It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User
I need some energy!!

I really need some suggestions on how to get some energy. I feel like everything has been drained from my body. I have two young kids and summer is here. I desperatly want to be my old self again. Anyone have any suggestions of some boosters that works for them like ensure or something along that line.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:12 AM   #2
(female)

mesmall HB User
Re: I need some energy!!

Hi Purplegirl,

I have found that a high protein diet helps tremendously.I don't mean just meat,but just cut back on carbs and sugar.As soon as I slip and go back to my old eating habits(chips,soda,sweets etc.)I go into an energy slump!

Mesmall

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I know the feeling! The best thing for me so far has been "Total Mitochondria" by Nutriwest. It puts ATP back in the body, which is the cells energy. It also is a good idea to make sure that your thyroid and adrenals are working well. I do take support for both of them and I get very tired if I forget those supplements.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Last edited by sleeperwoken; 06-13-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi purplpiegirl. Good to hear from you but sorry that you are having issues with fatigue.

I am having trouble too. Tiredness, well, you can sleep and rest and feel better. But this fatigue ... oh boy! I sleep for 9 or 10 hours and still feel like a wet sponge.

Karen: Thank you so much for the reminder about the ATP stuff. I've been meaning to ask you about it. I will order some with my next paycheck.

Have a nice day guys!

Old 06-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Hi Purplepiegirl

I hear you about the lack of energy. Sometimes just walking across the room is a challenge.

My kids are counting down the days until summer and I am trying not to stress. They are very active and I can't even begin to keep up with them.

I am taking some supplements to boost my immune system. I just started taking a protein powder in my oatmeal in the am, and sometimes making a shake with it in the afternoon. Just started so don't know if it works.

The best time of the day is usually after dinner(protein) even though I try to have protein at lunch also (tofu or chicken on my salad).

Old 06-13-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
(female)

purplepiegirl HB User

Thank you everyone!

Lymegirl- My kids love to go to the pool so Im lucky and I get to just lounge and play lifegaurd. Im actually looking forward to the not getting up in the a.m and having the morning ritual. It takes alot out of me.

6blues- That is the best way to discribe it a wet sponge. For me it isnt so much tired as it is stamina. I can barely fold a basket of laundry or do simple chores without feeling shaky and weak.

Sleepwoken-Im very interested. where can I find Total Mitochondria?

Mesmall- I think a low carb diet is what threw me out of "remission" from lyme. Well, actually I lost 32lbs and then slowely went back to a normal diet and all H*ll broke loose! Maybe I will try to go back on. I barely eat as it is though.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Oleda Veggi Capsules.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:08 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

You can get nutriwest products from any doctor who supplies nutriwest, or you can get ATP in the health food store under a different brand.

Nutriwest does not sell directly to the public, so you have to hook up with one of their suppliers, they only supply to doctors. It's not hard to find someone though. You don't have to be a patient of theirs to get the products, that's just how they do it I guess. I order mine on the internet and get it in the mail and it's not a hassle.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:45 AM   #9
(female)

janetclarkson HB User

Just thought I'd mention that i have just had blood taken to test my mitochondrial function, and expect the results in two weeks.

They do three different tests to identify where the energy blockages are, and if necessary, prescribe supplements to make up for what your system is lacking.

I will post the results when I get them.

Closed Thread