It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
tightness in chest and lightheadedness

I am still waiting for my bloodwork results. I am on treatment for lyme right now. The past two weeks, I have noticed that I'm getting a lot of tightness in my chest, and a lot more lightheaded. The tightness feels like my ribcage is not wanting to work or expand while I'm breathing. Is this a symptoms of lyme. I've had all of the heart testing done, and my heart is supposedly okay. I feel like I'm going to pass out. My family doctor says it's just reflux, and put me on Protonix. He doesn't believe I have lyme. Of course I'm seeing a llmd now to that my family doctor doesn't know about.
Also, my husband talked to a doctor yesterday, here in SC, about lyme. He said that SC does not have lyme, because there are lizards that keep lyme from being transported. That's bull, because I have personally found out about 5 people right in my area that have it. It's amazing how doctors have no clue about this stuff. If they would just take the time to study, and find out. Anyway, please let me know about the above. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User
Re: tightness in chest and lightheadedness

Mark, my son used to have this A LOT!!! Sometimes he would really freak out about it, and not be able to breathe. Other times, he would refuse to move, one time, wouldn't get out of the car, b/c it hurt so much...he just cried and paniced, asked me to take him to the hospital.

This was pretty far into our hell, and I knew what to do...

--breathing, lots of deep claming breaths
--get him on the massage table, on his back, and work his arms straight out to the sides, and then further down, as to open up the chest. I would talk him down, use really good eucalyptus oil to breathe in deep, etc..
--when that didn't work enuf, I would do a hot bath with epsom salt and peroxide
--ibuprofen
--passion flower(a good antispasm and calming herb)
--and then just tell him he needed rest. We'd watch a movie to take his mind off it, and it usually would pass with one of these things.

--his ribs would get very, very sore as well, and these measures I used with that too.
I never could really tell, b/c he was so young, if it was real shortness of breath, or just being afraid to breathe bc of pain.

Whenever symptoms would worsten, we would do almost all of our detox measures, and sometimes use benadryl. It's weird how it works, but it stops the bodies hypersensistive response to the disease just like it does an allergy. Worked well for him when he was bad.

Hope this helps!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
(female)

wmjsease HB User

Thank you. It will help. I hate that he went through that, but now I know I'm not alone. I haven't done any of the detoxing yet. I probably need to, but I wouldn't know where to start. I'll study on it, and find out. Again thanks for the advice.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

I just wrote some stuff in another thread today about what we did. I also have lots of threads on it about two years ago, but not sure if they're there still. Lots of info on it on the www tho. Good luck. I was a detoxing NUT...but my son is cured, so I swear by it!

Old 06-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Oh wjmsease, of course its just reflux. What's wrong with you - don't you kow reflux when you have it?

I cannot believe a medical professional would say lightheadedness and chest constriction are reflux! Are they crazy?

I am so sorry to hear about this chest thing and the lightheadedness . That stinks.

I like laurie's suggestions. She's the resident queen of detox and she knows her stuff. She probably knows more than the doctors.

I haven't had any symptoms like you are describing but they sure sound scary - not being able to fill up your chest to breathe. I'm glad your heart is OK.

The only positive thing I can say is that things come and go when you are fighting Lyme. It sounds like you have the critters on the run. They are trying to hide. Invading your chest muscles and your brain. You can't let them. You will get through this and beat this disease.

You can do it and we're all here to go through it with you.

Do you have folks around who can help you, maybe draw up a detox bath for you or make you a cup of passion flower tea?

As far as this doctor's comments on Lyme in South Carolina being kept at bay by LIZARDS ... is he insane??

I get so insensed when I hear dumb things come out of the mouths of professionals. LIZARDS?? Thats got to be the #1 ignorant Lyme comment ever. sheesh.

"Oh, there is no Lyme disease in New Jersey. The stench of the turnpike keeps the ticks away."

My sis lives in Charleston on Daniel Island. Its so beautiful in SC, you are lucky.

Hang in there and I hope these symptoms pass soon.

Peace and health and easy breathing to you.

Last edited by 6Blues; 06-08-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:06 PM   #6
(female)

wmjsease HB User

Thank you for the reply. Yes my husband said that he talked to a doctor who went to a seminar about lyme disease in SC and said that we do not have it in this area. Supposedly lizards are keeping it at bay here. Go Figure. Craziest thing I've heard to but it is a few articles about it on Google. I typed in lyme disease and lizards and it did come up with some stuff about it, but I don't believe any of it. Just some hogwash that some lyme illiterate doctors came up with. Yes SC is beautiful. I actually don't live close to the Charleston part. I'm more towards NC. Only about 2 1/2 hours from Jemsek. Anyway, thanks for the info. I will try the detox stuff.
Wendy

actually i typed in lizards that kill lyme disease on google

Last edited by wmjsease; 06-08-2006 at 01:15 PM.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
(female)

janetclarkson HB User

Hi everybody,

Just thought I'd do a quick chip in here as I have also been given the "we don't have lyme disease here" lecture.

