It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User
can u get rid of lyme???

Hello to everybody, how are u?

I just want to know can u ever get rid of lyme, can u have a normal life or u always have to stay on abx, can u give it to your kids and spouse? Is there a way out of this?

I have been fighting with it for years now and I don't see a light, I feel good but if I stop the abx I always get my symptoms back....

This is not Ekim by the way

Old 07-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: can u get rid of lyme???

I don't have any answers. I'm not sure Dr Jemsek would be able to answer this. I know that we are to treat for an additional two months after herxing has stopped. I haven't reached this point yet. I also wonder, will I get it all. How will I know. Don't have the answers.

Prayers....Marsha

Last edited by Pearlscale; 07-28-2006 at 07:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Well... that is an interesting question. Here is my philosophical answer: I believe that the one who created me has sovereign power and authority and that His intentions for me are for good. So...I think He would like to see me healthy. Therefore, I say, yes you absolutely can get completely well in His power. I am striving for that in Him.

I also think that as we live with it and wait for the healing, we can acquire a decent life eventually if we do our best to remember our priorities. Who and what matters most to us? How will we simplify our lives to work for, with and around only what really matters?

I will not give up on myself, my spouse, my health or my God. I will keep my focus and I will try with all I have. I will love and I will live and I will not give up. How about you?

Old 07-28-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hi...I am assuming Mrs. Ekim I wrote to you yesterday then lost the whole darn thing... My opionions to your questions....

Do you always have to be on antibiotics? I guess I am sooooo very lucky in the fact that the doctor (which was not a LLMD) but a chronic disease doctor...he had me on a COCKTAIL of antibiotics....and I never did the one or two weeks on then get off of them for a week...Now we switched different ones over time...and I was on a picc line for about a year...with different types of antibioctics...and I threw in all kinds of MY own treatments...haha...it amazes me here seeing so many people just doing ONE for the last few years or so...I don't understand that treatment...and I was never told to stop taking them when I had a herx...I had been mis-diagnoised for 8 to 10 years ...and went through the not being able to use my arms and legs and was sooooooo CRAZY!!! the not eatting and got down to 100 pounds and the sweats and fevers and lymph node swellen...anyway....I think it all depends on the course of antibiotics ....the dosage of the med's...how long you have been ill...if it is truly the right antibiotic for the bacteria...what combinations ect....I was on antibiotics for 6 years...maybe 7 been off of them for about 16 months....I have swelling between my scalp and skull ....and that causes me problems...with my mental...but I walk and talk and my body has gained weight and It is a long journey back to reality...and I am ummm....18 years older...haha....
My current sweetie for the last 5 years his 2 neices had/have lyme...they had been bitten Mom is guessing when they were like 7/8 something like that...and found out what they had at 16/17...boy they were on med's ....oral then picc lines for maybe 2 years....one is in college now and doing great the other has 2 little girls...she will put herself back on antibiotics when her mental feels off....for a short time.....
Now can you pass it on to a partner? I feel that it is up in the air on that one...Sure why not....but my sweetie he seems to be fine....think it depends on their immune system...but if it can be passed through blood transfusion heck why not through being close...One doctor in Chico, Ca....he and his FIVE family members have it...he feels he passed it on through sharing drinking after eachother and sharing food utensils ect....So is it like viruses or possibly that person (partner) already had the bacteria in their system and it finally comes alive

Can a Mom pass it to her baby? WEllllll.....think of it like this....these bacterias can get into EVERY TISSUE, CELL WE HAVE...BLOOD STREAM...ECT...sooo....my thougths yes it can be passed on the the baby...babies feed off of Mom so think that makes sense....there are threads on here that the Moms have passed it on and it shows up later in the child's life...I was pregnant and did NOT know I was....I gained weight..and bleed...the doctor said it was my med's....well counting back I was 6 months preg...when my body finally aborted the baby the gyn said it was 2 months old when it died...soooo....yes I do feel the lyme and of course med's killed my baby...The oldest neice first daughter looks beautiful think she was on antibiotics when she got preganant with her...the second baby to ME ...she just doesn't look right...spacey ....and I do not think they have been tested...bengs I haven't been able to talk them into it....

These are only my thoughts and opinions...is the bacteria dead in me .....well I don't know...my head like I said still has issues....but I do know that I am soooo much better than I was....everytime I change the sheets on my bed I see the stains from sweating and am so happy that I am not there anymore...Just don't give up....stay strong...keep all of the support around you that you can...mine all backed off from me....

My suggestion would be possibly try the treatment that Denise and Jeanne have done...and that is the Dr. "J" alternative method...I am thinking of trying that still or going back onto antibiotics this winter to see if it does help my head....
So keep fighting...keep loving yourself, try and do things that bring laughter to you....and hang on to whomever you have

God Bless You!

Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

Thank you Jojo for the nice words, sadly I don't feel better , I feel traped.
But I am ok, will be ok...

Thank you again and hope all goes well for you and everybody else
Mrs Ekim

Old 07-28-2006, 07:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

HI MRS. EKIM It is very very tough...I don't know your story or how long you have had lyme..or what antibiotics you are on or how long you have been on them...I understand about feeling trapped...sweetie your not...it is a long and scary process...the good news out of it all is You know what you have...and you are being treated for it....Could you maybe tell us how you are...maybe alittle of your story...your med's...I wish I had found this forum when I was living by myself afer my last husband left me cause I was so flipppin sick ....It is hard on everyone when a member of the family is sick and the doctors keep saying oh you have this or you have that...geezzzz...such a nighmare....Mrs. Ekim reach out to people maybe if might help you here on the board....there is room enough for you and Mr. Ekim

Just hold your hand out okay! Maybe you won't feel so trapped if you do....

Many, Many hugs and Prayer's for you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread