It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
What meds/supplements are you on? Also, what tests does your LLMD order?

Hello All,

I just saw Dr. S yesterday and he added some more meds to my repertoire. I was just wondering what everyone else is taking. Maybe you could also list how long you have been treated for Lyme.

Here's mine:

400 mg Doxy (Started 5/06)
bio-pro (7/06)
valtrex(7/06)
biaxin (7/06)
allegra (7/06)
singulair (7/06)

On top of my everyday stuff that I have been on for some time:
effexor
neurontin
synthroid
vivelle dot
plavix

I feel like I have had the strangest tests lately. I've already been tested for mono (which I currently have), riceckettsia, legonella, whopping cough, rocky mountain spotted fever (I have ALL these btw). I've got new orders to have cbc, complete chem panel, lipid panel, metabolic panel, homocysteine level, fibrinogen, iron % sat level, ferritin level, progesterone, estridiol, DHEA-S, pregnenelone,crp. I think I'll need a transfusion!!

I also have to have Natral Killer Cell Function/Activity. This will cost $150 and may be refundable through insurance.

Cindy

Old 07-14-2006, 06:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: What meds/supplements are you on? Also, what tests does your LLMD order?

Hi Cindy.

Many folks here take 20, 30 or 40 pills a day. Here's what I take:
> Doxy (abx)
> Levaquin (abx)
> Wellbutrin (antidepressant)
> 5 HTP (neurotransmitter builder)
> Bromelain (keeps my platelets unstuck)
> NAC (liver health)
> Milk Thistle (liver health)
> Cats Claw (natural abx)
> AG Immune (immune system builder)
> Probiotics

My total = 42 pills a day.

Its a fulltime job just managing this: what pill to take at what time, which one to take on empty stomach, which one to take with food, which pill can't be taken with another one, etc.

I get a full blood test once a month. The liver enzyme tests are important because abx can harm the liver sometimes.

I also get the Natural Kill cell test. Mine is called the Stricker Panel, named after the doctors who discovered it. It is believed that a person with Lyme will test differently than a healthy person.

True, the tests aren't cheap, but blessedy I work full-time so I can pay for them.

I don't see Milk Thistle on your list. You may want to consider it. The brand I take is Pure Encapsulations. I tried a cheaper brand but it didn't help at all so saving two bucks wasn't worth it.

Peace and health to you,
Mickie

p.s. I also tested positive for Mono. I think 90% (or more) of all adults test positive. A positive test may not mean that you have Mono, only that you were exposed at one time or another.

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-14-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
Re: What meds/supplements are you on? Also, what tests does your LLMD order?

Hi Mickie.

Geez, I had no clue I would be on so much medication! I just went to pick up my new scripts and it totalled $160! That doesn't include all the meds I am currently on. I am not a big medication taker so this is a tremendous change for me.

As for the mono, my blood work showed mine to be re-activated. Dr. S. said that my mono is currently active and that is why I am dead on my feet. Just what I need! I guess that is why he is adding the valtrex and biaxin. Who knows though! I don't think I was following him very well when he was handnig me out my script.

Thanks for responding.

Cindy

Closed Thread