It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User
Just an Update...

Hi All -

Well the last few weeks have been a challenge getting back in the swing of things with work. There has been quite a bit of stress assessing if I have landed in the best place for me.

I had been off of antibiotics for almost two months and was feeling pretty good when some little symptoms started to creep back in. Some were vision issues with adjustment to light and seeing dark circles in my field of vision after looking away from the light.

There were some gastro issues and acid reflux - back on the antibiotics and with in three days the acid reflux is improving...

So I am hanging in there but it is just really hard. I have been having my days of frustration where I am just sick of dealing with the reality that life is different now...even if I were completely well I am a different person now...I am grateful for the most part except that it creates friction where I once just gave in to certain situations even if they were not the best circumstances...I can't do that anymore which is good but now I have to deal with the fall out of that.

Well - tomorrow's another day and hopefully I will be out of this funk. It is just sometimes such a struggle...I want to just flow and glide through life...and when I have this monkey of lyme and tbi's on my back it feels like I can never just relax

Take care and I hope you all are having better days and have better attitudes then I have had lately.

Truth and Light,
NCgirl88

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #2
(male)

Lymekicker HB User
Re: Just an Update...

Hey there ncgirl88! You actually sound like you're dealing pretty well with everything that's going on with you. You sound like a very solid person and you'll get through everything just fine How long had you been on the antibiotics before you quit for a couple months? I'm going to start my new dose of 400mgs of doxy tomorrow(up from 200mgs the past two months) and I hope my body deals with it okay. I sure wish I knew approximately how long I'm going to have to take them!! Anyway, it sounds like you're on the downhill side of this crummy disease and you'll kick it soon. So hang in there,chin up and all that stuff and don't forget to laugh and smile!!! M.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi NCgirl88.

Its always great to hear from you.

Sorry to hear that the little stupid symptoms crept back. No fair!

So which abx did you go back on? How long do you think you'll stay on it?

Don't be too hard on yourself. You've really come a long way. Be proud of yourself!

And if your attitude stinks once in a while, so what? We all have funks. I sat on my front porch last night watering my lawn and crying my eyes out.

I sloppily put a window AC unit in my bedroom window. Its cool in there, but I literally can't see the bed with all the ***** piled on it. I'm not exagerating.

I'll just push it off the other side and clean it when I feel better.

Hang in there kiddo and don't worry about the funk - you won't be there long.

And I bet you landed just where you were supposed to be. If someone at work annoys you enough, go put a bugger on their light switch. (only joking - don't do it but have fun fantasizing about doing it).

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-11-2006 at 07:27 PM.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

I have been on antibiotics off and on since November 2004. So that is a year and six months before I tried to go off for more then a two week period.

I thought I was on the tail end of a lot of this but I was in a car accident again yesterday...got re-ended - last time was November....I tell you since I got sick I have had more bad luck then ever.

So the healing has taken a long long time and the stress I have had in the last six weeks and this accident yesterday have brought a lot of not good symptoms back...but I am trying to hang tough but I am just getting real sick of the whole thing.

Thanks for the reminder to keep smiling.

I have not been on the boards as much so I am not up to date on your story...how long have you been treating? How are you doing? Be sure to take mega probiotics when you up that strength and good luck.

Take care!!!

Gretch

Closed Thread