

Fat cells, yes, lyme bacteria lives everywhere including the fat. So I guess it's good that I take the Pale Spike/Silphitrin formula to keep removing toxins.

But I want to lose this extra weight I am carrying around!

I did overdo it with my exercise 2 days ago, I added free weights to aerobic walking, ut oh! Not a good idea! But I bounced back right away so that's good. I have this VHS tape where I walk a mile every day but it's aerobic walking doing kicks, knee lifts, swirling the arms around, the whole body goes into motion I walk 1 mile a day and I want to get to the 2 mile walk.

You would laugh because my doggie barks at me when I am exercising!

Anyway, it took 10 years to put on this weight so I guess I won't lose it overnight unless I starve myself which is not healthy.

Thanks Jules!
DJ

Old 03-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

The make up is a good start,
If you feel good it will help in leaps and bounds. its addictive once you get on the tracks.

i remember it well, and i smiled all the time.

im going to invent a bouncy bit of plastic so peeps can smile when tehy sleep so it gives of those hormone things in the cheek muscles that make you happy.

yeap as you say slowly slowly catchy monkey. But i stamp my foot often as im a want it now kind a person.. then sulk.

still must log offfffffffffffffffff
xxjules xx

Old 03-17-2006, 03:06 PM   #5
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Jules, go sleepy!

Yeah, makeup feels good, my face used to be a grayish color when I was really sick, now it's nice and rosy again.

I want to buy your plastic invention! Smiling is great for the soul.

There is an old saying "Smile and the world smiles with you!"

Nite, nite!

Old 03-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

ugh. Don't talk to me about weight gain.

I don't have Babesia but I have gained weight. I don't know if its the Lyme or the fact that I can't walk around. Not only have I gained 50 (yes, fifty) pounds but I am also weak. ie: I can barely lift my Brita water pitcher when its full.

I hate the weight. I can feel my butt cheeks squeez when I take a step and I can't stand it. I used to be skinny minnie. I was tan, bikini wearing 40 year old - Yeah! But not anymore.

I would LOVE to excercise. I miss dancing so much it hurts. I hope that when I do recover, I go back to how I used to be. I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. My skin is so red and splotchy from running a fever every day. yuch.

Denise, do you line dance? I can teach you and we go out and shake our money makers.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #7
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Mickie,

I understand completely. It's that I have read so many posts from members who lost weight because of Babesiosis, but I'm not complaining. Just curious.

Yes, I love dancing! I have line danced before but I am clutz so I mess it up, need practice. I love any kind of dancing, yeah! After I watched that movie with Richard Gere "Shall we dance" I wished I could take ballroom dance lessons. I would actually do that now, but the places I know (except for Arthur Murray if they are still around, lol), want a partner.

I also have that Brita Water Pitcher, I am drinking so much water. I always had strong arms, maybe all the fishing I have done in my life.

Mickie, you will go back to being skinnie minnie again. First things first, right?

Can you do some light stretching like in Yoga? Good for the body and for stress.

But I hate the weight too, I used to wear a size 8 or 10, now I am wearing size 14 or bigger depending on the label. I don't care what the world thinks, it's what I think. I have such pretty clothes and I can't fit into them and that really bothers me. When I do go out on dates, I always wear a black dress to hide my tummy and butt.

So let's go dancing and you can teach me how to line dance the right way without me falling on my butt! I'll meet you at the state line

Old 03-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #8
(female)

earle HB User

well let's just say that when i get on the scale, it says "one at a time". LOL!!!

yep, major weight gain. i was a size 8 and had a ton of clothes cause i was working then, now BAM!! i weigh a good 182 and am perfectly miserable!!!!

Old 03-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Dancing is a great way to lose weight and tone. That is Kirstie Alley's (Jenny Craig commercials) secret she says to her weight loss. I saw her on Oprah talking about it.

You go girls.....

Kim

Old 03-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

I have babesia. Used to be a 8 before lyme. No problem. Then lyme and B and the weight kept coming. I am 5'1 and 167. Not good. Have been up to 175 but the food poisioning was good for something.

One thing I have been told by my dr is that lyme can affect the throid with the throid never showing a problem. This is common for lyme and most lymies do gain weight. So maybe we have an excuse. (and spelling use to be excellent now I look at a word and think is that right.)

(Guess who because when it comes to weight I don't say my name and weight in the same post.) I'm headed over to Denises for the weekend where I will be a 8 and lay on the beach.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi! i ahve gain wight too, i was size 6, now 9, but thats since i the first beak up with my ex boyfriend and quit smoking, i gainesd25 pounds in nine month!!!now since july, before my lung operation, i los 10 pound for the operation, did a hard fast diet, loose it, gain back 4, then loose it again.. gain it back...then when the doctor gave me lexapro, i really lost wight!! like 12 pounds in 3 weeks, that stuff made me soo nauseas that couldnt eat!! mot that i am off, i gave gain some weight..dont know my weigh but i guess right now i might be 69 kilos...still like 22 pounds overweight so if babesia makes you loose weigh.. maybe i dont have it......i migh have lost some weight in the last 2 days... i had lost of nausea from doxy that couldnt eat much.. and right now theres nothing to eat in my house and i am hungry, so i kight loose more weight.. i dont feel like cooking since july, so if i dont eat out, i just eat in the house anything fast..like right now will have crakers before my doxy..
hugs

Old 03-17-2006, 10:29 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

argh! I was size 4 when I met my hubby 11 years ago!

Today I am a 10... I am okay with it... 150lbs, would rather be 140.... since lyme DX I have maintained...

DJ, you talking about "walk away the pounds dvd?" I love it! I used to use it all the time! Now I walk with my jogger and neighbor.... its much harder to do the WATP with a 4 year old!

Last edited by fotomom; 03-17-2006 at 10:30 PM.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #13
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Fotomom,

I would be okay with a size 10

Yes, I have Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone. I have the tapes as I don't own a DVD player yet. I bought these years ago and it came with the weighted balls. I can do 1 mile with no problem, but when I add the weights, I really feel it.

I guess I just have to be more patient. The weight will come off in time.

I really sweat which is a good thing! Then I hop into my detox bath.

Maybe your 4 year old will do it with you? Get rid of that extra energy that kids have? Or is this the child that has Lyme too?

Denise

Old 03-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #14
(female)

cind68 HB User

I personally think between the meds and not being able to be mobile...not to mention how your thyroid gets messed w/you just can't help but gain weight!!

As for me? I'd always weighed right at 135. I'm 5'7". When I got sick I immediately started gaining weight. I got up to around 175 or so when I was on IV. Now that I don't have to take many meds and am able to be active...well, active then crash but it's still a BIG part of my life keeping myself in shape. The heat kills the chetes and the moving hurts but helps the joints in the long..and short run. Anyway, now I consistently weigh 125. I'm an emotional noneater and also just forget to eat. That's NOT a good thing either!!! If I get around 120 I feel horrible and look it too.

Have you checked into the t3??

Old 03-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I got to thinkin' ...

Pre-Lyme I exercised 4 - 5 times a week. I also did a lot of home improvement (sheetrocking, spackling, painting, yard work) so I was always moving. I watched maybe 4 - 6 hours of TV a week. I preferred working around the house to watching TV.

I must confess that currently, I am on the couch 24/7. I live here. Over the past year or two, my bedroom is a disaster area- can't even see the bed, clothes are everywhere, etc.

I sit here and work during the day. I have my laptop, FAX machine, printer all within reach. My medicine bottles are here within reach, thermometer, my chart, water, juice, etc.

I also sit here on the couch after work and watch TV. I've gotten into such a habit with all the shows I watch. I just don't have the energy to even walk to the kitchen, let alone cook something.

Then I get drowsy, lie down and close my eyes and sleep here on the couch.

Same thing every day. Once in a blue moon I'll feel good enough to walk around, sweep, clean up my trash, etc, but its not often enough.

No wonder I've gained weight. I was 135 lbs, 5'8" and now I'm 185. Yikes. I also have a complete wardrobe that I don't fit in. I wear a lot of sweatpants.

We'll all get better and get back to being our old energetic selves.

p. s. You are all in luck because pre-Lyme I was a dance teacher!! I taught ballroom and line dancing. I love dancing. Anytime, anywhere.

Denise: If you do a search online, you may be able to find beginer type places to dance. I've danced in Elks lodges, high schools and church basements. It tends to be cheap and you don't need a partner. The temple down the street from me has ballroom lessons on Tuesday nights. And there's a restaurant downtown that gives Latin lessons Friday nights. If you seek, you shall find.

Last edited by 6Blues; 03-19-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Closed Thread