It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
(female)

Egyptian EyEs HB User
Does anyone here suffer from Chronic Canker sores and Lyme?

I Have been suffiering from Chronic Canker sores since I was 2. My Lyme Doctors told me it was part of the Lyme. My Canker sores are not contagious. But very painful. And I have had about 6 this month. I basically get them monthly. I am wondering If There are any other ppl with Lyme that also have chronic Canker sore problems?

Last edited by Egyptian EyEs; 03-22-2006 at 09:39 PM.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User
Re: Does anyone here suffer from Chronic Canker sores and Lyme?

hiya
I belive my mum has although she doiesnt belive in Lyme.

I think she got some relief when her teeth where pulled but shes 74 so dont panic nothing that drastic hey

you say monthly, do thye coincide with your menstral cycle.? if so could be hormonal change that agrivates them.

mouth wash with watered down hydro peroxide, please look up the amounts before hand though as this can be strong stuff.
Others have sucked probiotics to help get the balance in the mouth back on track.

bicarbonate of soda is an old remedy and could also be swilled. but possibly the 1st is best.

these are the less costly.

I think DJ may have some ideals form Dr J's goodies.
sure she will be around later.
jules xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 03:36 AM   #3
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Not canker sores, but mouth ulcers. For the first 7 or 8 years of the illness I would get them frequently, but rarely now. A Rheumatologist prescribed Kenalog. You need an Rx and it has a bit of cortisone in it (not great) but ulcers can be extremely painful and this does work.

Prema

Old 03-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Prema

I have always gotten canker sores and nw my daughter has started getting them also. There are times when I have several at a time also. I went to a naturopath afew weeks ago and she recommended calcium lactate for this. Have not tried this yet so can't say if it works. She said to take as soon as you feel a mouth or canker sore starting. You make be able to take as a preventative but not sure about that.

Since mouth sores are a virus it makes sense that a compromised immune system would not be able to fight this off.

Hope you are having a good day

Kim

Old 03-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Egyptian Eyes,

Honest? I never had 1 canker sore or anything on my mouth so I can't give you any advice about that.

I guess the only thing I can say is that I read that teeth fillings can be very toxic and I know many members here have had their fillings redone, especially if the fillings are old. Bacteria loves to live in the mouth. Do you soak your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide every day?

It also makes sense that when one's immune system is weakened, bacteria's come out in different forms, whether they be rashes, sores, eye problems, etc.

Wish I can be of more help,
Denise

Old 03-23-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
(female)

Egyptian EyEs HB User

AAwww Denise,
Your very sweet. I will try that peroxide on the toothbrush.
I actually don't have any fillings. but I will be getting them probably in the next year my cavities have come in my adult life...lol.

thank you denise for your help

Old 03-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #7
(female)

lymesgal HB User

Hi there Egyptian Eyes,
Yes, I get canker sores on my tongue ALOT. They are little white patches or spots and they are so sensitive and they hurt!! I usually get them on the tip of my tongue. I've not found anything that helps it, just TIME. Hang in there!

Lymesgal

Closed Thread