It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 06:22 AM   #1
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
Red, swollen achy face..contemplating switching from Bowen to IngeneX..

I woke up this morning with the cheeks of my face very red, inflammed,swollen and painful. It almost feels like a really bad sunburn but I haven't been in the sun. At this point I am wondering if it is from a medication I was given yesterday for my surgery, if it is the doxy, the Lyme or what. Would you guys be concerned? I thought about taking some benedryl to see it that helps.

On another note, I've read some on here about Bowen and now I am not sure I want to pursue that route. I'm thinking that IngeneX is more reliable. I tried to call Dr. Swami's office this morning but they are closed until Monday. I really wanted to find out all about my blood work results and inquire about switching labs and ask about my face. Dr. Swami gives out his home number so I guess if I get desperate I can call him.

Do you guys feel like when life is hard it is really hard?? Yesterday I had my surgery. Other than my counselor calling I got no phone calls from family or friends asking about the surgery, making sure I was dead or alive. Do you know how that makes me feel? I wanted to cry all day yesterday. I have a lot of friends but I know that they get caught up in their own lives and forget about me. Plus my 4 boys are fighting and arguing. My 13 year old is going to be the death of me. Our bills are behind. We actually had our electricty cut off this week for 1 day. We have never, ever had this happen to us before. It was just horrible. I know I am whining and feeling sorry for myself and hope you all understand.

Thanks for reading.

Cindy

PS. One more thing, how do I find out the costs involved with IngeneX? Do I have to overnight the blood for delivery on Monday through Thursday? Thanks again.

Last edited by cindyx4; 06-30-2006 at 06:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

dianneom HB User
Re: Red, swollen achy face..contemplating switching from Bowen to IngeneX..

IgeneX will send you a test kit but your dr. should have one to give you. My dr. also had a price list. Fedex comes with the kit.
I don't know if you need a test number to ask a price but you can call.

Last edited by dianneom; 06-30-2006 at 07:32 AM.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
(female)

cindyx4 HB User

Thanks Dianne. Do you know if you get preliminary results in 48 hours like you do with Bowen?

Cindy

Old 06-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #4
(female)

dianneom HB User

Takes 10 days to 2 weeks.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
Veteran

ciconner HB User

Hi Cindy,

Try to cheer up. Maybe your friends think you are resting after surgery and giving you a little time before they check in on you. Hope you feel better.

Cathy

Closed Thread