It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
If I'm sick and can't take Doxy, will it set me back?

Hello everyone,

After a whirlwind trip to see Dr. S. yesterday I came home and immediately started throwing up. I am still feeling really sick this am and cannot get food down. I did get some crackers in but not enough for me to take the doxy. If I don't take it will it set me back? I'm guessing I may be having a herx reaction. I've never felt so bad in my entire life. My head hurts, I'm pukey, I'm tired, it hurts to hold my head up etc. etc. Oh yea, I'm whinney (sp?) too.

Do I need to call Dr. S and inquire about the doxy?

Thanks.

Cindy

Old 07-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: If I'm sick and can't take Doxy, will it set me back?

Hi Cindy.

I am so sorry to hear about the vomitting. The same thing happens to me at least twice a month. Nothing like seeing your medicine come out backwards (yuch)! It stinks!

If I puke up my abx, I usually try to take them again a few hours later. If it gets close to the next dose, oh well, I don't worry about that morning dose and continue without it.

I wouldn't worry but a call to the doc never hurts (unless they charge money for it).

Don't force yourself to eat or drink; we don't want you puking all day. My tummy usually gets back to normal in a little while.

I've mentioned this to my LLMD every visit for the last 6 months. She says I'm full of toxins and thats why I puke. Not sure I agree with that opinion.

Try not to worry and go lie down in front of the TV. You'll be fine.

Hang in there,
Mickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
(female)

cindyx4 HB User

Hi Mickie,

Thanks for the response.

I feel for yoy throwing up 2x a month! I am such a wimp and do not handle getting sick well. I've had some crackers, a banana and some toast and so far so good.

You mentioned calling the doctor and doing so if he didn't charge me. Well, yesterday as I was checking out I was told I had a $10 extra charge. When I inquired as to what it was for I was told it was because the office sent me 2 pieces of paper with my Bowen results and from the nurse calling me 1x. I was floored! I can understand the charges given that I live far away from the office, however, it would have been nice to know this ahead of time. Does your doctor charge for results? Maybe this is normal and I just didn't know about it. I was still fuming on the way home and my friend told me it was one of those things I may just have to let go.

Anyway, thanks again! Out of curiosity, how long do you typically vomit for? Your doctor thinks this is just something you will continue to do?

Cindy

Old 07-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

To be honest, when I am done seeing the doctor, I shuffle to the little window where the receptionist sits and just hand over my credit card.

They could be charging $50 bucks a visit for my bad hair and I wouldn't know it.

Knowledge is power and now you know.

Glad to hear you kept down some food.

I have no idea why I throw up so much. I only vomitted twice in my entire life before this. I hate it - the sight, the sound, the smell.

When my daughter was little she threw up in my bed. I rolled up the sheets and tossed in the garbage just to avoid looking at it - and heaven forbid - accidentally touching it while putting it into the washer. LOL!!

I just want us all to be well again.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Cindy
I've been the same road, but not as often as Mickie.
Take care and hope it will turn around soon.
Prayers....Marsha

Closed Thread