It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Any recommended reading for managing long-term illness?

I'm losing my grip.

I can't tell if I feel better than last year or not. I want to give up. Too much effort to fight this. I'm running out of money. I can't remember squat. 2 utility companies came to the door for payment. I have no idea where the bills are or my checkbook. My life is unraveling. So many things I neglect. It can't go on much longer. Something big will fall apart or break.

My income is too high to apply for assitance.

I used to think that God gave me tools to live my life well. Now I don't know what to think. Abandoned by God? I don't know. I still have a bone to pick with Him I guess.

Anyway ..... can folks please recommend some good reading material on managing long term illness?

I don't need books on Lyme per-se, just something to help to deal with the secondary aspects 'cuz I don't think I can do this much longer.

Also, has anyone read the book When Bad Things Happen To Good People? Do you recommend it?

Thanks!

Last edited by 6Blues; 04-25-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:35 AM   #2
Inactive

deejavu HB User
Re: Any recommended reading for managing long-term illness?

Hi Mickie,

I have been where you are when I wanted to give up too. The fight became too much for me and I didn't know where to turn. Remember when I couldn't even buy food so I went to the Church and took food from the "poor person's box?" It does get better, honest.

Can you make a list of who you owe the most money to and try to work with them? My electric was shut off so many times because they wanted thousands of dollars which I didn't have.

Once I explained my situation and my illness to them, the electric company started to work with me.

Money problems are too stressful and not good for any disease. Is it possible that you can refinance your house like I did? It doesn't have to be with a major bank, it can be with a small reputable company like I used because a major bank refused to work with me so I went searching around.

Let me know if that is an option for you because I can help you with that.

Is it possible for you to make extra money on Ebay or is your regular job too much already? That's another option. I have sold precious jewelry to regular stores (not ebay) just to pay my bills when things were really bad.

As far as books, I will look into that for you and see if I find anything.

I feel so bad for you Mickie because I remember what that feels like and it's such a helpless feeling, but please remember we are here for you, okay?

Hang in there, one day at a time.

Hugs,
Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2006, 06:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

HI BLUES..I KNOW THAT FEELING ALSO..THINK WE ALL HAVE OUR NIGHTMARES THAT WE WENT OR ARE GOING THROUGH..LET'S SEE..I WAS MIS-DIAGNOISED...LOST A BABY...LOST MY JOB...LOST MY MARRIAGE...LOST MY HOUSE...MY FAMILY GAVE UP ON ME..GOT ON SSD...HAD 50.00 TO EAT OFF OF.....I LIKE DENISE JUST KEPT TALKING TO THE ELECTRIC, WATER , AND PHONE COMPANY..SOOOO MANY TIMES I WANTED TO GIVE UP TOO. I WAS ALSO GOING THROUGH THE CRAZINESS WHEN MY HEAD WOULD SWELL UP...WOW WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I COULD KEEP GOING ON AND ON..BUT THE GOOD THING IS ... I MADE IT! I WALK AND I TALK NOW...I AM SADDEN THAT YOU ARE HURTING...I HAVE YOU IN MY PRAYER'S. BIG HUG TO YOU!!!

Old 04-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks guys!!

Its not the money that has me so frazzled and down, its the way I'm so sick that I neglect things in my life.

I thought about my predicament and I realized that I spend 99% of my daily energy on work. But I have to work. I don't work .... we don't eat.

Someone (maybe Maureen) suggested a book by a chinese doctor written for those who have term illness. I can't find the post where it was mentioned and I can't recall the title.

I have to go to the library to get my son books for school and I thought I would get a few books me.

Its the little things that are biting me in the rear. My kids carry in the mail, and it put somewhere and forgotten about. I know, I kow .. I should put a box labeled "Mail" and have them deposit the mail in there but I tried that and I don't remember to remind them to do it nor do I remember where it is nor do I remember to look in it nor do I remember where my checkbook is, etc.

Its like a really bad case of catch-22.

I'm also fed up with this disease. I had some good days but not enough. My spirits are in the dumps.

I really admire those of you who manage who keep a good attitude. I try but I guess I don't try hard enough. On the other hand, I guesss its oK for me to feel like this once in a while.

Anyway, if folks can recommend any good reading about dealing with long-term illness, I sure would appreciate it.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

I am reading "you don't look sick" right now... its an interesting book.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #6
(female)

GiGiof2 HB User

Hi 6blues ~~~I am also so sorry to hear how badly you are feeling~~~I feel lucky to have had my friend who kept after me to make an appt. with Dr E until I did ~~~ She also was my source of strenght~~~I was around when she got sick and was so bad~~ that one night I had to actually help her to get out of her car~~~Being born and raised in Europe this young girl (she is much younger than I ) she had such a passion for living life ~~~ a passion that was to be envied!!!! And all of a sudden this~~~ she is now a bit over a year!!! and what a difference ~~~ she also went the alternative approach~~~ ( I dont know if that is making the difference) But I have always believed there was alot to be said here ~~~In any case thank's to her I was given a huge head's up as to what I was in for~~~ Did I believe 100% that this is what I was really going to go thru??? Of course not ~~who does in any situation ~~If they themselves have not been there!!!! BUT I LISTENED~~~ and while I was waiting on my appt.~~ I made a game plan ( again thanks to her) The first thing I did was to hit the store~~~ it was a chore but I pushed ~~~ all the things for the batroom,kitchen,and laundry stuff not to mention Loaded up on paper towels toilet paper and PAPER PLATES!!!!!! LOL then I did some food thing's Not much here ~~~Like everyone else in this life dinner time fell by the wayside long ago~ and we became a takeout family ( which did help in the dark days)~~ Then I addressed some important issues that needed to be done~~~ So when I came home and started the supplement's I was ready!!! I will alawys be eternally grateful to my GF for having been so forthcoming as to how bad it was going to get!!!!!!! AND SHE WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!! Like you I laid in bed not wanting to move ~sometimes not even wanting to open my eyes!!!!!!! day in and day out ~~at time's many thinking can I do THIS??? Do I really want to do this !!! and of course like you GOD!!!!! where was he?? I always tried to live my life being a god person so why ~~~ Not being overly religious but having gone to catholic school as a kid ~~I had my belief's~~I felt like my arm's and leg's were made of concrete HEY WAS I GOING TO SLEEP WITH THE FISHES??? LOL LOL I kept askng myself??~~~ As badly as I was feeling I NEVER thought for a minute I would have felt THIS BAD!!!!!!! and even at that there has to be a better word to describe this helll!!!!!!! BUT I am almost 3 months ( I believe) and am feeling better~~ That is not to say I still dont have issues with some things still ~~ One being leaving the house~~~ If it is a small errand well not so bad~~~ the food store~~ I pick the day I do this , no more reg food store day it is now when the mind and body are ready~~ I dont go here in town~~ I drive to another town so as not to run into anyone ( as sad as that sounds) BUT I know I need to focus and I dont want to waste my energy on the small talk~~!!!! Believe me at FIRST~~~ I had to push myself out the FRONT DOOR!!! and then I usually fought tears all the way there ~~~ did I really want to to this ~~~ maybe I should do it tom.~~~ BUT I made myself forge ahead~~~ Once done I dont know what is was BUT I always did feel a little bit better~~~ was it having made myself move a bit more I dont know~~~ BUT I will tell you it was always NICE to hear the front door close behind me when I was back home!!!!!! I still feel Like Dorothy~~ THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!!! LOL LOL But sadly I know I have to leave to do some thing's~~~ I put together a concoction of things in my blender every morning ~~~ plus there are my supplements ~~~ and now I am going to order the veggies powder ( like Denise I feel the body absorbs better) I need more energy!!!!! So is this the answer I dont know I only know how I feel ~~ and I feel like these things have helped me!!!! I wish someone would start a volunteer group for people with lymes~~ so that people like me on a day where I have some energy to give ~~could give it to someone like you in NEED!!!! Even if to only do some dishes ,or run a vacumn, change some sheet etc. etc ~~~ what a difference it would make and we all know how much IT WOULD HELP!!!!!! My heart and Prayers are with YOU!!! So sorry this got so long ~~~ I hope you find something here that helps ~~~~ heartfelt regards GiGi

Last edited by GiGiof2; 04-26-2006 at 11:19 AM.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #7
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi Mickie,

I don't have much time as I have to go out, but I wanted to get this in ASAP:

This looks like a great book for you (I have not read it):

"A Delicate Balance: Living Successfully with Chronic Illness" by Susan M. Wells (great price from Amazon)

I bought a book from Amazon called: "Unclutter Your Life: Transforming Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Space" by Katherine Gibson

Some more books are:

"ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life" by Judith Kolberg, Kathleen Nadeau (it's also for people who don't have ADD after I read the reviews).

