It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

srocc20655 HB User
Mouth Sore - Really worried

Has anyone else had what looks like canker sores - on the side of your tongue? I am really not sure what it is - on the left side of my tongue. It is a smooth whitish bump - almost like an irritation. I have shown this to numerous Drs. and they have blown it off - like it was no big deal. Since it has been there for a few months I am seeing a dermotologist at 3 pm today. Say your prayers for me - that it is nothing serious. I hope it is just related to the Lyme.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Mouth Sore - Really worried

HI...yes I had those also a few times ....don't stress it....Lyme can cause ALL sorts of weird things...6 years ago I got swelling between my scalp and skull....as big as goose eggs on both sides of my head now they moved to the back of the top of my head...and cause me mental crap... 2 years ago the inside of my mouth swelled up around my teeth and the inside of my cheeks...the top of my mouth is BLACK....dentist told me that black people's pigmentation changes ...hmmm...I'm white as can be.... So yes dear Lyme will cause a bunch of WEIRD stuff to happen.....I'm thinking that is what is causing your bumps also...mine went away....(the bumps anyway)

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

Thank you Jojo. Lyme causes so much weird stuff - sometimes I freak out because I am afraid it is something really bad (life threatening). I worry constantly about dying and not being here for my 11 year old son.

Your comments really helped me. Please anyone else -if you have comments please post them.

SROCC20655

Old 07-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User

Hello curious on what the Doctor said to you? Hope you are doing alright!

Old 07-29-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TINUVIEL HB User

Hi,

If you don't get a satisfactory answer from your doctor, you may want to consult a dentist. They are quite knowledgeable about that sort of thing.

Last edited by TINUVIEL; 07-29-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Old 07-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
(female)

srocc20655 HB User

Thanks everyone for the comments. I went to a very good Dermotologist. He said I have a swollen papillae (tastebud). He didn't think it was anything to worry about. He is sending me to an ENT surgeon - who will remove and biopsy it (according to this Dr. they biopsy everything these days). I am still kind of worried even though the Dermo. didn't think it was anything to worry about. Lyme has so many strange traveling symptoms - I often find it hard to believe that everything is because of Lyme. That is one of the worst things about this stupid illness - thinking that I have something else that is life threatening. Do any of you guys worry about dying? I always have this feeling of doom hanging over me.

Closed Thread