It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 03:20 AM   #1
(female)

HIPHOPDIVA HB User
Update...im Still Here

Well All, Im Still Coming To The Board Once In A While...when I Feel Up To Dealing With People....as Some Of You May Know I Haven't Been Feeling Well.
I Went Back To The Regular Dr And He Gave Me More Pain Medicine, And Muscle Relaxers....so Im More Drugged Up Than Before.
My Sleeping Is All Over The Place....im Sleeping Off And On All Day Long. My Dr. Took Me Off Work Till The End Of The Year...i Was Already Part Time Due To My Children Always Getting Sick....so Needless To Say I Dont Get Any Short Or Long Term Disability From My Job. I Am A Single Mother Of 4 Kids Who Is Fortunate My Father Is Able To Help Me.
I Do Have A Wonderful Boyfriend Of Over A Year Who Helps Me So Much, But He Is Scaring Me...he Is So Worried...probably Overly So....makes Me Feel Really Bad Because He Is So Scared.
My Mother And Father Are Discussing What To Do With My Kids If I Dont Make It....makes Me Feel Really Good Let Me Tell Ya...just Kidding.
I Have Finally Found A Dr Out Here That Treats Lyme's So I Should Be In To See Him End Of August. They Couldn't Get Me In Any Sooner Regardless Of How Sick I Feel.
I Took 2 Weeks Of Augmentin And Went To The Dr The Day After I Finished....and Had A Fever....made Me Ask...can I Get A Break!
I Started Takin Doxy But It Was Makin Me Throw Up, So I Had To Quit That...which I Dont Think I Should Have....but I Can't Be Feeling So Sick Anymore...
Question........do You All (when You Feel Terrible Like This) Want To Just Be Left Alone.....no Phone Calls, Visitors, Anything? I Feel Like Ive Turned Into A Hermit!
I Went Out To A Show Last Saturday And Made It 5 Hours Then Had To Go Home...i Was Hurting So Badly.
People There Said That I Look Different In My Face...it Is Wearin On Me.....and I Have Lost Weight......which I Didn't Have Any To Lose In The First Place.....i Am 5'6 And Weigh 100 Now.......
Just Had To Vent.....fill You All In.....
Oh, And Did It Ruin Anyone's Teeth? I Have Had Teeth Problems....loss Of Teeth And Such.....remember I Had This 10 Yrs Before Being Diagnosed.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: Update...im Still Here

Hi HipHop.....So sad that you are feeling poorly! I had been through all of that also....with the teeth and gums...I had beautiful teeth and flossed them they wound up getting very loose on me...and I was told you need to take better care of your teeth...haha...I was...but since I have been on antibiotics for 6-7 years my gums are better...my teeth aren't as white as they use to be and I have ground them down and am trying to get my jaw back into alignment...LOL...but they still work...

I understand about feeling like you are dying...think most of us that have/had been mis-diagnoised get to that point..I also went through the getting down to the 100 pound mark...and hated eatting...everything smelled terrible...but I did LOVE ICE CREAM AND CEREAL I also ate easy stuff yoiu know eggs...just wasn't into thinking about food....

I also like others got the herx from the anitibiotics....but I stuck with mine...after the doctor and I realized I wasn't allergic to them it was a good thing that I was being sick off of them....So after that I hung on to the herx's and went through them.......

You are truly lucky (know you don't feel that way) that your Father and boyfriend are hanging in their with you! My family didn't understand and to this day they still don't. Probably cause every time I went to the 100's of doctors I went to they each had their own diagnois's...Thing that cracks me up about my situation is ....I KNEW I HAD GOTTEN BIT...I HAD TO HAVE THE HEAD DUG OUT...I was sick within the week....but nooooooo.....it wasn't in the county I lived in....and my test didn't show positive.....such a familiar story to many...so frustrating...so went my journy of finding someone to help me....

Anyway long story....I just want to give you the hope that you will get better! It will take years but you will....My doctor that I found had me on cocktails of antibiotics....he retired and I am no longer on them....I am out of bed, not running fevers, not throwing up...walking, talking, using my arms, MOST THE TIME MY BRAIN,,,,I feel I still have them in my head...think they are just waiting there But I am burned out at this point and am enjoying atleast 20 days out of the month doing well.....

Keep your chin up as much as you can....let us know how your doctor appt..goes....Big SOFT Hug to you!!!

Old 07-29-2006, 06:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pearlscale HB User
Re: Update...im Still Here

Hiphop
Jojo is right. Hang on it does get better. I wasn't treated but 10 days for lyme 19yrs ago and never treated for the coinfections I now know I have.

I started seeing a LLMD last fall. Its a battle, but slowly I am gaining ground.

I also want to tell you about Septra. A month or so ago I started on Septra for the first time. Well, I got so sick. My chest hurt so badly. I had major spasms and horrible reflux. I called the Dr and they stopped the Septra at my request. Then the last time I was there, the Dr convinced me that I needed to get back on Septra. I needed to be on something in the family of drugs Septra was in. I still told him no. Then the pa went ahead and wrote me a RX for septra and for carafate. Carafate totally numbs the digestive track.

I made myself go back on it and after 3 days of living off carafate, I stopped having such sever digestive problems. I am glad that I went back on the meds. It was a hard decision knowing what would happen. I still have some problems with the Septra but I know it is helping.

It is possible you have the bacteria in your digestive system and that is why you are having so much trouble. I do know when I first started treatment, I was on IV's and within a few days my diarreah was so bad that I had to stop the meds for awhile. Then I tested positive for C Diff. The LLMD told me he thought all my problems then were also related to the lyme bacteria living in my digestive tract.

I pray you will get through this. Little by little you will gain. You will beat this. Hang on.

Prayers.....Marsha

Closed Thread