It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User
oh my, oh my, I'm flying high!

No Marsha, I haven't figured out a way to sleep yet

But today was an incredible miracle for me, a dream come true.

6 years ago I saw an article in our paper about horses being used as therapy for children with disabilites. Now I have worked with children since I was in High School, and I was one of those little girls that never outgrew her love of horses. I decided that when I retired this is what I wanted to volunteer for. It just seemed like a perfect match.

Well, I never got to retire, just had to leave being so ill. But today I got to see my dream come true. Six months ago Mike and I drove to a park along a creek where we could take a short walk in the woods. I decided to copy down the directions (I'm not very good at directions) just because I thought I should, and it turns out the stable I volunteered at was just past this park!! One of those incredible miracles. And..... I DROVE MYSELF THERE!! No big deal to some people, but when I was having those zappy seizures I wasn't sure I would ever drive again. So today I found myself volunteering for a riding stable that only works with disabled people. I got to walk the horses, work with the students, remove harness', and be a spotter with people on the horse. Next time I get to brush the horses and learn to clean their hoofs and put on harness'. I am so pumped. This is an incredible dream come true for me. I am only going to do this once a week as I still have those off days and I so want to be reliable again.

This is supposed to be therapy for the children, but I am the one that it is an incredible therapy for.

AND........my second dream was to take horseback riding lessons. One of the trainers there had her horse stabled down the road at a place where they give horseback riding lessons and you can even lease a horse. She is getting me a business card. And I am going to take lessons I can hardly believe all of this - I am flying so high here - this is just so incredible. To see where I was a year ago and to see where I am now, you wouldn't even recognize me. I still have a ways to go in this battle, but when I am done I have a feeling that I won't even recognize me anymore

I am so looking forward to that day - a new, improved, and much wiser me.

Can't wait, can't wait. You all are the first people I have told. Mike is in Alaska so he doesn't know. Maybe next week I will send an e-mail to family and friends, but for now I just want to savor this.

And I knew you would all understand what a miracle this is for me.

today I am flying high.

Miracles are everywhere if we just keep looking hard enough.

Jeanne

Last edited by wackowoman; 06-21-2006 at 05:12 PM. Reason: addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: oh my, oh my, I'm flying!

Jeanne
Tears of happiness for you dear one. What a miracle come true. I know it will be good for you and the kids. Can't wait to hear about next week. And bareback at that. I can't even ride. Have never been on a horse. What an inspiration you are to all of us.

Prayers...Marsha

Old 06-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
(female)

chocolatesprinkle HB User

Oh sweetie, so so happy for you . . . ! !

Old 06-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi jeanne.. congratulations!!!!!!!!!! i am so happy for you!!!you go girl!!!!! and thats only the begginig!!! cheerssssssssssssssssss

Last edited by brid; 06-21-2006 at 10:26 PM.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:54 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

LacySea HB User

Hi Jeanne,

What a beautiful story! I am so happy for you and I do believe this is a Miracle in every which way. Sounds like you have suffered for such a long time and now the Sun is shining on you.

I had a different type of miracle happen to me a few days ago, I have an older sister who I have not talked to for over 5 years and now we are talking again. I never thought that was possible.

It all happened because right before my Mother went in 2 days ago for a Hip Replacement Operation, my Mom called me up and asked me if I wanted to swim in her pool with my doggie. So I took my dog and we went over. Instead of my dog running into the pool like he usually does, he spotted my sister's 2 dogs and I followed him. My sister was standing there and I said "hello" and we started to talk like nothing had ever happened. Next thing I know, all 3 dogs are swimming in the pool!

It was beautiful. I do believe in miracles and it made my Mom so happy to see her daughters talking again, right before her operation which was a huge success.

Lacy

Old 06-22-2006, 04:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smyle HB User

Hi Jeanne:

What a wonderful story, you give me hope... please keep us up to date on how this goes.

Frango

Old 06-22-2006, 06:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

YIPPIEEEEEEEE......RIDE EM COWGIRL!!!! Oh Jeanne this is a wonderful day for you!!!! It feels wonderful I know to beable to give back again after all of this mess....

You are a SHINING STAR

I was raised on horses up until I was 13 ...sure miss riding them...and smelling them...and the children are soooooo very blessed to have you in their lives!!!!

We all need to take those baby steps!!! You go cowgirl

Big Hugs to YOU!!!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

"WOW" Mrs WOW
That is just so cool you have cheared me right up, im so pleased for you, and thank you for sharing your dreams, horses are such beauty. i relay am speachless. or letterless

Jules big congrates HUG ((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))

Old 06-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Dear Jeanne,

I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. I am smiling from ear to ear when I think of how big your heart and soul are full of joy.

You deserve this!

More peace and health to you my friend.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

wackowoman HB User

I knew you all would be so supportive - that's why I came here first. I am sitting here smiling - cowgirl! Oh how much fun.

As usual Jules you made me laugh with your wonderful sense of humor.

Lacy - that is a miracle indeed. Three dogs swimming in a pool, tallking to a sister you haven't spoken with in years, and your mom's surgery was a success.

blessings, blessings everywhere.

Today was a really sad day for me. I had to have one of my ducks put down. Silly I know, she was only a duck, but she was a pet. She was a big white peking and she would come running when I called her and eat out of my hand. Her legs gave out on her and she was using her wings to get around and it was chewing up her chest and her wings and tummy were bleeding. Couldn't take it anymore watching her. I sat in the vet's office with tears streaming down my face. I brought her home and buried her. Lot's of tears. so all your support was extra special today.

jojo,

Did you live on a farm or did you have a stable? I always wanted to have a horse, but growing up in the suburbia of LA didn't allow for horses. so this time is extra special for me.

micky, frango, marsha, brid, chocolate sprinkles, thanks for all being there. I always know I can count on you all

Jeanne

Jeanne

Last edited by wackowoman; 06-22-2006 at 03:36 PM. Reason: add

Old 06-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hey Cowgirl!!!!! I am sending you a big hug...so sad about your goose...Oh now it is not silly that it touched your heart like this...something that brought you those Smiles on your face and brightened your heart...I know it hurts...so so sorry...I went through something similar like that this week also...Just didn't have little Jake around real long but sure sat and cried when he went to Blue Jay heaven in my hands...My akita pup...10months old found little Jake in the back yard last week...and I got little Jake away from Lea...then little Jake got loose and a cat tried getting him...and i saved him from the cat....the next day little Jake tried flying off of the deck and fell on his back...the next morning he went away in my hands....It's hard when we try saving something and it just wasn't meant to be...

Yes I was raised up around horses....I loved my child hood...I was a little baby and put up on horses...Up until my parents divorced when I was 13...after that no more fun in the country...But now I am back in the ummm...on 1/2 acre..but can't have horses here but I do volunteer at the animal shelter walking the dogs and handling the kitties...yesterday the kennel manager started dog training ...so I am helping with the training of one of the dogs out there...yesterday I also brought home a young cockerspaniel that had been used for breeding purposes only...so I am fostering her also...

Lyme took away alot of me for so long...that it is a good feeling to give back as much as we can...What a wonderful miracle that you are able to work with the children and horses Jeanne...I am sure it will help in your recovery!!

Hope you will feel better in a few days after losing your baby goose friend...Look for those other miracles around you

big Hugs!!!!!!

Last edited by jojo; 06-22-2006 at 03:52 PM.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Jeanne
I feel your loss with you. I think we all do. Whether its a goose or fish, it is still our baby. Prayers....Marsha

Closed Thread