It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
update

Just wanted to update you all. As of now I'm going off of my medicines for lyme. My llmd doesn't think that's what it is now. We are not sure what it is at this point. I'm having a ct of the chest done, mri of the c spine, and more bloodwork. The bloodwork is for some hormones like cortisol. I will keep reading your posts on here, and some times responding. This is kind of like family now, and I hate to leave it. Then again, if nothing pans out with these tests and the neurologist that I'm being sent to, I may go back on the meds eventually. We'll just have to wait and see. Hang strong all of you that have lymes, and for all of you that hasn't been diagnosed. I'll be thinking of you all. Thanks

Old 07-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: update

Hi wmjsease. While I am glad your treatment is ending, are you still having symptoms? If so, what type of symptoms are you having? Why does the doctor think it is not Lyme? How long have you been treated?

It is always good to check out all possibilities. Have you had a complete thyroid panel done including the Free T3, Free T4, and thyroid antibody tests? I recommend that anyone who has Lyme have their thyroid checked, some people who have Lyme have a thyroid disorder.

Do keep us posted on how you are doing okay? Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 06:39 AM   #3
(female)

wmjsease HB User

Hey Ticker. They llmd doesn't think it's lyme since I'm having mostly neurological symptoms. My joints do not hurt, I'm not really tired, and all of that stuff. My main symptoms are extreme lightheadedness, headaches, neck pain, and some tingling and numbness in my left side. That includes the jaw, neck, side of my face, arm and leg. I have had the thyroid panel done, just last week, and I had my electrolytes, cbc, and lipids checked also. I'm on thyroid meds right now, because my thyroid was out of whack about 1 1/2 years ago. Since then, I've been on 100mg of Synthroid, and now my levels are good. Also, my blood work came back negative on my bands for the western blot, except for a few questionable. Therefore I'm not the typical lyme patient that they normally see. However, if all of the testing and neurologist doesn't pan out, I will return to the meds and be treated for it again. I'm having my bloodwork and ct scan of the chest tomorrow, and my mri of the cspine done Friday. I'll update you on them when I know something. Also, I go to the neuro August 11, and will let you know then what he says. Thanks for the info, and for caring so much about everyone. My family doesn't understand much about my illness, and to be able to talk to someone else who is ill is a blessing in a way. Thank you.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

What about co-infections. Were you tested.
Prayers....Marsha

Old 07-27-2006, 03:30 AM   #5
(female)

wmjsease HB User

no my llmd did not want to test me for coinfections. She said that my symptoms did not suggest any coinfections. I could have done it but financially, I'm so strapped now, I just couldn't do it. I owe so much money to so many doctors, that they are turning it in against my credit now due to me not being able to pay them all. I tried to pay each one a little, like 25 or 30 each month, but some of them won't take that. My llmd is really thorough, and is trying to find the root of the problem, but just really has her doubts about lyme right now. If these tests don't show anything, I may try to get tested for them then. Right now, our local hospital has a 6 month program for low income that helps me get my ct scans, mris and stuff like that payed for so I'm pushing all of them right now just to make sure. But, it's a small hospital-3floors- and it doesn't have a lab dept. equipped to test for coinfections as well as igenex does, so I'm not going to get it done through them. I'll keep you informed. Thanks

Closed Thread