It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User
My new game plan on beating lyme and co infections!.....

Hi all!

Its been so busy here with my business (its wedding season!) and the weather is so nice.... my son is on summer break so my computer time has been limited... He starts kindergarten this fall!

I had a slew of tests done with my New IC dr..... I started a whole bunch of new supplements ... my lingering lyme symption after 2 years of ABX is bladder irrtitation and fatigue. and joint pain in hands (hmmm I wonder if carrying a camera has anything to do with that one?????)

Well tests showed I have Candida Galbratta in my urine (major yeast infection that acts like a UTI) and I am positive for HSV 1,2,6, CMV virus & Epstein Barr. They can act like a co infection keeping me from getting 100% better from Lyme.

So I stopped cedax this week..... I am weaning off my 400mg of doxy a day ( plan to take a month or so to do this, I am in no hurry!... well kinda so I can go in the pool during the day!) .... I started 200mg sopronox (may change when we get the yeast sensitivty back) and when I am off of the doxy I will start anti virals (most likely valtrex).

Hopefully this will be my final battle.

My diet is going good. I am applying the eat right for your blood type diet in with my yeast free, sugar free diet.... its a lot of beef/ fish and dairy (and veggies) Its been interesting! I am B+ blood type.

So far I have been tolerating about 1/2 the required dose of my supplements that I started in May..... I am now on aleo vera, marshmallow root, Garlic, magnesium, oil or orgeano, zinc and Vit E at full dose and half dose of OPC, Mini Multi, calicum.... I stopped elmiron (my bladder med, back in May too!)

I am off all sleeping pills and pain pills..... HUGE improvment! I am of course not 100% better but I am so hopeful and excited about my progress... this coming from some one who almost started IV a few months ago.... I am so glad I did all these tests.

I also have one more test (heavy metal) to do next week.....

I hope everyone is doing well....

Last edited by fotomom; 07-13-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: My new game plan on beating lyme and co infections!.....

Good to hear from you and glad things are looking up.
Prayers....Marsha

Old 07-15-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi fotomom. Good to hear from you.

I am SO-O-O happy to hear that feel well - even its not 100%. Your joy shows in your post.

That is interesting about the yeast in the urine acting like a UTI. I know you've had trouble with the 'ol bladder. I really hope that knowledge leads to treatment.

I was looking for a naturopath. Well, Ok, I'll be honest, I was thinking about a naturopath but too sick to care about actively searching for one. LOL!

I found myself on a plateau with the Doxy which did so much for me. I was getting so discouraged - I was doing so well there for a while - slow improvements which seemed to have stopped. I was getting desperate so I thought an NP would offer some alternative treatments, detox methods or anything.

Then I reminded my LLMD about my daily fevers and even though I tested negative for Bartonella, she started me on Levaquin. It is kicking serious co-infection butt!

I wince in pain when I try to sit to pee, walk, bend or even put on pajama bottoms - but I don't mind because the abx is WORKING! My fevers have almost gone and I had the rash. My brain fog is almost gone, I am sleeping better (well, sleeping better this week ayway). I am very pleased with Levaquin.

So for the time being, I have shelved the NP idea. I have no extra cash whatsoever anyway.

I was curious also about that blood type diet. I see so many diets being advertised - hard to tell which ones are legit.

I love reading posts like yours.

I never knew marshmallows had roots.

Keep us posted on how this goes for you - and the results of the metal toxicity test.

Praying that your recovery continues!

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

Old 07-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

Do a search for eat right for your blood type..... even my MD suggested to read the book....

Closed Thread