It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 06:01 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User
Finally feeling better

Good morning everyone. Today might be a better day...I hope. If I was herxing I think it is going away. I wasn't sick to my stomach upon rising this morning and my mental fog seems to be lifting. The only thing that seems to be lingering is facial twitching..especially my bottom lip. I can deal with that though. Thank goodness the heart palps went away. I don't know how many times I have to experience them to realize I am not going to die when it happens.

I was proud of myself this past week. I didn't go into anxiety meltdown like I usually do. It helps alot to be able to come here. It's been a year this week since I admitted myself to psych hosp for my anxiety and depression over this. That was a day after my old doctor told me nothing was wrong with me and he couldn't help me. Jerk.

Thanks again to my lyme family for helping me through this.

Take care and have a great day...deb

Old 07-17-2006, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Finally feeling better

Hi deb. I am glad you are feeling better and that you were able to work through the anxiety!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

Glad to hear you are doing better. We are all in the same boat. I have only had Lyme since early December (I think) but didn't get diagnosed until May. After 6 weeks on antibiotics I am beginning to have some decent days - this past weekend was good. However, I went off oral Doxy (400-600 mgs) Firday and am now on IV Rocephin - for 3 days. Today my excruciating neck pain has returned = UGHHHH. When I have it I feel like I can't turn my head and it affects my throat too. Sometimes it seems like one step forward and two steps back!!

My best to you and I will say a prayer for your recovery. SROCC20655

Old 07-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

Hi deb.

I am really happy to hear that you were able to manage that herx without anxiety.

It sure makes a big difference to know you're not crazy and that there are others who completely understand.

Those heart palpatations sounded scary. You're brave for dealing with them.

Hope the next Herx (if there is one) isn't as bad.

The silver lining to a Herx is that it means those stupid poopy-headed bacteria are dying!

Peace and health to you!

Old 07-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi deb,

So glad you are feeling better. Herxes can be scary, the more so because you have no way of knowing how long they're going to go on for. Heart palpitations can be especially alarming, that and chest pain. Take good care and stay well.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Glad your seeing the mountaintop. That is what keeps us going. Hope your good days continue.
Marsha

Old 07-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts. Today did turn out to be better. It was very hot here...98 and humid. We don't ever have weather this warm. I took it easy most of the day and stay inside with the air on. I was able to swim with the kids for awhile too. I didn't feel too tired but I still took a short nap this afternoon. My hubby made a nice dinner and did all the clean up. It was a good day.

I mentioned in an earlier post that there is a convent behind my house. Everytime I am not feeling well the sisters either call or show up at my house. They called tonight and asked if they could come for a visit tommorow. Now I have strong faith but it still gives me the chills everytime they do this. They always tell me they pray for me everyday but something about them always knowing when I am not feeling well is amazing to me. I am really looking forward to thier visit. I think 3 sisters are coming and 3 young women who are deciding if this is thier calling. I will include all of my lyme friends in our prayers tommorow.

Thank you again for support. I hope everyone wakes up feeling healthy tommorow.

take care...deb

Old 07-17-2006, 07:29 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Thanks for sharing this. Marsha

Old 07-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

deb,

Your experience with the sisters can only bring brighter days. Thank you for including us in your prayers and tell the nuns that they are awesome for somehow knowing just when you are in need - nuns rock! A few of my childhood role models were nuns. I never felt a calling - but Thank God they did.

I'll include everyone here in my prayers tonight also.

Peace and health to all.

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-17-2006 at 07:35 PM.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:02 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Good morning.

I can't well to tell the nuns "you rock." They will think that is funny. I am really excited for the visit today. I don't only feel better physically but they make me better mentally.

Have a great day...deb

Old 07-18-2006, 08:38 AM   #11
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

debill,
I think you are very lucky that you have Nuns behind your house. I strongly believe in the power of prayer and thank you for including all of us Lymies in the prayers. We all WILL GET BETTER.

SROCC20655

Old 07-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi debill!!i was hopping you will write that mail soon!!!! so glad you are doing better again... i think you were herxing...are you still on amoxil?? i started amoxil yesteday, and stop doxy, not for lyme but because of teeth infeccion...i feel more anxious and tired.. i remember you mentioned anxiety when you started amoxil.. maybe is because of thet, and some kind of dizziness too, i started with 4 a day but today 3 a day, of amoxil, i guess for a week and then back to doxy, my doctor thinks is kind a good idea moxil for a while but i prefer doxy..i was also wondering why would i get an infected tooth if i am on doxy... maybe doxy is not working anymore? so manyq uestions...... but really happy to see your mail today.......you go girl!!! keep us posted!! big hugs!

Old 07-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Hi brid,

I think I was herxing too. YES...I had anxiety when I started the amox. and was dizzy. I think I made those little buggers mad.

I restarted my journal so I can log next time it happens and graph it out. I have to give Dr. C a call at the end of the week and let him know how it is going.

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope your tooth feels better soon.

Take care...deb

Closed Thread