It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

desperate girl HB User
this is it

Hello,
I'm soo glad i 've found this website. although i've been posting in the :general health" section, i noticed it has a whole section for lyme ...HI TICKER. i found some of your posts here, i'm happy to have you around me, you hve been really helplful!
So , i think i do have lyme. all the symptoms i 've been having , everything matches. It hit me today. i can't stop crying eversince.
You know ,i tell you something,. i lost my my to breast cancer 3 yars ago, my sister got really sick atthe age of 12 (porbably it was tick-borne illness, her face got paralyized she almost died. She is 32 atlhough she isn't the same, her face is still a little droopy on one side she's had several operations already.
and NOw it's me. i might be going down the same path as she did, i don't know, what i know is that i'm soo unlucky with everything.
The bite i realized must have been the one on my hip. it looked like a pimple it was white in the middle, but after all the searches i guess i got the southern tick associated rash illness. i think...........i tried to squeeze it a bout 3 weeks ago but couldn't do it so i left as it is and then it become worse, then come all the symptoms, stiff neck, rashes, chills, fever headache.
how would i know if it 's too late to have it cured?? i'm taking doxy now fvor ten days, but for sure i'm going to see dr. Horovitz in hyde park.
but could it be that it's too late since i had that on me for at least 3 weeks...? i guess it is late.....can i get any permanent demage?? my leg stating to hurt on and off for a few hours a day lik from knee to ankle. i guess it wiill get worse, right? im such a mess.
how much is a treatment in a lyme lab, anyone knows?? i don't have insurance....thanks.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-12-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User
Re: this is it

Hi,

Sorry you are ill.

Dr. H is a wonderful doctor. you would certainly be in good hands with him.

There are people who have had Lyme for many years and recovered, however it is far more difficult to treat once it has disseminated. If it is caught and treated aggressively enough early on this can be avoided.

Testing through a reputable lab such as Igenex can be anywhere around the range of $200-$300 dollars, or more depending on how many and which tests are run.

Good luck, there really is good help available you just have to be very pushy and persistant.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi desperate girl. I came to check on your post and found you here! I am glad you posted on the Lyme board. Thanks for your kind words

Your infection is early. If you have Lyme disease, getting the proper treatment now gives you an excellent chance of eradicating it. The sooner you can get the proper treatment the better. I am very sorry about the health problems in your family. If your sister may have this too, you will be able to help her get the help she needs.

I hope you can get in contact with Dr. H. in Hyde Park. Unfortunately, it can be expensive. After you see him, if he thinks you have Lyme or another infection he will prescribe meds for you to take. You do not need to get treated at his office. You go to the office for an appointment. If you think your sister may have this, maybe she could go also?

Hang in there okay? Good help is available.

Last edited by ticker; 07-01-2006 at 12:58 PM.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #4
(female)

desperate girl HB User

Thank You All! How Can You Tell If It Is Disseminated Or Not???? I Know The Doctor Will Probably Take Some Test, But Will He Be Able To Tell Or Can I Tell By Symptoms If It Is Disseminated????thank You.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Welcome to the lyme board.
I hope you get answers soon. A LLMD is the best one to give you the answers. You have a excellent chance of beating this. I do believe you have caught it early. You are on meds which is really good.

We can all understand the desperate in your name. We're here to help you any way we can. It helps to know others understand what you are going thru. You will be in my prayers.

Marsha

Old 07-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #6
(female)

desperate girl HB User

what aaare the signs that someone would be in the early stages???????? this is very important for me to know, please answer. thanks everybody

Old 07-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

Disseminated Lyme is latter stage Lyme. That means that it has spread throughout the body. If you don't already have 'Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease and Other Tick-Borne Diseases' by Karen Vanderhoof-Forschner, I would strongly recommend it. I have found it to be an invaluable resource. It would also be a good idea to contact a local Lyme support group as they can be excellent sources for support and information.

The earlier it is detected after the tickbite the better. I don't know that there is a specific amount of time for dissemination to occur, but it is much easier to treat if it is either caught right away or else within at least a few months of the initial infection.

It is harder to treat later, and may take months or years of treatment, but by no means impossible. I know of people who have had it for years and have made full recoveries. A certain amount remains in the body and so one has to take extra care to stay healthy and take good care of themselves, but that is a sensible thing to do even if one dosen't have Lyme. I have had it for years, and even now with the right medication I am getting better. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't get better. To anyone who says it is impossible, I say BULLS**T!!!

Last edited by TINUVIEL; 07-01-2006 at 09:36 PM.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi desperate girl and welcome.

I have nothing specific to add, just hello!

The book "Everything You Need To Know ..." is worth the trip to the library. I learned a lot from it.

Peace and health to you.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Hi, and Welcome:

As Ticker (our Momma Lymie) said, you appear to have it early if you do. Some of us have had it 15 years and we're functioning, so try to relax a bit, (stress is bad for any illness) and handle what you can.

The LLMD's don't usually take insurance, and their first exam (which takes a long time getting the history and sorting out your symptoms) usually has to be paid at the time of visit. You'll be sent to a Lab for blood tests they've ordered and depending on your symptoms (as well as being reinforced by the blood test results hopefully) medication will be ordered.

I believe there's a thread at the beginning of the page that tells about applying to Pharmaceutical Companies if you don't have money for meds. Don't hesitate to use it! (if it's not there, ask Ticker - she knows all...LOL)
The best thing you can do for yourself is to treat the disease as soon as possible and as thoroughly as possible. There are many co-infections to the disease too, so you have be calm and persistent. Write things down!

We're here for you-I'm having deep Brain Fog today, but I think what I've written is pretty accurate....someone else can check it and offer advice..

Last edited by outinthe_woods; 07-02-2006 at 04:55 PM.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
(female)

desperate girl HB User

THANK YOU ALL FOR "WELCOMING" ME, although it would be better to meet you guys somewhere else....
i'll call dr. Horovitz tomorrow and realllllly hope i can get an appointment nextweek. Do u think i can get an appointment soon, or the waiting list is long. i don't know how it works.
and also if i have i mean had the rash for a few days 10 spots here and there is that considered dissamenated?????????????
please answer soon. best

Old 07-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi desperate girl. If the doctor is booked up, make an appointment but ask to be notified if anyone cancels. This may help you get in sooner.

Your infection is early, this is good news. Please try not to worry okay? You are doing everything right by going to see a knowledgeable doctor.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #12
(female)

desperate girl HB User

Dear Ticker,
I've been missing you lately. :-) Thanks for helping me and everybody is really nice on this board.
I call the doctor first thing in the morning. what really bothers me is that if i don't get an appointment soon and i finish up my medication then i'll be without it and that might not be a good sign.What am i going to do if there's no appointment and by thursday i'll have no medication. There's gonna be a gap which might not be good.........
Ticker, you might be able to answer my question. What makes you think that i'm at early stage? i already had the rash is'nt that a sign of late stage?????????
hope you can answer. all the best to everyone,
p.s. i'm pretty bad when it comes to illness.....can't tolerate anything and pretty inpatient........as you can tell by now:-) hope ticker or someone can answer my million dollar question. thanks.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi desperate girl. When you call the doctor's office, tell them your situation and that your meds will run out on Thursday. Maybe they can get you in and/or prescribe something for you to take until your appointment.

If all this started a couple of weeks ago, it is likely that your infection is early.

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes okay?

Old 07-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

The rash is one of the earliest symptoms, (for the record, many people with Lyme disease never get a rash). Be sure to photograph the rash for documentation and include an object in the picture (such as a coin, etc.) that would indicate the size of the rash via comparison.

In the meantime if you can't get medication, try taking a supplement called Host Defense by New Chapter. This is an herbal immune booster, and while it is not a substitute for medication it can help keep things under control until you can get in to see someone. In fact, you can take it along with meds too.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:56 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Take pictures if you can of the spots with a coin or some kind of measuring tool near it.....LLMD's tend to be well booked up as they take quite a bit of time with their patients, but I hope you will be able to get an appointment with Dr. Horowitz soon. Good Luck!

Closed Thread