It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Rocerem/ sleep aide didn't work

A most miserable night. I tried the rocerem that is to target the area of the brain that helps you get to sleep. It did make me kind of spacy, but DID NOT work. (Jeanne, maybe you will have better luck) I think I dozed around 3:00 but couldn't stay asleep. Back to my ambien. It doesn't put me to sleep, but it does help me sleep once I get there. I am beginning to wonder if there is anything that will help.

I am also having reflux big time. Aciphex twice a day and carafate but I still had major problems all night. I think the rocerem compounded the problem. Once the reflux problems begin, it is extremely hard to get it under control. I did internet research today on what reflux diet should be. Did get some info that might help.

Any ideas on sleep or reflux is appreciated. I feel like roadkill at least a week old.

Prayers.....Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 07-11-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Rocerem/ sleep aide didn't work

Oh Marsha that stinks!!

I was hoping to hear good news from a well rested Pearlscale. So sorry to hear that yet another sleep pill/aide didn't work.

No joke, but have you tried professional hypnosis? There must be a psychologist or psychiatrist near you who does that. Just thinking out of the box. I wish I could help you.

Keep searching - something will help, I pray you find it soon.

Sleepy prayers for you from me.

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-11-2006 at 06:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
(male)

dorkdad HB User

The rocerem did not work for Jeanne either. She tried it about a month ago because like you she thought it sounded good. A miserable night. Didn't want to say anything to you until you had tried it just in case.

Her ND increased the neurotransmitters she is taking. They have completely stabilized her low blood sugar, but have not helped her sleep. Her ND warned her that her sleep would get worse before it got better (is that possible?). Well it was possible. She got no sleep last night, not even dozing (and that was with her sleeping pill). So maybe this is a good thing? She was up wandering the house crying so it didn't feel good. Had to cancel her unicorn horse time and that was extremely hard on her. As you know two steps backwards is no fun.

She has tried a type of hypnosis. That did not work either. Her ND is conviced that this is a brain problem, that the dopamine pathways are broked and need to be restored. She (ND) has had excellent results with her insomnia patients, including herself (she also has Lyme and had problems sleeping). Her brain Dr. thought these neurotransmitters were an excellent thing to try. So we hang onto hope.

Will keep you posted.

I am so sorry you feel like roadkill, it is discouraging. It is your turn to start feeling better, so that is our prayers.

You are always always on WW's mind.

DD

Old 07-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Oh Jeanne
So sorry you had to postpone your unicorn ride. But it was postponed not cancelled. You will do it again for all of us.

I hope you can get some sleep tonight. Getting worse before better is not good. But one of us will find an answer. Hope you get some sleep tonight. I know how depressing it can get. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight.

I appreciate DD keeping us up to date on you. I knew you were not good or you would be doing it yourself. Some days I just read the post. Some I just read the ones that jump out at me. It takes energy to respond. and you have to sound half way inteligent. Sometimes I feel like I'm working with half a brain, energy of a 90 yr old.
Prayers.....Marsha

Old 07-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
(male)

dorkdad HB User

Check above WW name on her last post and you will see why I am keeping you up to date.

DD

Last edited by dorkdad; 07-13-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Roman77 HB User

hi marsha...sorry you're not catching any zzz's. i know how hard that is to go through. the one thing that has finally worked for me is trazodone. i know it doesn't fix our neurotransmiter issues, but it gives us the sleep we need. dr c started me on it last winter and aftger upping the dose quite abit i have finally found the right dose at 250mg at bedtime. i still wake up a bit but i am consistentlay getting a few hours in a row each night, which goes a long way to making you feel human again. i also think now that i am on his hormone protocol of cortef, dhea and 2 others i cant think of right now, i think it's helped me get better sleep too. anyway that's my 2 cents. i think maybe you've already tried the traz before, but maybe it might be worth a new try? hope you can get some sleep soon.

shanna
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Old 07-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Shanna
Good to hear from you. But how are you? I did try trazodone, didn't help.
Never went as high on dose as you. But I have some left, so maybe I'll give it a try.

DD
I understand. Tell Jeanne, Hi.......

Prayers.....Marsha

Old 07-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Hi Marsha,

So sorry to read that your not getting any rest. I was in the same position up until a few days ago. It was awful. Nothing helped me either. I am sorry I don't have any advice to give to you I just wanted to pass along some warm wishes. I hope you go off to dreamland tonight.

Take care...deb

Old 07-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

If only counting sheep would work!!!!!!! marsha

Closed Thread