It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

slowdeath HB User
Unhappy what do my bands mean?

Igot my first test resuts back today and they are positive. can someone please tell me what theese bands mean-23-25kda,28kda,31kda,83-93kda.ant info would be greatly . i was bite by a tick october 2005 in northern california while looking for a missing person.ive been able to manage my symptoms fairly well with cats claw,taurene,vit c and salt tablets,probiotics!,garlic and ceyanne pills and a few more. 2 yogurts every day and 200 mg doxy for now. im 31 and the last three months have been an absolute horror show. im hopping for the best though. thank you every one for your threads-and help-----god bless

Last edited by slowdeath; 07-25-2006 at 06:45 PM.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: what do my bands mean?

Hi slowdeath, welcome to the board!

Which lab did your Western Blot? Below is the breakdown of the bands:

9 cross-reactive for Borrellia
12 specific for Bb
18 unknown
20 cross-reactive for Borrellia
21 unknown
22 specific for Bb, probably really the 23/25 band
23-25 outer surface protein C (OspC), specific for Bb
28 unknown
30 unknown; probably an outer surface protein; common in European and
one California strain
31 outer surface protein A (OspA), specific for Bb
34 outer surface protein B (OspB); specific for Bb
35 specific for Bb
37 specific for Bb
38 cross-reactive for Bb
39 is a major protein of Bb flagellin; specific for Bb
41 flagellin protein of all spirochetes; this is usually the first to appear after a Bb infection and is specific for all Borrellia
45 cross-reactive for all Borellia (sometimes people with Lyme who have
this band positive also have the co-infection Ehrlichiosis)
50 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
55 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
57 cross-reactive for all Borrellia
58 unknown but may be a heat-shock Bb protein
60 cross reactive for all Borrellia
66 cross-reactive for all Borrelia, common in all bacteria
83 specific antigen for the Lyme bacterium, probably a cytoplasmic membrane
93 unknown, probably the same protein in band 83, just migrates differently in some patients

Band 23-25, 31 and 83 are Lyme-specific bands. Yours are positive.

How long have you been sick? Are you seeing a Lyme knowledgeable doctor? It is very important to see a knowledgeable doctor. Many doctors do not understand Lyme and treat with outdated protocols. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme are co-infected, and it may affect treatment choice and progress. It is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab such as IgeneX in Palo Alto, CA. Were you tested for these?

Are you on any antibiotics yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

slowdeath HB User

igenex in palo alto did my test. i am seeind dr. toth in concord ca - seems quite knowlegalbe.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: reply

Hi slowdeath. I am glad IgeneX did the test. I am not familiar with the doctor you are seeing.

Were you tested for the co-infections? Which meds are you taking?

Old 07-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Slowdeath
Welcome to the lyme boards. So sorry you have to be here. Hope you soon change your name. Slowdeath I think we all understand. With proper treatment I hope to see maybe newlife. Or something equally appropriate.

Prayers....Marsha

Old 07-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

slowdeath HB User
updated first thread

i updated my first thread with my meds. i have not been tested for co infections yet but are in the plans. as far as the name it seems like death is all i think about anymore. i promise as soon as i start to feel slightly normal again il change it to slowlyarising (LOL) thank you for the support

Old 07-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: updated first thread

Hi slowdeath. I hope you can change your name soon I am sorry you were bitten while helping to locate someone.

With proper treatment you can get better. 200 mg of Doxy is not strong enough for Lyme disease. I believe the recommended dose is 300-600 mg daily. Lyme needs aggressive treatment. Do you know if your doctor is planning on increasing the dose?

Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

slowdeath HB User
upping the dose

we plan on upping the dose as soon as weather permits. i work on roofs and have no employees. i kinda have to work my illness around my income. first chance i get im going up to 600mg doxy

Old 07-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
(male)

smsully HB User

Hey Slow, Sorry to hear about your bout. I'm new to the experience myself and wanted to ask how long it was from the time of the bite before you received your Doxycycline treatment?..Sounds like some of your other ingrediants had some success, something I may try a bit of..Thanks for the insight and be well

Old 07-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

slowdeath HB User
response

i got bit in october 2005 and started doxy 6-2006. the cats claw seems to help quit a bit.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:25 AM   #11
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

Slowdeath, I too think you should change your name. It is important to keep a positive attitude with this Lyme bug.

I was bitten in December 2005 and didn't get diagnosed until June, 2006. I was put on Doxy 400 mgs to start and 600 mgs after one week. It did help my symptoms some. Be sure to eat when you take the Doxy as it can upset your stomach. I ended up changing to IV Rocephin which I am tolerating better. Many of my symptoms are gone - like the feeling that I couldn't hold up my head! Even my cognitive problems are gone. I am left with lingering throat/neck/ear problems and am praying they are not permanent. I am lucky because I have a wonderful Dr. - even though I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to see him.

Welcome - this Lyme Board is great because it helps to know you are not alone. Good luck and hope you feel better soon. I have some friends/relatives who have had Lyme and totally recovered so there is hope.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes. SROCC20655

Closed Thread