I read on anothe rthread Dr. J must now have a positive test for Lyme to treat AND can do so only with 60 days IV's and 60 days orals. Does this ruling affect his patients already under treatment? I am very concerned - I am seeing some improvements but its slow and Im 7 mos into treatment....with IV's on and off....Any insight would be apprecaited....I pray there will be a change in the minds and hearts of those who cant "see"
I talked with Dr J the evening of the conditions hearing. He told me pretty much what you had heard. I'm sure he and the staff have alot to decide. I don't know how it will affect current patients. I did read in the newpaper yesterday that he will be allowed to treat patients longer if they are included in a study. I go back in 6 wks, guess I will find out then. When do you go back.
My treatment began in October but had many roadblocks along the way. I had 2 picc lines. First pulled due to staff, 2nd due to blood clots. The 2nd picc line had to be pulled about the time insurance decided to stop IV coverage. I'm on orals.
I do wonder how the co-infections will affect the length of treatment allowed.
Let me know how treatment goes with you. Any info.
Its OUTRAGEOUS he is being subjected to restrictions re: treatment not imposed on other doctors in the US for thsi illness.....These people need only wait till they get Lyme....then they'll "see" - I will post when I hear anything definitive - am awaiting a call from a nurse today re: alternative treatment to Levaquin....so ill let you know what I hear!
This came from the Medical Board. I don't think he can appeal. Hope I'm wrong. I wrote a letter to the medical board in his favor. Many others did also. Plus thousands signed a online petition. I don't guess this helped very much. I still think insurance played a big part in this.
Welcome ohtheotherright. Tell us about yourself.
Last edited by Pearlscale; 07-24-2006 at 06:58 PM.