Last book I read reviews about is called "Making Peace with the Things in Your Life: Why Your Papers, Books, Clothes, and Other Possessions Keep Overwhelming You and What to Do About It" by Cindy Glovinsky

Yes, one can't always be positive, that would be crazy. It's just not realistic. Even people who are extremely healthy have their ups and downs too!

Hope this helps,
Denise

Old 04-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Mickie

An acquaintance who has kids my kids ages is coming over tomorrow for coffee. She has lyme and is still being treated after 18 mnths but almost better. I so wish you could join us. I wish we had a support group here in central NJ. Maybe we should start one.

I feel bad you are so down. I know exactly how you feel. I think it runs in a cycle and I am there afew times a month. So low, will I ever get better?, is this what the rest of my life will be like?, left behind while my husband and kids are out bike riding and rollar blading and doing fun things and I'm laying on the couch crying. I know I am lucky to have someone to do some things with them but I want it to be included with my family. I too am unorganized, people calling cause I didn't pay the bills. Always misplacing them. You should see my office paperwork piled everywhere. Filing cabinet needs to be cleaned out so I can file the papers that are on the floor. This requires more energy than I have, so I just do the best I can and try to pay the important ones first like mortgage, ins, and health ins. Always feel inadequate cause dinner is never ready. If I can manage to put something together (after resting frequently during prep) it is sometimes my kids bedtime before we eat. Sometimes I want to cry at how disorganized everything is (previously a very organized person) and sometimes I just laugh at how things are.

I say let yourself feel sad for a little while and then once again pull yourself up and start again. I know not easy to do when you feel like there is a black cloud hanging overhead. The fact that you are holding a job & supporting your family is HUGE. More than I could do right now. You should give yourself credit for what you do. If you were healthy this would still be huge, so the fact you are sick this is tremendous. You are doing something positive by looking for books. How about thinking about diet changes. I just started the Candida diet. The book is by Jeanne Marie Martin. I showed it to Dr E today and she wrote it down. Or looking into using herbs or homeopath med. I ordered the Steven Buhler book about treating lyme with herbs, but I don't have it yet. What does Dr E say? Maybe the bugs are getting resistant to the doxy and you need to change meds.

Nothing with this disease is a quick fix for sure. It is NORMAL to get discouraged.

I am thinking about you and praying for you.

Kim

GiGi
I so can relate about not wanting to leave the house or not wanting to run into people. I live in a small town and you run into someone you know everywhere. I have alot of anxiety from this. Your idea of going to another town to shop is a good one. Do you see Dr E? I saw her today and she is encouraging. She says I am a difficult case but she will not give up on me and that is a source of strength for me.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #9
(female)

GiGiof2 HB User

Hi Kim~~~ yes I do go to Dr E. and am very happy with her ~~~ She was around when Lyme's first started to show up about 25 yrs ago in this area~~~I do believe that not only was her husband afflicted ,so is she,herself, her girl's and also her brother~~~~ I remember reading about them in the paper's thru the years ~~~ they were all over the country trying to learn whatever they could about this disease!!!!~~~So she has a good understanding as to what we are all going thru~~ which to me mean's a lot~~~~ In any case these are just my feeling's~~~~ MICKIE!!!!!! as for what Kim said ~~~~ YOU ARE STILL WORKING???? KUDO"S to YOU!!!!!!! I had to finally quit my job back around Sept-Oct I just could not push anymore!!!!! I agree with Kim DON'T be soooooooooooooo hard on yourself!!!!!!! I finally had to throw in the towel on it~~~ But I am one of the lucky one's and I thank god every day~~~ I have a husband ~~~ and we certainly can do with less~~~ I also feel for you Kim having small children~~~ that I know makes it soooooooooooo hard~~~ My kids are grown and gone~~~which makes it easier all the way around~~~Like you I was very organized!!!!!! I made neat little pile's at the start of this Not intending too mind you LOL LOL It just happened a pile here ,a pile there always with the intention's in mind to address it tomorrow!!!! LOL LOL LOL well before you knew it there were PILES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! who knew ~~~ In any case as time goes on ~~~ I am now trying to address them one at a time~~~~ trust me I get lost in the process so many time's and have to circle back~~~~ BUT I am getting there~~~I am always finding ways to help alleviate the stress no matter how small~~~ there are sticky notes all over the place!!!! LOL LOL LOL ~~MICKIE YOU are doing something that probably most of us couldnt!!!!!!!! at least not now~~~ So that in my book is one VERY BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2006, 06:37 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

fotomom, geminigirl, GiGi, Kim and Denise and everyone,

Thanks for responding. How different things look when I see through your eyes - different perspectives and insights I never thought of. Thats what I like about this place.

