It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
Question How do you keep track of your meds/supplements?

As I went to the pharmacy today I realized that I needed something formal in order to keep track of all my meds and supplements. Can anyone recommend a medication chart?

Thanks.

Cindy

Old 07-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User
Re: How do you keep track of your meds/supplements?

Cindy:

What I do is type (I assume you have a PC program?) and put the name & dosage on the left & MD who prescribed -

Tab - and put the date refilled

Tab - and put the amount of refills left

Tab - and put the date discontinued

This simple sheet keeps me going for a year and in colors LOL really makes it much easier for me.........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
(female)

cindyx4 HB User

Thanks Gerribear....that makes perfect sense. Do you track on a daily basis as well?

Old 07-14-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

I line my bottles in rows. When I take that dose the bottle is turned upside down. Seems to work for me. Only problem with this, I can't send Larry to get my pills, he would not understand my system. If I add tylenol, the bottle is upside down in that row. (you should see my filing system LOL) M

Old 07-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
(female)

cindyx4 HB User

hmmmmm.....

Ok, I have 4 boys who WOULD play with every bottle on my counter. I would be overdosing!!

Cindy

PS. Does anyone take Biaxin? I strated today and I don't know if I can be compliant. The metallic taste is horrendous!!

Old 07-14-2006, 06:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

2nd plan, chart it.

I tried to take Septra DX (in the Biaxin family) a few weeks ago. Couldn't for all the chest/reflux problems. I am to try to go back on it and amoxicillin Monday. I remember the metalic taste from the IVS. It was horrible. Hope you can tolerate it and get rid of the horrible taste. (and keep the boys out of your meds - 4 boys - how do you manage lyme.) Marsha

Old 07-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
(female)

cindyx4 HB User

Hi Marsha....good idea on the charting! Myhusband is going to create a spreadsheet for me now that I've become a regular 'druggie'. I just sent hubby out to buy some sweet tarts! I've read that it gets rid of the horrible taste. We will see..

As for the boys and Lyme...it hasn't been easy. I find I give in to the gameboys, tv, etc just so I can sleep. PLUS, I have a lot of guilt over what we can and can't do because of me. Thanks for asking though!!

Cindy

Old 07-14-2006, 07:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

OK - I have my morning/daytime meds up in bedroom (afternoon meds also duplicated downstairs - there's only 1)

and...my nighttime meds downstairs in living room. Both are in boxes - pretty ones that I keep out on my trays.

I also have typed a Daytime/Nighttime med schedule and put it on my message board next to the phone.......Daytime in one color and Nighttime in another color (I do well with colors) and cross off or hand write the rare changes.....

Works very well for me and makes me feel secure on the real WONKY days!

Old 07-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

P.S. I use Peanut butter (after a lot of water swallows) to get my monster yukky potassium and magnesium pills down.....took a little doing, but works..

Old 07-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

I understand the yucky pills but haven't tried the peanut butter. Couple weeks ago it was really difficult keeping track of all my pills. I had a dry easel board on the cabinet. With a erasable marker chart that I would check pills as I took them. Kind of a graph. My granddaughter came in and wanted to play with my easle board. I told her no way. Five years old and she understood. I know my grandkids don't get the attention I'd love to give them. Between my water garden business and lyme there is no extra energy to give anyone else. I haven't advertised in months because I can barely handle the business I do get. Some days I pray, Lord don't send anyone today.

Maybe alittle off tract, but I needed to vent. Lyme is hard. Even the half way good days are bad and few. Our families do give up alot. Only other lymies can understand what we are going thru. And those of you with small kids, I can only imagine how hard it is for you.

Hang in there all lymies. We will get better. Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 07-14-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Old 07-15-2006, 07:09 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I was on all three Biaxin, Ceftin, and Omnicef (3 abx in the same family) and I remember that taste. blech. I didn't do anything about it except complain. LOL!!!!

As far as the daily pill-o-rama, I tried a bunch of things that didn't work. Not only didn't I remember what pill I just popped, I couldn't remember where the bottles were. I was bad.

Now I keep every single bottle in a huge shoe box. Its not pretty or organized, but if I don't keep them together in one place, I'm lost.

More than once, I've sat here wondering -- Did I just take that pill?? So I made a chart in Excel. I do 30 days at a time and I put the date on top (columns) and I list each and every little pill on the side (rows), I even add little boxes for that cell, if I have to take more than one of that pill.

I also leave a blank space at the bottom of each day to put my health (scale of 1 to 10) and to add anything special, like if I puke or have a bad headache that day.

It was tough to print it out one page, but it works great for me. I keep it in a clear plastic magnetic fridge photo frame because I spilled Diet Coke on it once.

Its my lifeline.

I keep it tucked under the shoebox so it doesn't get lost.

Good luck

Old 07-15-2006, 07:10 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Oh - forgot to mention ... there are places on line where you can use an online chart or print one of theirs.

They look pretty easy to use.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #13
(female)

GiGiof2 HB User
Cool Re: How do you keep track of your meds/supplements?

Hi All ~~ I use rubber bands !!! I know it sounds dorky LOL LOL I keep one shelf in my kitchen cabinet just for all the supplements ~~3 rows LOL empty stomach first thing in the morning LOL and then the ones for with food~~ and of course the ones thru-out the day LOL LOL If I need to take 3 of this or 6 of that WELL thats where my rubber bands come in handy ~~~ As I take them ~~I take off the number of rubber bands that I need to !!LOL LOL I keep a glass dish handy to throw them in so they are all ready for the next day!!!! Hope this can help someone: best to all GiGi

Old 07-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

Lyme log is great..... love it! Do a search online!

Old 07-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Thanks for the Lyme Log site info.....I've signed up and will explore it later (when my brain isn't so muzzy LOL)

Closed Thread