It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

duchessblue HB User
Horribly ill today and Social security appt

Hello all,

Today has had to have been one of the worse days I've had yet. I just want to curl up and die... the pain is excruciating and I feel so, so horribly ill. On top of it I had an appt today for my social security disability claim... I thought it was a medical exam and it turned out to be a psych eval... I was in tears just trying to get ready to go... so when I get there I am already a basket case and then have to talk about all the things this illness has taken away from me... work, friends, ability to shower... cook meals for my family... it has just been so awful and then she asks me if I have been depressed!!! Well DUH!!! I was a vibrant, outgoing, social butterfly and now I have been in bed and a wheelchair for almost a year. It all just sucks... sorry... I had to vent to someone who understood and I know you guys do.

"I see the power of the universe supporting me"

Old 07-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User
Re: Horribly ill today and Social security appt

Very sorry to hear this. You sound like you feel with this further then I have. But I wasn't far from where your at. I hope for fast healling and it will come in time.

The antibiotics do work but take time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Horribly ill today and Social security appt

Bless your heart Duchess....I have read so many people not being able to get SSD...guess I was one of the lucky ones....I was put right on it...My evaluation went like yours...geezzzz....I just sat there and cried and cried and cried....I lost my job, a baby, my friends, my husband, my house...MY LIFE! Couldn't remember things when I was talking to her...so I am sorry that you had such a awful day....but one way to look at it....it might of been a blessing...just for that fact that they saw how you truly get....Sorry I had to giggle or the "gee I guess your depressed" What chronically ill person isn't? hang in there sweetie....keep fighting...how long have you been ill? And how long on the med's? What are you taking? I do pray that you will start recoverying quickly....Kick that lyme in the butt

Closed Thread