I do work everyday. Sometimes even overtime (I could never turn down the extra money and since my job entails sitting at a computer - why not?). Last week I worked 70 hours ... and I'm down on myself for being too tired to care about where the mail is? You guys are right! It just feels so awful when life is out of control; it seems real.

My kids are 12 and 15. Thank God they are growing with me as we all go through the recovery from this disease. They do laundry, clean, cook, etc. It wasn't always like that - for a long time they were pretty cheesed off at me for getting sick and doing nothing for a year but sitting on the sofa. They got over it and now they help.

Kim, I can say to my kids that I'm too sick to do this or that, and they don't like it, but they manage on their own. I don't know how you do it. Little kids don't understand. Its not their fault, they're just too young. I feel for you having to do everything for them. I wish I could come over with mine and let my son & daughter make lunch for your little ones and play with them while you and I kvetch. That would be great! I can imagine how heart wrenching it is to see your family go out - even for something as simple as a walk on a spring evening - and you have to stay in. That stinks!! I have similiar situations and I am happy for the other people, but it gets me sad too.

I'm glad Dr. E is not giving up on you. Don't stop fighting. You will get better someday.

My house is a fixer-upper that I bought a few years ago. The outside is faded yucky brown so I painted it white. Looks great with a black roof and black shutters but I got sick when i was three quarters of the way around. No way am I climbing a 30' ladder!! So the back of my house is half-brown / half-white. My nieghbors have another reason to avoid me.

The inside isn't much better. My kids bedrooms just got finished a few months ago. My daughter now has a bedroom furniture (prior she had been sleeping on the mattress on the floor).

It just wasn't in the cards for me to get a dibilitaing disease.

So last night I forced myself to go to the library. My son has been gently reminding me for a week that he needed to go for school project. So I dragged myself there. I walked into the stacks a few times and folks did give me funny looks but I did it anyway. I got some books on geology (which I love) and I ordered 5 books on managing / coping / living with long term illness. They are coming in from another branch. I'll let folks know if any of them are helpful to me.

I can't afford any trips to Amazon right now. Someday .. but not right now.

I tried the Candida diet. I read The Yeast Connection. Good book. I did the diet for 30 days - and boy that was tough!! Unfortunately it didn't help me.

I suppose I can force myself to do one little thing a day - throw away a piece of junk mail from last month or put one shirt in a drawer. I'll give it a try.

I would LOVE to start a support group. I mentioned it to Dr. E once and she said that Lyme support groups are hard to get going because people don't feel well enough to show up. Good point I guess.

I also can't wait to recover so that I can help others. I have such a different view of life now. I could contact LLMD's and offer to help their patients; even if its just to visit. The Lyme Home Helpers?

I gotta go back to work -

I feel better after having talked to you guys. Thanks. You truly are angels on earth.

Peace and health to all.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:08 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Mickie,

