It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Pearlscale and all: my rashes coming back too - both Bartonella and Lyme

Hi Marhsa.

Just wanted to share that I noticed two rashes have returned.

My Bartonella rash seems to be back. I have two spots that look exactly like the first time I had this. One is on my big toe and the other is on the inside of my leg. I truly truly hope that this means that the Bartonella is dying! The timing seems right too - its been about 2/3 weeks since the first rash went away. So it may be a text book Bartonella Herx.

I see my LLMD tomorrow. I haven't shaved my legs in about a year so she'll be surprised when I lift up my pajama bottoms to show her.

The other rash is my initial Lyme rash. I had an oval shaped bumpy, red ITCHY rash on my right shin a few months before the nuero symptoms kicked in. This was 2 1/2 years ago. The itching drove me CRAZY!!!! I would wear pants to work so I could scratch it under the conference room table during meetings. LOL

I tried every cream and lotion known to mankind and nothing helped the itching. It went away only after I started abx roughly 2 years ago.

This morning I found myself scratching that exact same spot. I thought "Oh no!" So I took a look and sure enough - it looks like its back.

I also have another one on the bottom of my right calf. They look like a group of little red dots - and they itch like mad!

I pray this is a good sign and the rashes are a sign of major die off.

I wanted to share my news with you so you know you are not alone with rashes and pains and fears and suffering.

Hope this post finds you doing well today. How was the sleeping last night?

Peace and health to you.

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-12-2006 at 08:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
(male)

dorkdad HB User
Re: Pearlscale and all: my rashes coming back too - both Bartonella and Lyme

6 Blues

Glad you shared this. WW also had this strange rash about 3 weeks ago. Exactly like you are describing it with the dots. She had it in 7 or 8 places and it itched like crazy. No cream helped it. Once she stopped scratching it went away in a couple of weeks. We thought it was a strange spider bite but now I wonder...

Am interested to hear what your LLMD has to say.

I am keeping track of you, Jeanne's orders

DD

Old 07-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi DD. I'll be sure to tell everyone what my LLMD says about my spots.

Pls let Jeanne know that she and her family (including you) are in our prayer and on our minds.

Glad you're here but I hope health comes to your whole household!

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-12-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Mickie
I remember my LLMD saying if there is more than one lyme rash it is probably from a herx. I think lyme is fighting back. But you will win.

My bartonella rash has been really bad for a month. I am to go back on Septra and Amoxicillin Monday. But I do feel a little better today since I am off meds this week. But I know I can not be off them for long.

Its a rough life we live. and frankly I'm tired of it. but fight we will continue to do. there is no other option.

I took ambien CR last night so once I finally got to sleep I slept better. I just have such a hard time getting to sleep. And I do wake alot.

DD....Interesting Jeanne, Mickie and I have had this interesting rash. I do think mine was em rash from re-exposure. But who knows. But after 19 yrs I have finally had a doctor documented em rash. Hows Jeanne and the unicorn. Any wild rides??

Prayers....Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 07-12-2006 at 07:53 PM.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
(female)

GiGiof2 HB User

Hi All ~~ Thanks for posting on the rashes I am still in the learning stages here and here I thought it was my sensitive skin!!!! LOL LOL ~~~ As for sleeping (Pearlsacale) you are not alone!!!!! I am going thru exactly what you are!!!!!I did the rozerem also and nada now I am trying restirol~~But I find that after 3-4 hrs I take another one to get to sleep But at best I get maybe 4 hrs!!!! this could be after days of not sleeping!!!This is the worst for me right now~~~ 6blues what time is ur appt tomorrow?? I have to run over for more supplements I will look for you LOL LOL~~~Hug's to all GiGi

Old 07-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
(female)

GiGiof2 HB User

Hi All ~~ Thanks for posting on the rashes I am still in the learning stages here and here I thought it was my sensitive skin!!!! LOL LOL ~~~ As for sleeping (Pearlsacale) you are not alone!!!!! I am going thru exactly what you are!!!!!I did the rozerem also and nada now I am trying restirol~~But I find that after 3-4 hrs I take another one to get to sleep But at best I get maybe 4 hrs!!!! this could be after days of not sleeping!!!This is the worst for me right now~~~ 6blues what time is ur appt tomorrow?? I have to run over for more supplements I will look for you LOL LOL~~~Hug's to all GiGi

Old 07-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #7
(female)

Linnyloo HB User

6 Blues

So sorry to read about your rashes. As if you don't have enough aggrevation without itching to death!! I will be at our LLMD today at 1:00. Maybe I'll see you there. I will be fashionably dressed in PJ type clothes as well-too tired to care! You are in my prayers and I hope you get nothing but good news today!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Party today at Dr. E's!! Must wear pajamas.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
(female)

GiGiof2 HB User

LOL LOL LOL WHAT TIME!!!!!!!!! Already talked to LinnyLoo!!!!! LOL

Old 07-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Girls, let me hear what the Dr said. Marsha

Old 07-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am so afraid to even type these words so I will whisper as to not disturb any bad karma ...

My LLMD said that sometimes at the end, the rash comes back.

Do you realize what this might mean? I'm afraid to even think about it - so I will go eat dinner instead.

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-13-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

whispering a very quiet YAY and YIPPEE to you 6 blues! It would be wonderful!

Old 07-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Mickie
I havn't heard that. But I hope for both of us (and Jeanne) that this is true. I would love to say bye bye lyme.
prayers.....marsha

Old 07-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #14
(male)

dorkdad HB User

Definitely whispering....

What a glorious day that will be. Then we can make a toast to wellness.

DD

Thanks Marsha for always remembering Jeanne.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi 6 blules! i can relate to your problem!!! every one and then i get a samll rash in the same spot i had my lyme rash... also sometimes is itchy and i scrat it and gets big and i get sooo scared...... i take a picture of if and mamil it to my doctor, but it only lasts hours!! the day after is gone.. is crazy!!!! so last visit to my doctor, he gave me this explanation..when you have had a rash before, it gets irritated once in a while and very sensitive... also i notice that i get that kind of rash in my polio vaccine.. again, really itchy and lasts hours, like 8 hours, then is gone... it drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!hope i get rid of that someday and dont see crazy rashes never again!!!! bug hug!

Closed Thread