It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Unhappy Tried Septra DS again/ Problems again

The PA at the Jemsek clinic told me to go back on septra again and take carafate for the pain. I have tried septra once yesterday (horrible chest/reflux like a knife in my chest pain) Didn't sleep for the pain. Tried another one this morning. My chest again feels like a knife point in my chest. I will call tomorrow. I will NOT take this again. In the meantime, I have to suffer with this until I can get it stopped. Once started, it doesn't want to go away. Now I'm wishing for the IV's again. I know with my thick blood and the past clots that is not an option, but at least I didn't have this horrible pain from from iv's . I'm back on the amoxicillin 1000 X3.

It has been a most horrible day which started last night. No sleep/pain. Then I had promised my 80 yr old Aunt I'd take her and do some things. She doesn't have anyone willing to help her. There are alot of other nieces and nephews but none willing to do anything. I have been trying to help her for the last several years. and she lives on the other side of the county. Her health is really bad. She lives by herself. I helped her put her affairs in order. This has been a big worry for her. But she can be a short tempered/ snappy person. I had to pray for patience and will need it in the days ahead. I hope I can find a place close by that she might can move in. I would love to put a camper on my property for her, but my county is so restricted, I can't do that.

Also, please say a prayer that Dr Jemsek will have the words of wisdom he needs when he goes back before the medical board Thurday for the conditions. I talked with him for a while Saturday afternoon, and he really needs everyones prayers.

Prayers.....Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 07-18-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Re: Tried Septra DS again/ Problems again

Hi Marsha, sorry to hear about the chest pain. Sounds horrid! And another reason for you to lose sleep is not what you need right now.

I hope the Septra works its way out your system quickly so that feeling goes away.

Maybe the Amox will do the trick and start killing off some bacteria! Here's to hope!

How unselfish of you to help your Aunt!! I bet she appreciates your help more than you know, even though she's short with you.

What an amazing woman you are.

Last edited by 6Blues; 07-18-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Another quick thought - if Jemseck wants you on Septra DS, is there another brand you can try? Maybe a drug close to Septra DS formula?

And I will defintely send prayers Dr. J's way.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Quote:
Also, please say a prayer that Dr Jemsek will have the words of wisdom he needs when he goes back before the medical board Thurday for the conditions. I talked with him for a while Saturday afternoon, and he really needs everyones prayers.
Prayer for all the Lyme docs, including Dr. Jemsek, has been sent to the Lourdes Grotto in France.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Thanks guys
I found that septra is in the sulfa family. I have always had problems with sulfa drugs.
Keep Dr J in your prayers....
Prayers to you.
Marsha

Old 07-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi!

Any results from Jemseck hearing yesterday and how are the chest pains?

Old 07-21-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Marsha

I am thinking about you and hoping for the best possible outcome for Dr J.
You are both in my prayers

Keep us posted

Kim

Old 07-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Tried Septra DS again/ Problems again/Jemsek update

Actually Dr Jemsek stopped by on his way back from Raleigh yesterday. He had been telling me he needed some koi for his water garden. He was here for maybe 2 hrs.

He said the conditions were pretty fair except that he has to have a postive result to treat. And we know how accurate lyme testing is. Not sure how he will handle that. He can treat with IVs for 60 days and orals for 60 days. The way the meds are pulsed, he didn't see that as a problem. I didn't question him more.

It does make me wonder in my case, will I be able to continue meds. I have enough to last me until I go back in 7 wks. I take 5 days, off 2 then repeat with the last three adding flagyl. Then I take 2 wks off. Then I start the same over again. So in that 2 month period I am taking orals for 20 days.

If I went to Dr Jemsek under the conditions set by the medical board, I don't know if he could begin treatment. I tested positive 19 yrs ago but have no proof. My igenex was all indeterminate. But I did test positive for several of the Co's. That might be enough to get me treated if I were a new patient. I think with the new bullseye rash that has now faded to faint rash, that would get me treated now.

I worry about all the new patients that need treatment. This positive blood lyme test seems to me to be a big problem. I hope Dr J can work thru it. We all know how much chronic lymies suffer.

There needs to be alot more public awareness so lyme can be treated before it becomes chronic and dissiminated.

Did I tell you guys that my insurance co took Jemsek off the in network drs. He is now out of network, which means out of pocket. I received a letter from the insurance company informing me of this and offering to help me find a doctor to treat me. Like I would trust them. LOL

I have been a little on the depressed/feel bad side today. I kept my 4 grandkids whom I love dearly, ages 5 to 10. They were good but take alot out of me. I would like to find a hole and hibernate in it like the bears do for a few weeks. Catch up on my sleep, wake up lyme free and full of energy. Its a nice little dream. But sometimes they come true at least the sleep and wake lyme free w energy.

Someone tell me there is a cure on the way!!!

I am taking the septra AM and have to fight chest pains all day. I have tried it two night, its not so easy to fight in the middle of the night. What is another drug equal to septra ds.

Prayers......Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 07-21-2006 at 08:11 PM.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:15 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Marsha

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. With worries about Dr J and whether he will be able to treat you, and your problems with your insurance adds to an already high stress level. I hope you can do something for yourself, even if it's a restful peaceful day, to try to de-stress alittle and regroup.

How can the medical board require a positive lyme result? Isn't that going againist the supposed diagnostic protocol for lyme - clinical diagnosis. They sure do change the rules as they see fit, and based on how it benefits them (med board, ins co, etc).

You are in my prayers........

Kim

Closed Thread