It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User
hi all

hope all pf you having nice days.. and feeling better... i have a question... anyone of you in amoxil? i had to switch from doxy to amoxilin because of thooth infection for 5 days, and my doctor ehre is telling me the posibility to keep taking doxy for lyme,i think with doxy i felt better, whit amoxilin i feel tired, and maybe more anxious.. anyway, i am taking just 1500 a day for the tooth, what would be the right dosis for lyme? is there any problme when you stop doxy fopr a week to take another abx and then go back to doxy? do you create abx ressistance ? thank you! hugs!

Old 07-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: hi all

Hi Brid
I take my meds 2 wks on 2 off, so I don't think taking a week off doxy will make a big difference.

I am on amoxicillin 1000 three times a day. I should also be taking septra. twice a day. I take the septra in the morning when I can work at keeping my chest/reflux to a minimum, but I don't take the evening dose. I tried one night and couldn't handle the problems during the night. I don't really think taking the septra once a day is going to help me.

I am always tired so I don't know if the amox is making me fatigued or not. I was on minocycline (relative to doxy) for awhile but then I was switched. I know I should call the Drs office and tell them, but I just haven't.

I am really tired, tired of this battle, tired from the small water garden business that continues to grow. JUST TIRED! hope I didn't depress you with my moanings.

Prayers....Marsha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi marsha! i guess i will go back to my doxy in 2 days, i notice amoxil makes me tired, more than ussual, asi am tired too, i will go back to my doxy in 2 daysm, cant wait! of course you dont deppress me, we all are in the same boat! we just have better dyas some days.. but we will keep figthing, we cant get tired of this battle because we will win it sooner or later, hope you have a good weeken!! hugs!

Old 07-21-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Hi Brid,

I am still taking amox. 3000 mg a day. It did make me tired at first but that went away after about 2 weeks. How is your tooth doing? Did the amox. clear it up?

I hope you feel better when you get back on your doxy. Have a good weekend.

Take care...deb

Old 07-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi debil!yes, i finish yesterday the amoxil, my tooth is fine, tomorrow i will go back to doxy... i took the amoxil 6 days, it also cleared the alegies i had on my skin! i am sure is was the amoxilin..i will see that when i return to my doxy... maybe i should change to amoxil... i hope not! because doxy doesn make me tired.. how are you feeling?? i have the feeling you are feeling good now, have a good weekend!! hugs

Old 07-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

debill HB User

Hi brid,

Glad to hear your tooth is better. I hope it goes well for you switching back to your doxy.

I am feeling alot better. Just some vertigo and insomnia. I can live with that. I am starting to get a bit run down though. My nephew had knee surgery and he will be bed ridden for the next 7 weeks. I have been helping my sister take care of him.

I notice that even though I am feeling better I still can't push myself to hard or some symptoms hit me full force. I might have to let my sister and her husband be on thier own for a little bit.

Have you noticed a big difference in your health since starting your treatment? I hope things are going well for you.

Take care...deb

Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi debil!! so happy to hear you are doing better..you and me started tratment at the same time, so i guess it will take some time until we feel great again, at least we are better and that is so relieving!!!! defenitely i have improve, i dont have fever for the last 2 months,at least i can do things, work, leave my house, walk more,less anxiety, i am not axiety free but at least i an manage it, less vertigo, alittle less tremors, of course i still have some rapid palpitacion but dont panick as before, sometimes tired, twiching muscle.. my legs hurt less, same as arms..i guess the recovery takes its time, but feeling better than before is such a hopeeeeeeeee, now my hormones are really bad, i feel hot all the time, in 4 months just got 4 periods, wake up at night feeling hot, so dont know i am getting pre menopause, or maybe the abx have to do with it...or just my hormnones are crazy... i will call doctor cameron and ask about that....sorry about your nephew! hope he recover sooner... and dont push your self to much..i am sure little by little you will improve again, this lymes are like up and downs specially the herxing, but at least you know is working... big hug for you and keep me posted...prayers to your nephew

Closed Thread