It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 06:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User
Smile Small but hopefull goings on - sleeping in my bed again

Hi friends.

I am not feeling great. I am about 50/60% of the person I used to be two years ago. (Wearing bikinis, surfing, dancing, whaaaaaa!! I want that person back so badly!)

Nevertheless, I want to share these tid bits of my daily life:

> I was too sick to get off the couch. I lived there 24/7 for about a year. I slept on the couch, I worked there, I ate there, I sat there - all day & night. Well, about two weeks ago I started sleeping in my bedroom again. It was such a mess that I pushed the pile of clothes and clutter off the side and left it all there, but I am sleeping in my room again.

> I mowed my lawn. I could barely breath afterwards and I was red as a beet and drenched with sweat - but I did it!

> I do dishes a few times a week. Lo-o-o-ong time since I cared about a little thing like dirty dishes.

> If I drop something, I pick it up. I used to drop things or spill things and just leave them where they fell - too sick to care.

> For at least a year now I haven't cared about returning phone calls or making calls to family or the 2 friends I have left. I was too sick to chit chat. The answering machines were full for weeks and I didn't care. Well, twice now I have picked up the phone and initiated a friendly conversation.

> This one is hard for me to admit, but I was too sick to care about grooming. I was known for being groomed and always well-dressed and a bit glamorous. Having Lyme, I didn't shower, I took a detox bath only when I was well enough to drag my butt upstairs, I didn't care what I looked like, what dirty clothes I was wearing, I hardly ever brushed my teeth. Now, I am brushing my teeth a few times a day (Thank You God!), changing my clothes - not every day - but maybe every other day, and I am aware when I stink.

I still hurt A LOT, I still don't have my sense of balance, I still have oscillopsia (jiggling vision), I still have fatigue, I still bust out crying for no reason, I puke once in a while and I still have 50 extra pounds so I wear pajamas or sweats most of the time. But I see tangible improvement.

I want to share these little joyfull baby steps in my recovery because I remember how crappy I felt and I felt that it would never end.

So - HANG IN THERE EVERYONE! We will beat this disease together.

Peace and health to all of us,
Mickie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 07:09 AM   #2
(female)

cindyx4 HB User
Re: Small but hopefull goings on - sleeping in my bed again

YEAH MICKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very happy for you. It's important to celebrate the baby steps and I am glad we are here to celebrate them with you. Keep up the good work!!!!

Cindy

Old 07-27-2006, 07:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

Mickie
Knowing how rough the last year has been for you, this is GREAT news. Slowly the turtle won the race. We're slow winning the race, but we will. Thanks for posting such a postitive post. These seem like little things, but I know they are huge.
Prayers.....Marsha

Old 07-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lymegirl HB User

Mickie

I'm so happy for you. What a boost to your morale. Keep it up and remember baby steps. It's so great to hear some positive news! Gives us all hope.

You go girl...............

Old 07-28-2006, 03:12 AM   #5
(female)

janetclarkson HB User

Hi Mickie,

I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this and spreading some much needed optimism (I'm having a really baaaaaad day today!).

We might call them baby steps, but in lymie terms they are huge.

May you soon be reunited with your surf board.

Lots of love,

Janet

PS Know what you mean about that extra 50 pounds. It's no wonder we are tired carrying that lot around with us! I was at my mother's the other day and we were looking at some old photos with my daughter. I could have cried when I saw what I used to look like.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi Blues CONGRATULATIONS...on allllll of your accomlishments lately!!!! You go GIRLFRIEND Just becareful you don't knock yourself back down....ahhhh....and sleeping in the bed has just got to feel so much better So Happy For You....nice to hear you are climbing up the hill......

GOD BLESS YOU!

Old 07-30-2006, 09:52 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Okaaaaaaaaay, Mickie! How good to hear a few good things happening!We all share your joy!

I think that 50 lbs is like a Lymie "set point" as I noticed that I and others have also "expanded" to that gain with this disease....so sick of docs telling me to lose weight, but don't understand that going from a size 6 to a size 18 suddenly, then to be expected to go back down, just isn't in the realm of reality all the time.....I give myself points everytime I have a doc visit and don't smack him one..LOL. No Lyme Rage here, but at least I don't get upset over it any more, just tell him gently (won't say menacingly) LOL that I do my best...that's it....

I've washed my piles of clothes and sent them to a church that delivers to "the truly poor" and now just have the basics to deal with. MUCH easier. No recurrent memories of my size 6 days....

Old 07-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User

I think lyme likes sugar. It needs it to feed off (read this recently on the internet). Lyme makes us want sugar. My opinion.
Marsha

Old 07-31-2006, 04:31 AM   #9
(female)

janetclarkson HB User

Gerribear,

Love that comment about points for not smacking a doctor! Very positive - must try to think along the same lines.

Janet

Old 08-01-2006, 05:18 AM   #10
(female)

Linnyloo HB User

hey blues! thank you so much for sharing your life with us. you give us all hope! sure do understand the weight thing-i have gained 30 lbs, my hubby near 50lbs.we just got back from vacation and i wanted to throw the pictures out because i look so gross in them. i live so close by and wouldn't recognize you. it seems wierd. wish i could be of help to you-your advise has been so helpful to me! take care and keep the faith!!!

Closed Thread