It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
Question Bowen Results..what do they mean?!

QRIBb: positive Serial Dilution Value: 1:32 Buffy Coat Smear: babesia: negative; Ehrlichia: negative

Does this mean I actually DO have a Lyme Disease diagnoses now? What about the negatives??!

Thanks so much!

Cindy

Last edited by cindyx4; 07-10-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Bowen Results..what do they mean?!

Cindy:

I don't know the first thing about Bowen tests or results, sorry.

I'm sure someone with experience will respond.

What caught my eye was the Buffy Smear - was the lab tech a vampire fighting blonde?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
(female)

cindyx4 HB User

Funny Mickie!

I just happened to get a letter from Dr. S's office after I posted this and "yes" it is a definitive Lyme confirmation. Yippee! Now I go forward with getting better. I am SO glad for the positive result. I see Dr. S on Wednesday and will know what happens at this point.

Thanks so much for responding. I always feel so lonely when no-one responds to me.

Cindy

Old 07-10-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

How we need that piece of paper. Or in my case EM Rash. It gives us piece of mind. We know we are sick, but somehow it give us that PROOF.

Glad you got yours and youre on your way to beating lyme.

Prayers...Marsha

Old 07-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hey Cindy.

I know the feeling of "no one responded". Don't take it personally.

Somedays (most days??) I just can't type. I can read posts but I just can't reply. My brain fog is bad, my hands hurt, I'm exhausted ... I wish I could reply to every post - but sometimes I just can't.

Even if I don't have any experience, I want to post just to let folks know that there are others out there who understand.

So don't mind me if I (we) don't reply. Its me - not you.

p.s. The entire time I have been here on the Lyme boards, I have NEVER seen a post go unanswered. It may take a few hours, but folks here are great. I've posted on other boards here and my threads go unanswered - it a stinky feeling.

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-10-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:58 AM   #6
(female)

KCLyme HB User

Hi Cindy,

Sorry I didn't get here in time, but that's excellent news for you. No coinfections found!! and 1:32 is in the medium range for an infection level---so maybe your treatment experience will be medium in length and herx reactions too.

Mine is 1:64 which is on the high end; I'm almost 3 months into treatment and so far; so good.

Good luck, and please keep us informed as your treatment progresses.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:33 AM   #7
(female)

cindyx4 HB User

Thanks guys!

Hey Mickie.....I'm sorry I was whinning about my post not being answered. I really wasn't being serious. I know people have a life and don't just sit waiting for someone to post a message. I also know that this is a board where people have serious illnesses and like you, may not be able to answer even if they want too. I know this. I also know that if they haven't dealt with Bowen then they won't know the answer. Please accept my apologies. I really truly wasn't being serious. I hope you have a great day today!

Cindy

Old 07-11-2006, 07:48 AM   #8
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

cindyX4 -
I can really relate to your post! Although we are not happy to have Lyme it is such a relief to have a positive test. I just went through the same thing 1 month ago and like you I have no co-infections. It was getting to the point that I felt like no one believed I was sick! I even had 2 Western Blots done (by the local hospital) which came out negative. I had many, many Drs. tell me I DID NOT HAVE LYME. Finally, I found a LLMD who sent my test to Igenex which came back a very strong positive.

Now you can move on and get on the road to recovery. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers. SROCC20655

Old 07-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

battling on HB User

Hi Cindy
Im so pleased you have a positive, you have the key now go open that door and dont take no form anyone.
Masive smile for you this end.
Take care and heres to getting better.
XXX julesxxx.
Ps im not posting much now for a while but i logg in everyday sometimes need a break form teh actuall lyme situation when feeling better or it reminds you all the time, but i do still peek xx that wont ever stop

Closed Thread