It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zorm HB User
help is it lyme

tested positive to B.Henselae 64 so sick please plplease help.
feel i can't go on anymore

Old 07-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: help is it lyme

Hi Zorm, welcome to the board!

How long have you been sick? I think you are positive for Bartonella? This is also known as cat-scratch fever and it can be transmitted by ticks. Were you also tested for Lyme disease? Besides Lyme and Bartonella, ticks can also transmit Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis, and Mycoplamsa. Have you been tested for all of these?

It is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Are you in the UK? Do you need a doctor name?

Hang in there okay? Good help is available, and you are not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Zorm
Welcome to the lyme board. Ticker gives great advice. Hope you will give us more details. Take one day at a time. Sometimes its minute to minute. But with proper meds you will improve. You will get well. Hang in there.
Prayers.....Marsha

Old 07-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zorm HB User

hi i was sick for a year and a half. horrible rashes, joint pains kidney problems, got sacrio;itis of the spine a cist in my brain unexplainable seizures i suppose felt a bit nutty at times too. got blood clotting problems. Was diagnosed with lupus but steriods made me so ill. my nervous systmn is all over the place. was never put on antibiotics then i come across these test results neg for borreila but positive or at least a titre to B.Henselae. and B quintana. Im in the uk what docs should i see. do you think this may be the cause to all my problems? i hope i have found the cause i was negative to lupus antibodies you see. What meds can they give you. I was recently put on ciprofloxacillin as they decided i had had an untreated kidney infection and all the se boils and pus started coming out of my skin. What meds what creams how do they treat neuro problems. i was positive to mycoplasma too and am allergic to nearly every drug i take.
also took fungal meds

please any help im seeing an infectious diseases doctor tom and need help.

zorm x

Old 07-25-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi zorm. I am sorry you have been through so much. Many people who have Lyme were first diagnosed with other diseases. People who have Lyme should not take steroids because they can make symptoms worse. This may be why they made you so sick.

Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection. It is treated with antibiotics. Are you familiar with the Jarisch-Herxheimer Reaction (herx)? Often, when people who have Lyme take antibiotics, their symptoms become worse or they get new ones. When the antibiotics kill the bacteria, toxins are released making them feel sicker. It can be very scary when it happens, but it is a good sign the antibiotics are working. What kind of reaction do you have to antibiotics?

I have heard of two Lyme doctors in the UK but all I know about them is that they are supposed to be knowledgable: Dr. David Owen in Cardiff and Dr. Andrew Wright at the Complete Fatigue Clinic in Bolton.

Good luck! I hope you can get some answers soon. Keep us posted on how you are doing okay?

Closed Thread