I hate to see you feeling so down. Remember when we talked about not telling anybody that we were feeling better for fear of jinxing ourselves? I know that doesn't really happen but it sure makes you wonder. At least you did have some good days though and that gives you something to look forward to. You may feel as though you aren't getting anywhere but when I read your posts back a few months you really were making headway. I think it's the same old story that when you are finally able to do some "normal" stuff you can't handle the steps back no matter how small. You are dealing with some of those steps now plus the fear of having to go off the one med that seemed to be helping. As we have all told Marsha and Shanna in the past, one door closes and another opens. This may be door #2 (or whatever) for you and like the show "Let's Make a Deal" what's behind it may be better. We don't have a choice we have to try. Hang in there kid and those blue eyes and feet will be dancing again before you know it. By the way if I recommended a book I don't remember unless it was those tapes I talked about for sleeping. I will have to search my mind and try to remember. Also as far as bills go, I have just a regular not***** from the grocery store that I record all my payments in, each and every one of them. I have done this since were were married (37 years). I have columns for the check #, date, bill title, normal monthly payment and what's actually paid. I went to average billing on my utilities because it makes it easier to have the bill pretty much the same all year long. A month in advance I list the normal bills under that month's titel because some bills overlap into the next month. This way I can see what has been paid and what needs to be paid because sometimes you can misplace a bill or you just never get one. With money so tight I have been trying to pay the bill the day it comes in and if I can't pay it right then and there I make it out and put the date on the back of the envelope for when it has to be mailed to get there on time. We stick those bills by the front door under a piece of molding on the wall just enough to hold it in place. That way we always see it until it needs to be mailed. Ocassionally a bill will come in that gets misplaced but at least I know what's missing when I look in my book at the list of normal monthly bills. I also have a section for miscellaneous below the normal bills and that way I can see where my money went and any medical payments I highlight so it's easy to find for tax purposes at the end of the year. If you charge any medical bills you do have to keep track of that though. They do have not*****s with the pockets too. I keep my stamps and return labels in the pocket. I hope this helps. By the way if your company ever needs part-time people please think of Ronnie. He has been in the computer industry for 38 years and started out as a programmer when the term programmer was a new word. He just hates Home Depot after being in the high tech world for so long. I wish he could find some contract work to do at home.

Maureen

Dear GIGI,

Hello! We haven't met. Welcome to the boards. I think in another post you asked TML about the andrographis. I think it was you anyway. I don't know if he got the idea from Stehen Buhner's Healing Lyme book or not but since you are doing alternatives you might want to consider buying this book ($20) if you don't already have it. NC Girl recommended it some time ago and it is very layperson friendly. Mr Buhner is a master herbalist and wrote the book after much research and at the request of a doctor. He recommends many different herbs and thoroughly explains them so that you can understand the reason for taking them. He details co-infections and different effects of the disease on the body and why you take certain things. I wanted to go the natural route but after 5 years of this my husband was having something of a meltdown so we went to see Dr. Crist in Missouri (we are in Dallas) and I hope his plan will work for me. I have added the sarsaparilla Mr. Buhner recommends to Dr. Crist's protocol for me. I can't wait to see Dr. Crist again in July because he was very interested in the book and was going to order it. He would like to be more herbal literate to supplement his existing protocols. I have been on meds since Late October with nothing major showing yet but know this will be a long road after so many years of illness. For years I could pretty much function until the neuros who insisted I had MS doused me with 1,000 mg steroids a day for 4 days. When I ended up in the ER they stopped. It has been downhill ever since. I now have to use a walker to get around or the vertigo and lack of strength in my legs makes me fall. I, like you don't go anywhere unless necessary and that means to the doctor or a lab. I haven't driven in over a year and hope it will come back to me. I have felt lately that I could maybe go to Wal-Mart or Sam's and drive one of the little carts they provide (if my arthritic hands can move the controls) but would only go if it was in another town. I don't want to run into people who might see what I've become. Silly but true. I think part of this stems from the fact that we belonged to a small tight knit church and were very involved with a lot of things. More than most but less than some. I usd to see the pastor when he came to give communion and I kind of stopped that when a prayer chain went out for me and one woman in the church who has MS would call me and would not believe that wasn't my problem. I mean no matter what I said to dispute the MS theory she had a reason for why it was MS regardless. Misery loves company I guess. But my poor frame of mind couldn't handle it. This was long before a lyme diagnosis. Ronnie still went and did yardwork and ushered but when he started to work at Home Depot to pay for my medical care he couldn't go any longer. He had to work weekends. He is retired and this is not what he wanted to do but it is a necessity now. Anyway I have never heard from some members I thought I was closest too and did the most for myself when they needed help. This was very disappointing to say the least. And then to top it off I guess they are straightening out their membership and we got a letter from them asking if we still wanted to be members. This floored me and hurt my feelings to say the least after doing so much there. They are well aware of the problems here and I think it was awfully tacky to send a letter to somebody in our situation. Like I said at first I was hurt and now I am furious. Sorry to ramble just wanted to tell you that I understand the "avoiding" certain people.