Have these people never heard of "travelling"? Do they always stay within the same town, state or country? I shouldn't think so, so why do they always assume that the rest of the population is static?

Also, I understand that lions have a habit of killing antelope, but it doesn't mean that antelope no longer exist. So I can't see the validity of the lizard arguement.

Illogical mindsets or what!

Janet

Last edited by janetclarkson; 06-09-2006 at 08:23 AM.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Lions probably only kill antelope in Africa. If the lions and antelope were to go on vacation and there were dead anteleope then surely something else probably must have killed them

Old 06-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #9
(female)

duchessblue HB User

Hi,

Tightness in the chest was the first symptom I had. It feels like there is a very large elephant sitting on my chest. The pain started right in the center and then began to radiate around the sides to my back. At first my doc thought is was an arthritis in the joints and put me on steriods that destroyed my stomach which landed me in the ER the first time. They thought acid reflux too! Idiots! Had the same treatment of protonix and the first of a long line of pain meds and neurotransmitters drugs. Have been to the cardiologist, rheumatologist, pulmonologist and neurologist... none of them have an explanation for the pain. I also have developed pain throughout my joints and entire body over the past year with a steady decline in my health and a couple more hospital visits with the only pain med that really works... dilauded... morphine times ten! My primary doc put me on doxycycline when I brought in about 50 pages of research on Lyme disease. My blood test did come back negative for Lyme but the tests are not conclusive all my symptoms Among the pain and others including muscle seizures, cold sweats, etc. all are on the list for Lyme. My doc is open and although I live in AZ and "we don't have lyme here" baloney he is continuing the abx, and we are looking to increase the dosages or mix in something else as I haven't had any progress on the treatment yet. All this to say... don't give up... there are docs out there that will listen... lyme is everywhere... I have just started trying the detox treatments that have been recommended by others. I'll let you know what happens. Please post if you find anything that relieves the pain and pressure in the chest.

"I see the power of the universe supporting me"

Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

When I get the intense chest wall spasms and I know they are not reflux. I have found that a bottle of nitroglicerin will help. It helps calm the chest and heart muscles.
If need be I take them about 15 minutes apart and up to 5-6 a night. I think my is caused by irritants in my case septra DS whcih is a sulfa drug and I have never been able to take sulfa drugs. It can cause a headache, but I almost always have a lyme headache and have not had the nitro headaches. You might discuss this with your doctor. Prayrs...Marsha

Old 06-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
(female)

wmjsease HB User

thank you all for the advice. It has finally subsided a little. I actually felt like going to my daughters dance recital rehearsal today, and a little shopping. My husband had to drive though due to me not being able to drive from being so lightheaded. I pray that I get through the recital tomorrow. I'm going long enough to see her ( she's number 4), and them I'm coming home. Can't stand to be in a crowd anymore. I'll keep in touch

Old 06-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #12
(male)

arg HB User

Hi I just joined this forum,
I also have the tightness sometimes with pain ; AlsoI have lightheadness/
dizziness and actual fainting. I had a tilt table test and it was abnormal.
Cardiogenic hypotension is the DX. This happens when the brain sends the wrong info. to the blood vesesels , to dialate instead of constrict.Blood then pools in your legs . The brain is deprived of blood which causes the dizziness and sometimes fainting.
I also had an abnormal " Brain stem evoked response" This is a problem with the brain stem or ear or both. Brain stem infection is most likely the cause.
Other abnormal tests were, Low renin, Low Aldosterone,Low citrate.
The Pituitary and kidney are involved most likely infection from lyme and or coinfections. My current lyme tests show 6 bands possitive on the W.B.
I don't know if this helps any?

Old 06-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #13
(female)

wmjsease HB User

Thank you. Is there anything that can be done for the lightheadedness, or will it eventually go away when the lyme gets better?

Old 06-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #14
(male)

arg HB User

Hi wmjseasewmjsease ,There is so much to say about the dizziness etc.
We have 5 lyme groups in this area and 5 or more LLDs. so the information I've collected is alot ,some of which is not available.
The dizziness prevents me from sitting at the computer for very long so I would have to send you info a little at a time.
This gos for anyone else who might want info. also
I'm new to this forum and I'm having a difficult time with it so if you want,
email me direct at [email]REMOVED[/email].

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-12-2006 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Closed Thread