It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
Feeling very emotional..

Hello everyone,

I'm posting this here because I think you guys can understand what I am feeling. Today has been a very stressful day for me. I hosted my sister-in-laws baby shower this afternoon. The problem was that I just had surgery last week and was not supposed to walk. Well, that just didn't happen today. So, on top of being overwhelmed with the shower, I walked on my fot the whole day and now it is hurting and my ankle leg is swelling. I then came home, read an e-mail from a friend whom I think I offended. I was teasing him about a personal matter Nd I think he took me seriously. I am just feeling very sad, very emotional and want to just cry. I got frustrated with myself today when people would ask me questions and I couldn't come up with the response. It was like the more overwhelmed I got the more my brain didn't work.

Anyway, this is nothing important...more of a rant. I think I need to have a good cry and then crawl into bed, nurse my foot and my emotions, and be nice to myself.

Thanks so much for reading.

Cindy

Old 07-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User
Re: Feeling very emotional..

Oh, can we relate to those days! And, yes, getting overtired or working too hard mentally (planning the shower, watching it beginning to end, etc) on top of perhaps hurting your friend's feelings makes you feel dreadful.

Maybe you can communicate back with your friend and let him know you were having a "Lyme Day" and apologize if you didn't put what you said quite correctly....

Keep your feet up (raised above your heart for a while), drink fluids and watch the salt intake....

"This too shall pass".....just have to watch how much you can realistically take on.......Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 05:22 AM   #3
(female)

cindyx4 HB User

Thanks so much gerribear. I did talk to my friend last night and he laughed at me. He said he was not upset with me at all. The problem is that we were communicating via e-mail and I don't always know the tone people are using. Given who I am I always assume the worst!

Anyway, I am feeling much better. I took on the baby shower when in reality I probably shouldn't have. I'm going to have a very restful day lying in bed.

Thank you again for responding and understanding how I was feeling.

Cindy

Old 07-09-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

YW, Cindy. "Been there, done that"....

Old 07-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi Cindy.

Glad you're feeling better.

I've done that also. Sometimes I can clearly see how I bring stress on myself - but other times I get "emo" for no good reason.

In the grocery store my daughter turned to me and asked "Mom, what do we need?". My response was to burst out crying.

I started bawling my eyes out while watching videos on CMT.

Last winter I spilled a bowl of soup in my lap and sat crying. I couldn't move to clean myself, just sat there crying.

Last week, my daughter was sweeping the stairs (lots of bits of cat litter accumulate there) and I started crying and begged her to stop. For some reason, the sound bothered me so badly - I couldn't stand it.

Anyway, enough about me.

Take it easy today. Rest that foot!!!

Try to treat yourself as you would treat a friend in your same situation.

Hang in there baby!

Old 07-10-2006, 07:45 AM   #6
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

I can relate! Went to see my 12 year old son this past weekend at camp. He is gone for 6 weeks and when we left I was a mess. My Son handled it bettr than me! The Lyme just seems to magnify everything. Good luck and hang in there. SROCC20655

Closed Thread