Maureen

Dear Kim,

I figured I would just make this novel a little longer and say "hello". How are you feeling? Any improvement yet? I am sleeping "slightly" better and my hair is not falling out as badly as it once was. This is how the IV worked after a few weeks before they had to pull it. Maybe the orals just work a little slower. I hope, I hope, I hope. I guess the legs and arms will be the last to heal. I am like the others and wonder how you do it with little ones. We love to watch Ava when we can but it is a real chore. I would never try to walk with her since I can't even keep myself upright. She is now 6 months and rolls over and is getting on all fours. Now the fun begins. I know for sure I could never handle what you and frango are doing. Some day we will get over this and our families will be so surprised at our energy because I am afraid we will all be moving at the speed of light after being slugs for so long. I think this week I am going to put the Stress Yoga tape in that I got a few years ago and just watch it. Maybe tomorrow I can try some of it. Nobody will be here to see that I don't get it right. Hope you are having a good day.

Maureen

Old 04-27-2006, 10:53 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Maureen!!! Nice to see you on here...My HEART goes out to you so much...When I had to live by myself I started losing control of my arms..Then I moved in with my sweetie and boy am I glad that I did..beings I started losing my legs...That has been oh about 41/2 years ago and I am walking and using my arms now...Maureen you are sooooo very LUCKY to have a husband that stood by you with all of this..he is a angel to say the least...I always thought ...I KNEW WHAT JESUS FELT LIKE BEINGS HE WAS PERSUCUTED AND SCOFFED....hey think we all have seen that first hand also...well not as bad...but enough to know what it feels like...I understand also about staying away from people. After being through tooo many years of everyone telling me it was in my head. and that I complain about everything and I think I had everything now I stay to myself my 4 legged girls and my sweetie...I never use to be like this...maybe things will change for me..but for now it is what I need to do...TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND GOD BLESS!!!

Old 04-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Maureen
One of the hardest things I had to do was use the riding cart at Wal-Mart. But I did and I still do. If I see someone that is surprised, well, truthfully don't have to say much of anything. They don't usually want to bring it up. If they do, its a chance to get them lyme literate. I even park up front in the handicapped section. Unless Larry is driving and he will drop me at the door and park the car. He won't use the handicapped parking unless I really push him. I think he is embarrassed. But hey, I'm past that. I do what I have to do. Give it a try. Let me know how it goes.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 04-27-2006, 09:41 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi 6blues!!i totally understand your feeling, i feel it to....i think we all, but you know, like i know, like we know we wont give up the fight... i higly recomend you the book THE 3RD EYE by LOBSANG RAMPA is was given that book 1o years ago when i broke my leg and felt the most moserable person in the world, that book made a big change on me, made me realize and understand suffering, and that there are bigger sufferings out there, i highly recomend that book to everybody... is wrtitten by this amazing and true lama from tibet, he has like 15 book, all awesome, but that one is my favorite!! and i am sure everybody in this forum will love ir and learn a lot with this book! i believe after all, i am very lucky that at least i still can afford treatment, that i have food to eat, i have acess to internt to share with people, i can use my legs and hands, i can read... so many zillions in the world that feel awufull and have no money for anything, cant even afford a piece of food and have kids...cant sleep at nght because of bombings, have lost most of their families... have their child killed..there all always someone with more sufferng than us..at least i can still battle..what about those zillions put there that cant..
dont give up!!! please, read that book, you will adore it! and will give you more strenght!!
big hug!

Last edited by brid; 04-27-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:06 AM   #15
(female)

lymiesarah HB User

i am pretty sure i got "when bad things happen to good people" from the library and after just a page or two, i put it down... it just made me angry. i am not sure why.... basically i just says that it is not gods fault if you are suffering, it is just the way the world is, he didn't make it bad for you and he isn't making it good for you either, it just IS.

how convenient.

pfff, maybe i am just angry in general... people always thank god for the good stuff in life and then when it comes to the bad stuff they say he had no part in it. who knows why we suffer... maybe Sylvia brown is right, maybe this is hell that we are in right now and no matter who we are, when we die, we all have peace. i can say for certain that there have been many times that this disease has made me feel like i was in hell... being punished for god knows what.

and a side note HELLO GIGI... i see you are from Howell, NJ... that is my hometown. and most definitely where i got my Lyme from. i always regret now how much time i spent at the reservoir.

Last edited by lymiesarah; 04-28-2006 at 12:09 AM.

Closed Thread